1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

No the UI will still show some elements even if you go and edit it. Right now we cant 100% hide the UI

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Harry_Harras

Harry_Harras New Member

I played every GP-game and, no offense to anybody, it is mostly nostalgia I think. The AI was and is still good, but more in a sense that it almost perfectly can give the impression of a real F1 race at the given time. Their moves and lines were not quite so impressive as you would think. But they were very good in overtaking each other.

Edt: The lines were mostly very very fixed - they just reacted to other cars and almost nothing else - just to clarify.

But the last time I played a GP-game was a while ago - so take it as a 90 percent accurate memory :p

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Flag waving marshalls have to be manually placed on ca 183 track configurations. That was my original point. If you all wish to ignore facts, its on you guys.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Start with the grade 1 and 2 tracks first then filter them in to the others. Some tracks have flashing light boards like Road America but still I don’t see them flash yellow ingame for an incident.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dolph

Of course. You'd usually start tackling a challenge from the most important parts. Something else must be a priority for it not to have happened yet, though.

6. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Imagine doing this on the Nordschleife! If you want to do it line in real life, you have to place 3 to 4 Marshalls every 400m on a 24km long track :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Nop, I think, for example, you still get flags and penalties in OSD, but I'll check it out.

Sorry, but I didn't read the rest of your post as you start with the wrong premise.
    Is not about glorifying LMU (or any other sim), is about saying that others do something more in line with real life experience than AMS2. It happens, LMU has the kind of races I love the most (multiclass, Les Mans), so I often use LMU as a reference for something it does better.
    If we can compare and only take what AMS2 already gives, we're not contributing for a better AMS2.

AMS2 does other things better than any other sim and is why it is my sim of choice.
    Examples of been under FCY and only then see why, as a driver would. It's fantastic!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Joaquim Pereira

ps - I don't use "It's fantastic!" often, it's just not my personality.
    But I weakened and couldn't resist the temptation to get people to love me more :D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Joaquim Pereira

Higher frequencies have higher atenuation over distance than lower ones (over the air) - I will not explain this either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Dolph

If you want to be very realistic, youd first have to decide on bunch of flag marshal models to be period correct, maybe create variance in them. Then work through a lot of material to see how exactly where they were waving. Theres holding the flag, waving, double yellows, maybe all marshalls are waving all the flags at the end of the race. Its not just sticking a guy in place and its done. Otherwise people are gonna say " hey, flag marshalls have not developed since Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix"

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Perfect.

People need to watch real AI racing cars, with powerful real AI capabilities, to undestand the limits of gaming AI:

Reiza is doing a good job, always improving.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Harry_Harras

Harry_Harras New Member

You are right of course - I somehow mixed that up :whistle: The Doppler - which you know of I guess - reinforces your point actually :D

But you could be a bit more open to other point of views (mine was obviously objectivly false) - I ve seen you argue several times about stuff never givin way a tiny bit ;)

13. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not that I really care about that :)...

• Like Like x 1
  14. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Like big boss guy at pit exit of Nurburgring 1971,
    Reiza might be sewing marshall's seasonal clothes including rain jacket.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Joaquim Pereira

That's correct, I agree.
    But if other sim does this better, it means it's also possible (in a game, with 'no real AI' capabilities).

I just point to a weak spot in AI behaviour, nothing Reiza doesn't know about.
    But, but let me get there. The current hype about tyre physics would exist if nobody complained about tyre model been sub-optimal?

To be fair to Reiza, and since I don't know about the AI implementation in either game, a solution can be simple to implement in a model and not in the other.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes as Reiza never stopped working on improving what they had. The wrong impression that the more someone uses the stick against developers and the strongly he complains and is negative about things the harder the developer will work is wrong (apart from being evident in many posts in the forums).
    Even those who could enjoy the previous versions for sure had (and wrote here in the forums) areas of the handling that they wanted improved. Being overly negative is not a prerequisite to be wishing improvements

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Joaquim Pereira

Neither only praise what is well done and not pointing what is, at that moment, the new weakest points.
    I've posted, 2-3 times my Steam hours in each game I own. That's the biggest praise I can give to Reiza. That's how I am.

ps - LMU is dead last in all 6 games I have :D:D:D

18. Stepy

Stepy Member

Yes but you still get the blue flags and the pit limiter coming up on screen no way to turn them off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You may be onto something there. When I first got AMS2 in 2020 this happened a lot. Always showed the same car, I think Stock Car. I thought it was just one of those things and never did anything about it. One day it appeared to fix itself. On a few subsequent fresh installs I had the same thing happen. It hasn't happened to me in a long time now, so can't remember the exact steps I took when it "cleared" the default car and held the last one I selected.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

It's the same work than set XYZ for a bush.

This is hard to do, not put one model with simple animations trackside:

But, it's a third part engine AMS2 running. Even simples things are harder to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.