1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

EA is probably considering micro-transactions for crashes/damage to simulate the parts/labour cost of real racing in the next F1 game and a "catering DLC" to go above the cost cap :D

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I agree with him making very good videos, but he’s not really an update reviewer IMO

3. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nils N. is credible and enjoys a great reputation. Thanks to his newly acquired track day experience, he can also draw comparisons that an ordinary Youtuber cannot. I'm excited to see what he has to say, because he names critical aspects and doesn't mince his words.

4. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A vote for me is a vote for perfect pixels.

Driving...i know left from right at least. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

AHHHHHHHH I was thinking Niels Heusinkveld for some reason. I’m sorry to everyone who thinks I’m stupid for saying we shouldn’t let Nils do a video

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Everybody was saying Nils and not Niels...

7. Racinglegend1234

As stated, I’m stupid
    Edit: I appreciate you WarmRed

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've never seen the disagree used in such a positive way before. That's pretty nice.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tennenbaum

tennenbaum Member

Most (race) cars are fairly easy to drive (not F1), until you do a real race.

From my limited real racing experience I also know that i need many more laps in a sim to get in the 104% or 107% range. Though, in the sim and IRL i soon reach a personal limit that is quite impossible for me to overcome.

The moment you're close to this personal limit every car (in sim and IRL) I believe is hard to handle - otherwise you could drive faster ;-).

I rotate regularly between 6 sims since years, because I enjoy the variety due to their different driving feel. Though, besides many preferences regarding visuals, sound, accessibility, etc., if I had to choose one sim, I'd always go for the one that feels the most lively and plausible at the limit. Reading between the lines of the beta testers I'm optimistic Reiza will get closer this time to this magic zone, when driving starts to become intuitive, when you feel connected to the car and track, and the flow sets in.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2024 at 12:17 PM
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

^This!
    This has been my experience as well being an amatuer racer. Driving prepped race cars isn't that hard, as long as they have been properly setup. A well setup car is relatively easy to drive to the limit, the biggest factor that seperates the fast drivers from the slow drivers is lack of fear and car control abilities at the limit. Usually the faster the car the more challenging it is to drive due to the extra speed and extra sense of fear it induces.
    I really don't understand why people who haven't driven race car IRL think they are hard to drive, I wonder if it's because iRacing wrongly portrays it that way.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 6
  11. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Since forever there's always been a believe that Harder equals realism, because we like to idolize racing drivers as driving gods, which ofc they are, but not for just driving the car, but being able to drive it fast.
    Just for reference here's Seen through glass explaining his experience while driving an F1 car, and basically what he talks about is how it's difficult to adjust to the brutality of the car

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I think part of the difficulty is the way we get information from a real car.

The first thing I did when I jumped in the F3 for the first time was try the throttle in neutral. I rested my foot on it and VROOOOOOOM. 'Okay', I said to myself, let's treat that with some care. That sensation would make anyone who had not driven it cautious because it is scary and you feel it in your bones.

There is none of that in a game, we use other methods to get that feedback, some lucky folks have haptics, butt kickers or even motion platforms to help with that, but many are on basic wheels or even controllers.

There is a balance to be struck, if the throttle in game were like the real one, it would be hard to drive, thinking back to my first wheel, a humble g27, I can't imagine being able to be as successful as I was in real life if the travel were the same.

So what do you do about that, the lack of feedback would make that F3 harder to drive (not at pace) in the game than in real life.

Sims do a good job of letting us enjoy cars most of us will never get to drive, I dream of one day driving an F1 car and have seen a few places where you can for a couple of grand, but until then, I am so glad that we have such quality sims.

As for the cars I have driven, I can absolutely say that AMS2 is not miles away, I've posted about my criticisms of the Caterham model in game but that always comes paired with the positive of how it has most of the character right. The 620R is the furthest away in my opinion.

Anyhow, ramble over, I love the game and while I always try to get more people into it, people will choose what they like best and that's fine with me.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I never got the idea that Reiza is out to challenge iRacing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Better a PC than a smartphone!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly smartphones aren't bad so long as you stay away from social media

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. B Stu

B Stu Member

Unfortunately smart phones now come with super glue pre installed )

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. B Stu

B Stu Member

Unfortunately children now come with super glue pre installed )

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And mainstream media.

• Winner Winner x 3
  19. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly just avoid anything that doesn't have to do with motorsports! I mean who really needs anything else?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Teenage boys will want more

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.