1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Visual, audio and tactile changes, let's hope we don't get sensory overload!!

It should definitely be fun exploring all the changes.

For me personally it's the driving feel that is the number one thing. Everything else will just be icing on the cake. Let's hope the cake doesn't have a soggy bottom.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

But isn't that the fun of it to have either very high or very low temperatures too ? Why would you want to sim race in always 100% ideal conditions ? It is a blast to drive on a damp track with just traction control keeping you from spinning or not even that with old F1 cars in heavy rain conditions for 45 minutes.

Honestly people who always drive in Sunny weather, Heavy Rubber, at Monza with a GT3 car in a 10 minute race should get out of their comfort zone and try 1970's Interlagos in an F-Vintage Gen 1 as the weather goes from rain to medium clouds half-way through the race. Of the Group A class at modern Hockenheim starting at Midnight and the race ending at 6 AM. Heck do a 30 minute F-Classic Gen 4 race in rain conditions from start to end at the 1991 Silverstione, it is incredible ! The changing track and weather conditions is something that makes this game truly amazing .

Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 9:32 AM
    • Agree Agree x 15
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. OldButVerySlow

OldButVerySlow New Member

Yes, I mixed it up with Raceroom. 32 is even worse.

4. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Quick question, has there been any updates to the pitcrew animations for version 1.6. At the moment the pit crew appear at the last second when you pull into the pits...oh and btw @maximumiggies you're not funny, you're not slick, stop, just stop...

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Nothing public AFAIK

6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Honestly I think its time to lock the whole forum so people can go outside, play other games, or just go complain on reddit or xwitter. Nothing useful will come out of this thread until 1.6 update is out.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

As greenday said:
    Wake me up when Sep.....i mean, october ends:p
    idk you guys but i'm feeling sad about this forum. most of the people here are constructive. others...well...@maximumiggies is the opposite.
    anyway, a long term developement doesn't mean eternal developement, so in one hand, we have phisics developement, AI, new content, new features, new game mode( single player championship ), new UI, multiplayer experience, a lot of bugs, graphic issues, etc...etc.in the other hand,we are at more than the half of the dev cycle...
    how many years will reiza continue with AMS2 developement? 2? 3?
    at this point i ask to myself if there is time to get everything done and work properly. Maybe we leave a couple of things behind the dev cycle. it is not realistic, given the pace that reiza team had shown in these five years of developement, to think that they will finish the sim with all the features announced and working free of bugs. even if they manage to do it, most people will loose their interest in a sim that has a five years standar. it will be outdated when it gets finished.
    again, this is my point of view.
    next year, we'll have a couple of sims coming out and one of them is from one of the most popular brands...reiza is running out of time:(

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

running out of time for what exactly?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I always find it funny when people who don't know me make wrong assumptions about which cars, tracks, and conditions I like to drive. :)

My previous post was just a suggestion, people should play the game in whatever way they find enjoyable.

10. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

they are running out of time to finish their prodcut before big competitors will appear. if you think that people will stay with reiza and AMS2 forever, maybe you are very optimistic. also reiza, at some point, will move on and leave the developement of AMS2 to start a new project and as i said before, the AMS2 dev cycle will ends in 2-3 years(taking renato's words). that means that the team have to finish a product that now is incomplete and i don't think they can do it in this time frame, so some of the features, bugs and other stuff will not be finished when the dev cycle ends. that's my point

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, it's their dev cycle, so that means they can always change/extend it.

I don't believe Reiza ever worried about what any competitor did in the past, or will in the future.

People need to play what they want to play, even if it isn't AMS2, that's always been Renato's point of view.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

The exact same stuff were said when Raceroom were going to release an update. They didn’t release it and the hype is still there

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, or iRacings rain....lol

14. Racinglegend1234

AMS2 will survive when ACE comes out so there’s no rush

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. YuriRR

YuriRR New Member

I am a ‘silent’ reader of this forum and recently found myself wondering how to best deal with the negative (or worse) posters here… hard to understand why ppl write certain posts and bring nothing new or constructive to the table, why not just go somewhere else or play something else? I can imagine its a pain voor Reiza too. Plenty of positive, nuanced and enthusiastic folks here, but it seems like the negativity of a few impacts us the majority too much. Its a bit sad tbh.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

historically talking, that's not what happens in the videogames industri...every single studio have finished their dev cycle before rather than after.
    of course they can extend it but i think that this will not happen. as a user with barely 2.000 hours expended in this sim, is dissapointing that when the game will be supposed to be finished most of the people playing it now, will leave this sim to start playing a new one. maybe you don't care about this and you are fine with it, but not me.
    i love this sim and i want it to be the most popular sim in the market...maybe i had too much high spectations...o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. B Stu

B Stu Member

Unfortunately you will always have attention seekers on the Internet, give people a platform and some will abuse it.
    How long will Reiza keep developing Ams2? Well until they decide not to of course. Any successful sim is always going to be a continuous development cycle. As for ACE isn't that releasing in early access. It may or not be an amazing product at some point but it will be a different beast from what we've seen before. I don't think it will be the destroyer of all sims.
    Personally I think once Reiza announce a console release of Ams2, that's when developement will end (at least for us over entitled pc Masters ;-) )

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Big competitors have appeared since the beggining of Reiza studios, they released their first title (not counting the works they did as modders in rfactor) in 2011. In the meantime we've had:
    -rfactor 2
    -assetto corsa
    -assetto corsa competitizione
    -raceroom racing experience
    -Project cars
    -Project cars 2
    -Project cars 3
    -iracing ongoing development
    -Lemans ultimate
    aswell as the plenty of other offers in other platforms and disciplines (Gran turismos, Forzas, dirt rallys)
    And yet, the highest player count in Reiza's history was met at the beggining of 2024, and considering the angry comments that I've seen on this forum, I assume 1.6 is not going to go unnoticed when it eventually releases. What makes you think that someday, one sim will release that will make every other option on the market completely obsolete?
    I'm asking seriously because I honestly don't understand this way of thinking...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

will see it next year...i hope i'm wrong

• Like Like x 1
  20. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

well...look at the steam db page and compare AMS2 with the others and you will see that AMS has never compete with AC or ACC. it has its public but it is not that popular, even if some of its aspects are far better than the other options on the market. its inner code issues ruin the experience for a lot of people( i can deal with these issues but some people not).
    you are talking about the highest player count in reiza's history...well, 2 weeks later we were at the same exact numbers than before the december update that year... the same level that have Rfactor2 or RRR...the last one is the most outdated sim in the market and RF2 is a mess to get it work properly.
    i'm not saying that ACE will destroy the other sims, just saying that it will take a lot of people from every single sim on the market and AMS2 hasn't have a big player base.
    if we go to the online lobby( i know it because i do it every day), we'll see that there is just a few active lobbies at same time...most of them with 1/2 players on it and a couple of them with more tham five. do you think this is ideal?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.