1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 1.5 is still pretty much fun, tho. I have a blast online. Lots of regular people (and newcomers) come racing every evening. Together having fun. Bro and gentlemen chitchat so and then. It's great to see how the online community is a tight-knitted core, and with testing there's also a diehard crowd who come thrice every week to test, report, and race together as well. 1.5 is still worth it because it is and was a great patch too. The cars, the tracks and all are amazing. 1.6, yes, it evolves on a lot of area's. You don't have to abstain from playing AMS2 1.5 ;)

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Djin

Djin Active Member

I know it's bit off topic but when I'm not racing in VR, I use the hood cam (Yea I know, it's not realistic, blabla) and it's super shaky. It seems like the camera movement compensation isn't working for this view. Is there any way to improve this? I tried Raceroom this afternoon, and the hood cam was silky smooth and way more pleasant. Is there an option to reduce the camera vibrations a bit ?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024
  3. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

LMU does not have official VR yet maybe that is why it looks that bad, just have to wait for official instead of modded and we shall see. I am waiting for it to be implemented before i put more time into the game.

4. Jinximuss

Jinximuss New Member

maybe todays the day??? i pray.

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a prediction: When you see fewer posts here made by Paddock Club members, that's when the release might be soon. That's when Paddock Club members go into "drop everything you're doing and help beta testing" mode. Ain't nobody got no time for posting on the forum then. ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I think we could move the discussions away from "I am sure release date will be X day of Y month!" and talk about something else ? Like half of the comments here for a month feel like they only throw random days around . It was funny the first two days and now it is just spam that is taking up screen space when we could talk about literally anything else.

Guys and gals, just leave it to Reiza to make an official release date announcement, only they know when the day is actually happening.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Assetto Corsa Evo will be available 16th January 2025. Will we get 1.6 before that? :D

Wasn‘t there a second stream planned by overtake? Did that happen or not?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  8. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

LMU VR is in "beta" state now, but unfortunately everyting than stable at my side.
    So i'll wait until everything is running fine and try again.
    But no reason for ranting because i do have enough other things on the list....

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024
  9. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

Same for me. No good performance and really ugly currently. Will also wait.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

Asked a german Streamer in live Chat today about 1.6. He said its really a difference and is more fun to drive without the slides. Cant wait for 1.6!!!

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

In the case of v1.6, Reiza has set certain goals as the priority / so timeline To Be Determined. Anything else is pure speculation, imo. I highly doubt even they know, when it will be ready.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

As far as I understood there are some cars which are not revealed yet? Lets speculate for 25 pages!

My bet if thats true: Mazda MX-5!
    My fantasy and wish: new F4 and F3. It will not happen because IMSA stuff I know but lets hope they will come later:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

I'll take suffering over boredom any day. Boredom is true hell.

14. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

MX5 isn't a bad shout

IMSA's series list is quite extensive with a lot of them not being single-make so they could make this content for years if they wanted to (and there was a market) - obviously, I don't think Reiza will have automatic rights to any of the cars, but people keep talking about career mode (which doesn't interest me at all) but you could design a very cool career mode around a lot of these:
    https://www.imsa.com/discover-series/

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mista

Mista New Member

Wien will the windhiels rain effect change? The raindrops does not distore the View like in other Games. And is ist possible to add TAA for an antialising Option in the Mannes Engine or Not?
    Today the an evo Trailer Lauchen and it Looks like gt7 Video Game, Not Photo realistic. How can be Even more realistic in Lightning of the Cars as acc?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Agree it could be cool, but you are getting ahead of yourself. IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Championship is licensed, not everything IMSA does, or has ever done in the past.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

October 1st in Adelaide, still no update, did I get it wrong? Was it scheduled for 2025?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Torp_Torpedo

Torp_Torpedo Member

read the dev log

19. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Could I suggest that everyone still obsessed with date speculation, months old "end of summer" target dates that have actually only been overshot by two weeks (so far), and insider knowledge read what an actual live Reiza employee - with actual insider knowledge - said in this very thread a little over twelve hours ago? I've employed some artistic licence and added my own emphasis....

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. J.Blum

J.Blum New Member

fortunately Spinoza's vision exists☺️

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.