1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Istead

John Istead New Member

There is already an MX5 mod available, launched last week, I think by Four on the Floor? Have a look at Owen Evan’s video on YouTube to get more details. Currently a road version but with a race version to follow

2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We do need a yawn smiley reading all those date comments.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Quite frankly, I'm happy to hear that - I'm not one for various one-make series so Weathertech is the main one that interests me. I do like Michelin/Continental Challenge (GT4+TCR) too but haven't had time to watch it for a few years.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Under the IMSA umbrella, the VP series is a nice, poor man's multi-class (and superb entry level selection!) with LMP3 and GT4 racing on the same tarmac.

And MX5 is also pretty good and we have a lot of tracks for those kind of cars.
    The more the merrier :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Maybe mercedez and the ferrari 296 but ferrari cost a lot of money for license.

6. Bađi

Bađi Member

It feels empty without the prancing horse. Let's hope they surprise us with the 296 GT3 and/or the 499P :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Like at least, the 296 because they are important in imsa

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

I am stupid there is already mercedez. So new guess ferrari and aston martin

9. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Maybe they will let the whole community help test for a few days and give us the DLC to try for a few days in the release candidate build.

Wouldn't be the first time. ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

499P is exclusive to Le Mans Ultimate if I remember right, just another thing Motorsport Games took from us :rolleyes:

Would be great to have the 296 though. And maybe the 488 for the GT3 Gen 1 class. (I usually wouldn’t be so whimsical but I am admittedly antsy)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Source?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. OldButVerySlow

OldButVerySlow New Member

To go in a different direction of speculation - will there be changes to the dedicated server?

The current one gives me nightmares. Our community is in the process of picking a new sim to run our seasons in after 5 years of ACC, and that tool alone is the main negative point of AMS2. Raceroom's dedi is a lot easier and better to configure.
    AMS2 is also missing a few features like success ballast for drivers. For most players this isn't a priority, but it really is a hindrance for a lot of communitys (which would lead to more players etc.).

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

I dont miss the MX5, the Ginetta G40 fills the MX5 gap nicely.
    The thing with those cars is that they are very light so you have to drive very differently to GT4s on big GP circuits, gently tapping breaks on many turns, just trying to keep momentum. It is kinda boring IMO. On small twisty tracks they are fun though. (and AMS2 has quite a few of them)

I much preffer heavier cars with a bit more power that are closer to the GT cars feel, , theres nothing like that in AMS2 unless you get mods.

The Toyota GR Cup is the one that comes to mind. With over 1200kg it feels and drive much more like a GT car, but with less power. I think around 230bhp. I think it is a really good car if you want the GT experience but you want a gentle start, or if you dont feel like driving fast. It is in iRacing and I miss it.

The BMW M2 Cup is similar but with quite a lot more power and it feels even better on big circuits. It is in ACC as many of you know. And I think it would be a lot more popular in AMS2 than in ACC where 99% of people only care about GT3s.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. ZrYzR

ZrYzR New Member

I'd love the MX-5. One of my favorite cars in sim and in real life.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

While i see what you are trying to say i can only disagree. I don't want something to "fill the gap", i want THE car to fill the gap, and i do not like the Ginetta G40. Same with oval racing, the current Stock Cars having oval variants is nice but it is not the actual thing and never will be. Would be a real shame to have the IMSA license and not have the MX5.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

If you want THE cars you are on the wrong game. This game is not about glamour, they just cant afford it. Gran Turismo or Assetto Corsa are much better to drive THE cars.
    Luckily there are mods.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, I did actually try using the G40 instead and it simply is not the same, nothing like it in fact and it is not even an open top car. Some of the best racing I've seen in the last couple of years is the Whelen Mazda MX5 Cup run by IMSA and is a great spectacle to what racing is all about. You can go and see for yourself here.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Fabx

Fabx New Member

HI everyone, new here. First of all the game is amazing and has lots of content. Excited for the 1.6 update. I was wondering, since the game has BMW license, why there is no M3 GTR ALMS?

Does the license not cover the car model or the American Le Mans Series?

19. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

Discussing license here is very difficult as we don't know/have all the informations compare to what Renato & Co. Knows. It's a hard matter when it comes to license. As far i understood is not enough have the go ahead from the brand, but i think you need to conlude more agreement with third party involved with that specific car model. But as i said, i don't know exactly how it works.
    That's why.........we have the mods!!! :D:D:D

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

A license to a brand doesn’t mean they can use every car from that brand. Each car needs to be licensed separately and doesn’t automatically come with them signing a brand. Them licensing BMW doesn’t guarantee that every BMW race car will come

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.