1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I can tell you that [REDACTED] is AWESOME

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Don't you have access to the Beta and therefore are able to tell if this is the case or not?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Begfgbgdb-bxf

Begfgbgdb-bxf New Member

Yes i guess

• Like Like x 1
  4. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Whoever thinks that talking about other sims is trolling really needs to rethink the concept of communication. :whistle:

I for one haven't seen any instance of trolling, it was just an elaborate opinion.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

The person in that case is a famous troll, and no, it was not because he talked about other sim, as we do it all the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Renato Claus will get it sorted IF you sing a nice song to him about AI tire strategy... And nicely in key Ralonso, very important!:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. F_B

Ah ok. A famous troll. :D

8. brendanrfoley

brendanrfoley Member

Renato shared that 1.6 was “weeks away, not months” on September 4. Is that still the case — or has the expected release window shifted?

I’ll be honest that I’m a little frustrated. Not with the fact that 1.6 isn’t here. It’s about the hype Reiza and folks with access here have built around it. The silence after the June update, the lack of teased videos and previews after the September 17 post, and the steady flow of “redacted is awesome” posts have been too much.

1.6 has been teased at one of the most significant updates to AMS2 for more than three months. Enough already. Either come up with a communications plan and stick to it or stop teasing it altogether.

I want to be (and am) excited by 1.6. But the constant reminder that I’m playing a “lesser” version of AMS2, in combination with expecting preview content that’s teased but never materializes, isn’t fun anymore.

• Agree Agree x 27
    • Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. F_B

I just read his opinion about Iracing which I think is sensible and soon after that the famous Iracing bashing started. That's why I wrote my reply.

Felt like the typical simracing tribalism.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Sure, reading it in isolation does indeed sound like a tribalism on my behalf. Unfortunately, it wasn't a first encounter with that person.

I play other games too and enjoy them as well, but I don't need to post about it every post trying to force a reaction from others, especially on a single game forum, naturally angled towards that sim.

Repetitive posting the same stuff telling Reiza to release 1.6 now (like they don't know when to release and holding it for no reason) is nothing than trolling at this point.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been driving in iRacing again more often recently, but only because there is no assisted MP service in AMS2. But iRacing's tire model is years behind that of AMS2. Netcode is also always a lottery. Otherwise the guys from iRacing are doing a very good job, you have to give them credit. I really hope we get some iRacing MP feelings in AMS2 with the LFM.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bađi

Bađi Member

Wisely said. I have college to worry about atm so not much time is spent thinking about 1.6 but I really wish that moving forward (1.7 etc.) we get these Dev updates month and a half to two months before the release at max. It seems like a long enought time for the hype to build and mature but not so long that we get 370 pages of forum chatter. I believe first time 1.6 was brought up in a dev update was March 2024. It has been 7 grueling months for some of you (I got the game somewhere in July) and I think that at some point hype that has built up in most of the playerbase since the mention of 1.6 has died down significantly. Transparency from the devs goes a long way, I just personally think that the initial mention of 1.6 was too early in the developlent cycle. It's common to not have strictly set deadlines in any healthy work enviorment but that doesn't excuse teasing and milking this long awaited update for 7 ******* months.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2024 at 2:27 PM
    • Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

My post was surely not bashing any sim.

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@F_B @stealthradek

When you want to discuss that matter please do so in the Chit-Chat thread or over PM.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagree...

[REDACTED] is even MORE awesome than [REDACTED], everyone will see i'm right once 1.6 drops!

Actually, i best make sure my 1.6 screenshots ain't on my phone at the expo next week! :D

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

C'mon guys, let's act like adults. These "teases" are just making things worse.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

If you're looking for something to do in the meantime and haven't already, go watch the historic moment that took place today with the Space X launch.

Absolutely bonkers.

• Like Like x 5
  18. BenC

BenC New Member

Club Members need to realise that they aren't doing 1.6 a favour with building the hype this much.
    If you do this long enough with enough shouts, people are gonna expect perfection, and I don't believe it will be, as stated by the devs.
    When 1.6 comes out and it doesn't live up to expectations build, it will be dead in no time.
    It's good to build hype, but do it constructive please.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

This. I'll only add to non-beta racers to not treat 1.6 as a final iteration. While there are indeed improvements in a lot of places it'll be disappointing experience if 1.6 is expected to bring the polish and perfection to all aspects.

It's a step in the right direction though, but hold your horses folks :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2024 at 9:52 PM
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. achus59

achus59 New Member

I am also at the expo :whistle:
    Can we arrange a recognition sign....
    MSA in the left hand.....yellow rose on the jacket...or some other agent trick :cool::)

• Funny Funny x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.