1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, on a more positive note to offset the bickering: I just did a 1 hour race with GTE/GT3 Gen 1/GT4 on Guapore, with 39 cars, which is a lot for that track.

Picked this combo because I have extensive experience with it in V1.5. Can safely say overtaking improved because before I would be more than a lap ahead usually.

This time though, I started P7 in the Porsche RSR and it took me 40 minutes just to catch up to P1, then spent the next 15 minutes trying to get by the leader while we lapped traffic, then I crashed in T1 with 5 mins to go, bummer :)

Fun fact: I was using the medium tires because the GTEs will BBQ the softs very quickly and are basically unusable unless you drive in winter conditions or in quali.

Was good fun, not all cars were driving in pairs either despite it being many cars on a short track ;) The field spread out given some time.

Granted, this was one race on one track, but for this particular combo the difference was very encouraging.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Interceptor

Interceptor Member

Yeahyeah, get on with it then and make the wheels round this time.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Do the AI in FUltGen2 now use more than just the SOFT compound tyres? Right now they never use the mediums or hards.
    In the new Reiza videos on Youtube it still shows the F1 cars all using the red SOFT tyre.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joachim

Joachim New Member

ok. thank you!

5. PostBox981

PostBox981 Member

I don´t know why there are so many dislikes under this post. Most likely because Majestic is not the most popular member over here. Reading this post with a neutral view though, I have to say that I completely agree to it. E.g. I don´t think that the AI suffers from bad visibility as I do under certain conditions (rain/fog/darkness).

This is why I prefer to race in multiplayer. Of course I appreciate the AI improvements though. They will help me when practicing offline and of course they are good for those who perfer single player anyway.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

How to contradict your first paragraph with your second paragraph ;)

To me it's not MP vs AI and I agree fully with the first paragraph. And both are getting attention from Reiza, whether it's improving ability to overtake or dealing with disconnects. Neither MP or AI are in a complete and unlikely either will be ever perfect.

And I think AI vs MP shouldn't become another Xbox vs PS or Windows vs Linux pointless battle. Everyone should be able to enjoy AMS2 they way they like, and let's be honest - there's something for everyone.

Peace brothers and sisters
    ☮️✌️️:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

It seems that thermodynamic as improved a lot of you can't push like a beast with soft tyres :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

Having done a fair amount of races with the day night cycle I can certainly attest to this. AI crashes in the night, continues to drive completely unhindered by the lack of headlights! So annoying at tracks like Bathurst, when they take you out coming down the mountain, you get your lights smashed and have to pit. The lack of equality in terms of damage, off track grip and penalties are the most jarring immersion breakers for me in the game.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. GROVER-8-SRT

GROVER-8-SRT Member

We sim racers all began this hobby against AI (CPU as it was back in the day), why all the AI hate? :eek:

Multiplayer improvements are being made, I trust Reiza to make them better when they're ready.

Let just enjoy what we have, V1.6 is almost here, it isn't that serious!

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

You are right with multiplayer being a key element of sim racing. There is nothing like having a battle with some human and that is only possible with multiplayer.
    You are wrong thinking that AI is pointless without a career mode. Every time you start an AI race it is a new step on your very own career as a sim racer.
    Also with Apex Rivals the AI drivers are persistent in time and they have their own progression in time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I see no AI hate, just some people want better AI and others better multiplayer, and the ones who want better AI don't want time wasted on multiplayer when they don't use it and the ones who want better multiplayer just want it given more development time. We all want different things, it's normal and doesn't have to be equated to hate.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure if that is enabled yet to be honest as that's a car I rarely drive, and I don't think I've ever even done a race with it. That video is of a 6 lap race though if I recall correctly, so not the best example to draw a conclusion from in that respect I'd guess.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2024
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Cars/series that use pre-heated tires in real life have pre-heated tires in the game (any/all sessions).

Some have asked for an option to override those authentic settings and have pre-heated tires always. There are many other overrides to non-authentic settings in the game, so it may be feasible to expect this at some point.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Some multiplayer enthusiasts seems to be far more vocal about wanting developing time only going to multiplayer though. Its usually the opposite of what you are saying. But come on, are we going to spend 200 pages speaking of sp x mp or what?

• Like Like x 4
  15. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

Will there be an option in the new UI to customize which cars and which liveries will race? If so, that would be great as I want to keep grids like in IMSA as realistic as possible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Andrew Hollom

I think what you say is because there hasn't been any multiplayer development until now (how many years?), whereas I've seen numerous mentions in development updates about single player improvements. I also recall any number of posts going along the lines of "I do single player, don't waste time on multiplayer". I think it's just a little frustration from the multiplayer advocates and nothing to get hung up about.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Yeah, hopefully 1.6 will make multiplayers users happy, it doesnt seem one thing takes developing time from another though, but what do i know

18. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's simply not true. We only have to read back through the changelogs to find numerous notes around multiplayer, pretty much since day one. What probably is fair to say is that Reiza hasn't previously been able to identify any big 'fixes' or make significant visible headway in that area.

Comparing day one to now though there have been many improvements. Our cars no longer (or very rarely) leap thirty feet in the air if another car comes within a car length, we no longer have a three minute session join cut-off, we now have a rating system and we've had several rounds of net code improvement to name just a few.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. GROVER-8-SRT

GROVER-8-SRT Member

We want what we want, agreed, but the dev report has already given us insight into how difficult working out problems with multiplayer are including the issues with increased grid sizes. It is good to voice opinions on what we would like to be added to improve things overall but only the devs can make these happen.

20. Andrew Hollom

I'm a software engineer, and without customers letting us know what we should be fixing/developing next, we'd be working on things we think they might like. This is why it's not just good to voice opinions, it's actually quite important we do, and equally important that views aren't squashed. There's a similar thing going on with LMU at the moment with the plethora of monitor users telling those that want proper VR support to shut up, which isn't healthy.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.