1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, or a Friday night (MP) wet race (wet as in alcohol involved), YIKES! :confused:

2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This one?
    upload_2024-9-18_19-22-4.png

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

• Agree x 10
    • Funny x 8
    • Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
  4. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Well, i'm with you and i wouldnt't have anything against grid sizes of 100+ cars, if this would be possible without recoding the online part completely!
    And this, according to Renato, will most probably never happen...
    So i'm afraid we will have to live with that compromise.
    Even daily demand won't change anything of the situation.
    So useless to discuss this theme ever and ever again..... :whistle:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

So my new GPU has arrived and i stress tested my old one with 32 visible cars in practice at monza, struggling around 30 fps. now im around 100fps. so i guess im ready for 1.6 :)

From RX570 to RX6650 XT

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Simracers...the most understanding, well balanced and considerate of all creatures on earth 'eh.

*This post is sponsored by copious amounts of sarcasm*

• Funny Funny x 7
  7. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

Am I the only one who is hoping that with the UI overhaul we will get perhaps tire-warmers? Would be nice to have pre-heated tires when testing in practice. So far I do my setups in race with an empty grid....

8. mansell

mansell Active Member

renato himself said that we shouldn't expect that
    he didn't mentioned any title in particular, he just said the self-evident
    This isn’t to suggest that AMS2 V1.6 will immediately become the ultimate platform for multiplayer sim racing; other titles with a more dedicated focus on multiplayer will continue to be the more robust and resourceful platforms for online sim racing.

a self-evident which people who downvote your comment maybe don't agree with, or maybe they didn't read what reiza says about it.
    or both...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. mansell

mansell Active Member

it could be worse mate (cheese pics, vintage car wish lists, VR settings suggestions and LMU physics analysis coming soon in this thread) :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

I like in ACC that it is adjustable in that way and that one can even choose less than 10 cars to display. For me are 3 cars in the front and back enough, if it keeps the FPS locked at 90 in VR under all circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Pre-heated tyres are already in the game and have been for a long time haven't they? I guess though you are saying they don't get heated for practice sessions and you would like that option? Even so, you could use time trial mode for set up work - that always starts with warmer tyres and allows direct comparison of the impact of changes via racing your ghost. Not so useful if you're working on cold or wet weather set ups though to be fair.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I had some of my favorite racing experience with AI because i drive games with good AI, great AI has already been achieved, guess you just did not play those racing games.
    Also when i race AI i can choose any track, any car combo, any weather, any settings, FULL GRID, and do not have to hear any complains and nonsense from anybody and can race at any point of the day. AI racing is a must .

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kewan

Kewan New Member

Moi aussi j'attends cela avec impatience pour les courses d'endurance. Avec cette option ams2 sera vraiment énorme face à la concurrence

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

exactly and doing setups in time trial hasn't crossed my mind jet, thanks for the tip

• Like Like x 1
  15. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Maybe this Dev update was one of the best I ever read, it does tick almost every box of things I always wanted on a Sim. AMS2 was already great for me (mostly single player), and it looks that Reiza read into every constructive feedback provided by community and worked it into on relentlessly to address or mitigate / optimize any issue / flaw . Grid sizes increase, AI improvement and wet weather drive lines / tire behaviour improvements would pretty much fulfill all I dreamt on a SIM. But they still deliver 3 incredible new tracks and IMSA content to an already huge existent lineup. It’s been a great journey to play AMS2 and watch the sim getting better, and see the user base slowly but steadily increasing. Having the CEO having this honest and open communication channel directly with a normally really divisive community is also really great. They know the strengths and weaknesses of this engine, they know this won’t be a multiplayer focused platform, but they know how to tick almost every box to let the user base fulfill any sim / race dreams. With the market so saturated with multiplayer, quantity over quality content and lack of communication with the audience, it’s really refreshing to be able to see a developer with a different approach, with passion and dedication to perfecting and enhancing a sim with really long term progression in mind. I seldom comment here, but I feel that when I’m comment, I’m somehow listened by the developers, by the community and this is greatly fulfilling for me. I cannot wait to be able to play this update when it arrives and I hope I get to sort out my current issue with my PC (last week all my USBs went dead overnight, I cannot even start my Pc as my keyboard or mouse are not recognized anymore, and my pc does not have ps2 slots, only USB) to be able to spend countless hours (splitted in 2 to 3 hours per week in the slimmest free time I have) in the months to come. Starting with Indy 500, and Workd Circuit (GP1) a long time ago, I can say that now it’s a great time to be a simmer, and for me thanks to AMS2. Keep pushing Reiza!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. NikitaOnline17

NikitaOnline17 New Member

Late reply but - it depends I suppose. Sure public lobbies rarely break like 20 drivers, but I've also seen plenty of championships with 28 drivers fully book within a couple hours. Kind of a moot point unless they find a way to make so many drivers stable on servers and I'm not holding my nose for that, but there is a desire for it

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. MediocreAtBest

MediocreAtBest New Member

Wow this feels like Xmas come early. Probably in the minority but one of the things I'm most looking forward to is the GUI refresh, it's clunky enough for flatscreen use, it's painful for VR use. My bound enter/select button for example works on most things except I can't select Back/Exit so constantly have to gaze click lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Joachim

Joachim New Member

Has the Formula Ultimate Gen2 already the new physics?

19. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

It has what was going to be the 1.6 physics, but they have since changed through beta testing. So they will change again when 1.6 drops.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In v1.5 FUltGen2 and Stock Car 2024 had and have partial new tyre physics yes. Beta / 1.6 goes well beyond where they are at in 1.5.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.