Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Actually, despite giving 0 credit to the so-called "insider", I would not be surprised at all by a Nov or Dec release of the update... When devs say "not quite there" ... I think it's pretty far away...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. muzarati

muzarati Member

How about just start with a working flag system? I'm not bothered about animated marshals, just want a yellow flag when there's a car sitting in the middle of the track!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Trolls

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

November/december seem pretty possible. Otherwise, he will said that it finish. I hope the game will be more popular for multiplayer.

5. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

"1.6 will release mid to late November..."
    -Kolysion-:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

ACC does marshalls and flags superbly. I've not driven their version of Nords but I imagine they've managed to implement them there too. Though perhaps lots of LED boards could be a workable shortcut at Nords?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I went to the Insider website I didn't find anything. I don't see how a clothing store would know anything about AMS2.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just put “NOTFOROUTSIDERS” in the search box and then right click three times within 1.35 seconds, not like they will share this psychic secret info with just anybody, you amateur!

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

It's done when it's done. I'm doing my best to define settings in VR to race formula cars with 90FPS in heavy rain, without losing the HORRENDOUS wet tyres visuals in 1.6.

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I know it's a reference but they're in process of further tweaking visually :)

11. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Here the reddit reply « According to several in the chat who claimed to have insider knowledge, they said expect the time frame for release for around November, maybe even after Thanksgiving »

As for me it make perfect sense since the update is even not finish and reiza didn’t even told us about a potential date. Hope it will be popular for multiplayer and will not pertubate the LMF season. I am very exciting for this update !

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024
  12. brendanrfoley

brendanrfoley Member

Renato said 1.6 was “weeks, not months” away in early September. I’m hopeful we’ll see it before the end of October.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wu!

It makes no “perfect sense”, at least you acknowledged the update is not finished, that part is accurate. Hence Reiza can’t give a date since, well… it is not finished. It will come when it is… finished. Which could happen in November, sure, or not. We’re back where we started.

But don’t let logic get in the way of your quest for a release date. The “insider info” which apparently came to reddit via a chat is pretty definitive I would say, double hearsay makes it all the more believable obviously, logic is overrated anyway, I’m a believer too now!

14. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

I thought he said that road to 1.6 pts 3 was for a few week.

15. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Ok I don’t know anything about the insider info but still that make perfect sense for a november/december

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marcos Santos

Marcos Santos Member

More time to work on my apps and skins hoping to release it in time alongside v1.6 xD

Just a suggestion: The default Pitstop option could be just to change tires, instead of fixing broken parts..

I say this because, I watched several streams from people not used to AMS 2 trying it for the first time or testing an update for the first time and suddenly when they pit, it changes the engine and other parts which take too long and mess with their races, because they didn't know they had to change their pitstop option to just change the tires..
    This is not a good thing to occur to new or returning people, streamer or not..

Other reason is, sometimes me (and I believe many other people) do Endurance races and sometimes we just forgot to change our pitstop strategy.
    Sometimes the first pitstop is something like 40, 50 minutes after the start.
    Then this happens and kind just throw out our races and we have to do the race from start again, if it is a Championship race..

I mean, it's just a suggestion xD

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Wu!

You still provided no pertinent or verifiable information on why it makes perfect sense, but ok. I should not have gotten into this conversation anyway, my bad. I will remove myself from it again now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wu!

Perhaps in time, once V1.6 is out of the way, and focus can shift from physics and tires to some other things, a threshold could be implemented for when to repair a certain part if it is likely to fail in your next stint. Which would be overridden if you selected any other pit strategy than default.

Because, it would be equally frustrating if you been racing for 50 minutes, it changes tires only and 10 minutes later your engine blows because you decided to run 100% boost without adequate cooling on your Group C Merc or Nissan ;) Not the Porsche, if it breaks, just complain to Norbert Singer and tell him this is not acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  19. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

How about set the damage type to visual or no damage? It will reduce repair time.

20. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

More specifically, the person who is in charge.
    And, on a normal business, the demand determines the person in charge what is the best course of action.
    That's why we should have a critical opinion and not just give social incentives (e.g., a pat on the back). Forum and social media are not just a playground for fans or people to exchange information and experiences, it's also for developers to get some feedback from their users/clients.

What is, let's say... strange... is FCY is implemented and works well.

About "sources on Reddit" ... There's no such thing.
    There are people posting data in information clothes, but information is not true either (nowadays, rarely is).
    Good inside information reveals itself when someone, systematically, appears to know things in advance.

My understanding about “weeks, not months” in early September, could just mean Renato expects it to be ready in less than 2 months. Surelly he already has a dead line in his mind, but even a few weeks away, it's safer no to announce a specific date.
    Natural languages are ambiguous, by nature, and (the so called) linguistic confusion is a thing: there are no two people with the same understanding/definition of a word, we keep interpreting the facts through our biases (our own past experiences and desires).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.