1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The ai improvements for me. And the better physics, graphics etc.
    Had a race at Spa earlier in the V10 gen1 and kept getting punted off in the braking areas even on low aggression settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Idk man... Just taking a single look at the Ferrari 499P, Audi R8, Mercedes CLK-GTR, Ford Gt40, Lancia 037, and Volvo 850R is more than enough to keep me satisfied

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Alcohol, (not pop) music and old comedies.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

On LFM's Porsche 992 GT3 Cup (one of, if not, the most difficult car to drive in rF2), I came out 5th overall, with +800 participants and, for comparision, I got my lap time just 0.5s from Michi Hoyer on Sachsenring. I don't call myself an alien, not even a very fast guy, but sure I can have race pace. At 55 yo, I don't expect more than this ;) (top 10 is a victory any day of the week).

Sure, and they don't see what they're loosing.

I think you miss the point.
    Of course cars are not made unstable, surely not less stable than a road car. That's why they have slicks, top-notch suspensions, etc., none of them is worst than a road counterpart.
    Drivers do try to make it on the verge of been so. That allows for fast direction changes.
    Take the image below... from an engineering perspective, racing cars and jet fighters are made to be near the unstable equilibrium (drivers or pilots are responsible for controlling them... well the later ones do need lots of computer power to help them doing so, but that's another story). Road cars and airliners are all in for stable equilibrium (they do tend to return to neutral position if left alone).

upload_2024-10-12_20-29-15.png

Besides, the point is, a driver will always be near loosing the front of the rear end.
    A small touch, like the one in today's race @PLM (beween the cars bellow, ~7h42 left in the race), will make the cars unstable and spin. That's something, in my oppinion, AMS2 still lacks.

upload_2024-10-12_20-43-49.png

Butt kickers are faily easy to make, I only spent €60-70 doing mine (double shaker, under the seat). SimHub does the rest.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Bađi

Bađi Member

Sure but why shouldn't they? I think aiming for number one spot is good in any realm of life. The team at Reiza is more then capable of delivering a great product. I think they should stride for that number one status. Bit by bit of course but once the ball starts rolling for real I think they for sure can topple the likes of iRacing.

6. Lucifer_sam

I still think it's so cool how Nick Mason (drummer of Pink Floyd) actually raced at LeMans
    5de0e8a2d729b.jpg

I don't think he raced the car below at LM, but it still looks very cool so I will share

5425950458_bdb175174b_b.jpg

aac.jpg

Oh and another fun fact, George Harrison was a massive fan of Formula 1, any fan of vintage F1 should check out the music video for his song Faster

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Smartphones are good, the problem is the dumb humans who spent countless hours everyday looking at and posting stupid stuff on social media.
    It's much more fun to spend time on pc playing my favorite games. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

If I had a nickel for every time a drummer for a very famous band had a professional racing career in the early 80s I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice (pictured- Slim Borgudd, touring drummer for ABBA in a 1981 ATS with the band logo emblazoned on it)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

That video reminds me, it's been a little while since I begged...

Please Reiza, bring this bad boy to the game!

[​IMG]

What better way to highlight the new tyre physics than with 50% more wheel?!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a suitable SC…
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Jody wasn't too impressed with the P34 ...[​IMG] too

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

So the exact same scenario doesn't happen in the Beta I take it?

13. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Boy, would I love to look at the flatspots thru the tiny windows in VR

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I deplore that smartphones have become mandatory. I like PCs over small screens. I don't need to see the latest news or videos on my phone. But I need one for financial products, buying stuff, paying rent and other crap I have no say over. I hate having to find mine, keep track of it and charge it all the damn time. I turn on my PC or flip open my laptop and I got all I need.

Phones should be a perk, not a burden. And, yes, smartphones have really screwed up communication, face-to-face or otherwise.

Off-topic, so I'll stop.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Smartphones are indeed awesome, I can refresh this forum without smashing my F5 key and when screen protection wears off, I'll buy a new one.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

I don't want AMS2 to try to rival iRacing's crap tyre models, disgustingly expensive DLC or its 2005 graphics. Maybe it's because I couldn't give a toss about multiplayer and I only drive single player, but screw iRacing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. Lucifer_sam

Exactly! Also my inexperience with closing garage doors without a handle ended about as well as one would expect! My middle fingers hurt very much though thankfully nothing worse than bruising, but I'm incredibly thankful I don’t have to use a traditional keyboard right now and can just type with my thumbs!

18. Bizarre Formula

Maybe I'm being incredibly silly, but is that why they were on the car?

I guess it might be quite difficult to see the tye condition with them being so small.

Edit: Google AI answered that for me:
    "
    The six-wheeled Tyrrell P34 Formula One car had side windows, called portholes, to allow the driver to see the front wheels:

• Visibility
      The cockpit was high and the fields were small, so the driver couldn't see the wheels over the side of the cockpit.

• Accuracy
      The portholes allowed the driver to aim the car more accurately through corners.

• Brake balance
      The driver needed to achieve brake balance between the front and rear, and also between the four front wheels.
    However, the portholes were often covered in dirt and grime, making them unusable."

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. Bizarre Formula

Looking at it now, I think I chose a picture of a replica of some kind. The aero doesn't look right and it doesn't have the portholes, what do you guys think?

20. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

Now that IMSA is gone for now,
    Chip Ganassi can take a bow,
    Only one thing can fill that gap,
    Between now and Daytona's lap,
    1.6 can come to our praise,
    So why not, LETS RACE!!

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.