1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Already posted this with some other links, including his actual video series, above.

2. Marc Collins

Ha ha. It is so true. Investing a small fortune in fancy equipment also won't help until you are reasonably close in pace, too. Same reason I can't seem to play tennis like Djokovic even though I am using his racquet! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That is pretty much where we're headed. I'm absolutely average pace wise and in v1.5 my "calibrated" AI strength is 108, which I've always felt didn't leave enough headroom for faster guys. In v1.6 I'm looking at 103 - so ~average human equal to ~100 AI.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Max Melamed

Max Melamed New Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

LFM Season starts on 7th October. Time we get the Update soon!

• Like Like x 4
  6. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

No offense taken!

When I say more simple, with reference to the ACC tyre model Vs the AMS2 tyre model, it is a statement of fact. A quick internet search will bring up the details of each. Have a look, what do you think? SETA is infact 3 models combined! That's part of the reason why ACC shares it's physics with the AI, they are more simple, hence require less CPU to calculate. Furthermore I never said SETA or the ACC tyre model calculates in real time. All physics will be calculated per physics clock cycle, I have no idea of the frequency of either sim in this regard. I know that I prefer AMS2 to ACC for many reasons, not just limited to the tyre model, I think it's more representative of real world, however you are perfectly entitled to your opinions. To each their own I say. :)

As regards to the inner/outer tyre temperature difference, I can't quote any evidence or even sources. It is knowledge I have accumulated sim racing. As you say yourself it's in many guides online, all I know is it works. As I refine my setups with terms of tyre pressure/temps and this in mind, I get faster. I suggest you try it yourself, if it works, great, if not find your own solution.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

So, I'm passionate towards AMS2? ;)

I can loosly use the term "realistic" with no problem... it is just my reality.
    It's just me, or anyone ever wonder what "green" (the color) is? How can I know how that color transalates on any other brain?

That's the issue, the tyre model is complex but small nuances just don't transfer the same way other sims do AND I feel in real life. Again, just my own experience.
    Will v1.6 reduce that gap? (rhetoric question)

I'm an engenieer (EE), I like cars, but until I started simracing in 2019 (just before COVID :cool:) I knew nothing about car history or car setups. I still know little, but all I can say it's a very rewarding learning.
    "Slow rebound" is the value that defines how damper resists extension (rebound) of low frequency forces (slow). When you brake, the front axle "bound/compresses" and rear axle "rebound/decompresses". For instance, you may need to increase "bound" value at the front, and, at the same time, increase "rebound" at the rear not to let the car loose the rear when braking hard entering a corner.
    AMS2 reacts very well to these values.

Road surfaces/curbs present dampers high frequency forces, so at Sebring :rolleyes: you'll most likely need to reduce "fast bound" and "fast rebound" values, compared to a resurfaced Monza :whistle:, to let the suspension absorve all those small impacts.
    Again, AMS2 reacts very well to these values.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  8. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

So what will you all test directly after getting 1.6?
    I will try the max amount of Cars on the shortest track possible. After that 48 Cars on Lemans and Nurb. Will hop into LmdH mainly at first.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  9. Emptyjar

Emptyjar Member

I’ll probably take my favorite cars on my favorite tracks and put up some times on the (presumed) cleared leaderboards.

I am mainly interested in the new physics/tires in 1.6, so….
    It’s gonna be a lot of GT3/GTE at Curitiba, Daytona, road America, etc. , to feel it out, and then some formula inter (underrated car) on the shorter Brazilian tracks.

I normally lurk my favorite cars/tracks leaderboard times and try to hold onto the top spot for as long as I can until I get beat by an alien.

I can’t wait.

• Like Like x 2
  10. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Thanks for the info, really appreciated and exciting, as tire management is also part of racing driver skills. I wonder if now that simulation is more robust on tires, if there are plans to enable qualifying tires for 80s F1. It would be really cool to go pedestrian like slowly on out lap to have 1 lap only with huge grip tires that will be melting by the end of the qualy lap. Any insights on this one? Thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

The IMSA finale @ Petit Le Mans will be held on October 12th. Maybe that's what Reiza is aiming for now?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  12. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

And DOOM

upload_2024-9-23_16-51-59.png

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

trying to find a new easter egg on the 3 new tracks perhaps? otherwise i guess just given all the new cars a spin and have a endurance race to finish off the day

14. Marc Collins

I liked Martin Brundle's comment about these tires in the SkyTV qualifying broadcast commentary of this past weekend's race. He was recalling the olden days when they used these special one-lap peak performance tires and corrected himself, jokingly, that they really only lasted three-quarters of a lap. I wouldn't expect anything like this in AMS 2 any time soon, or at all, but given Renato's obsession with some of these things, I also wouldn't completely rule it out if the time frame is the very end of the AMS 2 development cycle.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Max Melamed

Max Melamed New Member

Def. one of the LMDH cars, as I am looking forward to compare them to the LMU versions. I think S397 did an awesome job with them but I am super curious how Reizas approach to those cars feel.
    To me the cars in LMU handle like I observe them on TV and in reality, but feel a bit "dead" for whatever reason. Curious how this will be in 1.6. :)

16. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

Definitely will be checking out the new IMSA content. I'm thinking LMP2 around Sebring.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

71 laps Interlagos F1 Ultimate Gen2 against 120 AI.

Hope AI do not go for softs all the race.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Same for me although I’ll probably try the lmp2 first around Sebring , I find them to be a lot more alive with the occasional snap of oversteer keeping me on my toes.

19. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

48 cars in a multiclass race, what else. Blue flags, yellow flags, pit stops, overtaking maneuvers, Everything else will receive a Reiza standard anyway. Of course I'll chew through the other sweets too, but the AI is being put to the highest test for me. Because honestly, even 1.5 is awesome if only the AI would join in. Of course I take every bonus that Reiza offers me, but the AI is the real reason for 1.6 for me. It can continue like this until 2.0. The AI makes the whole game. The physics and FFB have actually been good enough for a long time. But I won't complain if Reiza keeps working on it.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

I will probably try the Formula Trainer which is one of those cars spoiled by the slidiness to see if something indeed has changed (The iRacing version is awesome)
    Then I would try the already awesome M1 on the green hell.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.