1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mansell

mansell Active Member

mid race saves and driver swaps are IMO more important for proper endurance racing than the grid size.
    lets hope they working (or they will work) for features like these and we will read about them in the third part of the dev update or in the next development stages.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, as Renato said in his message extensive MP testing has been occurring for many months. Reiza will update things that work and not attempt introducing things that are already known to not work or cause issues for the majority of the player base.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Tests with increased grids have been going on in beta for a long time (since last year iirc), there were lots of reports of issues, Reiza investigated the issues, did a lot of testing, and fixed a bunch of stuff.
    If they're only implementing it in public build now with certain restrictions there's reasons for it, whatever suggestions people have about increased grids there's a high chance Reiza has already tested it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Arconian

Arconian New Member

Because tracks like LeMans or Nordschleife feel relatively empty with only 32 cars. Because 24h races IRL have up to 60 cars and people want to replicate these events. And if the race is multi-class, you are limited to a fairly low amount of cars in each participating class, which reduces the competitiveness of the race. I actually expect a noticeable increase in players once LFM start their Beta program, so it's not unrealistic that popular races will gather 32+ drivers. I mean, I've already participated in many many 30+ cars open-lobby races during European prime time.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's reliable. Anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything unfortunately other than it sometimes works.

If is larger grids are added natively as a feature and it throws errors in 5%* of races that's one in 20 races ruined. That percentage must be much lower to be acceptable as an officially supported solution.

* Disclaimer: the 5% mentioned is just a random number, not related to reality.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Will we will have a time frame of when it will be release ? Summer ???

7. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

The "summer" that was referred to earlier ends next weekend. We're waiting for the final write-up from Renato after which usually, historically the actual update will go live in pretty short order.
    At some point in October is my best guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Reading the dev update and watching the videos, i dont have any demand, I'm utterly satisfied with the developments, I just want to get my hands on it already.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Nice october. Hope early october

10. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Keep in mind it's a "guess", I'm not even in the beta program. I just go on past track record with Reiza and the way they've done stuff.
    Since they appear to sort of have the finish line in sight now, it would make little sense if it still took the entire autumn season to release.
    That's why I say October.

11. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Really looking forward to bigger grids , I was hoping for working flags but maybe not this time. Can’t wait to test it all out

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

What really sounds awesome about the update is the possibility of them reworking the shadow quality next year, which IMO is the biggest image quality issue in the game, specially with VR. Hopefully they improve it. If they are actually making low level engine upgrades, I hope they find a way to implement DLSS or other upscaling, not because I need it performance wise (although I'm sure it could help some people), but because it is often superior with dealing with antialiasing, which is still an issue with the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Because if there was for example 48 driver online limit already, then i could race with 9 other people from the Discord server i am in and have an additional 38 AI drivers added in to fill the whole field.

With only 32 driver limit doing a Le Mans race feels pretty empty, Nordschleife even emptier .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

For me, tracks with more than 40 cars : Daytona, Sebring, Road America, Indy, Monza, Spa, Nurb/Nords, Silverstone, Le Mans 24H, Fontana, Watkins Glen.
    Between 30 to 40 cars : Barcelona, Suzuka, Kyalami, Le Mans bugatti, Interlagos, Imola, Laguna Seca, Brands Hatch (maybe), Long Beach (maybe), Virginia, Buenos Aires, Termas de Rio, Gateway, Donington, Estoril, Montreal, Mosport, Cristais, Brasilia (maybe), Bathrust, Adelaide, Hockenheim and maybe Jacarepagua.
    Under 30 cars : the rest lol

Some historic tracks may be charged more 30 cars maybe more than 40 : Hockenheim (1988 and 2001), Monza (1971, 1993) Spa (1970, 1993), Silverstone (1991 and 2001)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Majestic

Majestic Member

Multiplayer is an equally important part of the game. I would say the most important. No matter how cool the AIs are, the best AI is a real player. It is impossible to achieve perfection in this matter at this stage of technology development, maybe sometime in the future. A real player knows how to be nervous, make mistakes, drive on the verge of breaking the rules, choose the most unpredictable tactics, so it is unlikely that AI will ever be able to replace a real pilot entirely.
    I generally can’t play with AI for a long time, so I know and see that it’s a set of scripts. AI is needed when the game has a cool career; without it there is no point in going through boring identical races.
    Why do I need iRacing? There are a lot of things I don’t like there, I and many others want to go to AMS at LFM and other venues.
    Don't forget, you are not alone, everyone has different preferences.

*I’m ready to collect dislikes under the post for my opinion

• Disagree x 18
    • Agree x 4
    • Friendly x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  16. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

IKR, and how many games see the CEO pop into forums now and again and interact as a citizen? It is an intangible, but it will forever make me happy to be part of something were the customer us really made to feel part of the community.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Stepy

Stepy Member

Yeah its good thats Renato finds the time to pop in, would be cool if Reiza done a video like a certain other game done just recently, lke a dev blog in vdeo format.

18. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Its perfectly fine that you enjoy multiplayer, but some people preffer the single player experience, to just set the race they want to race, when they want to race, some people dont have time or patience to wait for multiplayer schedule events. I like to just sit the time i feel like it, race what i feel like racing. So for me the development in AI i see in 1.6 is very important. But hey, one thing doesnt keep the other from developing.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. OnionJack

OnionJack New Member

Yeah but real players can be even ****tier than AI is. For example you wont excpect AI to ram into you because they are salty after you overtook them. I gave up on public lobbies because I cant set my own rules based on my preferences and because races can be very easly ruined because of the other players.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

So, even when the CEO of Reiza writes a crystal clear commentary about updates to MP and AI, we still have posts reiterating the exact same false debate about which one is more important/should be the focus as needlessly exists in every other major thread on this forum.... :(

• Agree Agree x 25
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.