1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fabx

Fabx New Member

Personally i don't mind if the devs take their time to properly test the new stuff. There is no need to rush, otherwise they will have to spend the time in fixing the broken stuff later, which will delay future updates as well, not to mention the critical reception that it can have a bugged update. Minor bugs are more acceptable and don't require a huge effort, but if a main feature comes out broken it can be a mess to handle. Just let the devs cook, they know what they're doing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. miguel33

miguel33 New Member

Maybe it is totally unrelated, but might the 4th screen problem without nvidea surround be fixed now with the upcoming ui update?

3. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

It was spotted a while back in a teaser image on Reiza twitter about the shader updates.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"Get popular" ...got it!

In the meantime, I've been mucking about with overlays to use while streaming, it's LMU in use here, but works perfectly with AMS 2 (1.6 included) to help spice up the multiplayer streams for people watching. :D

IMG_20241001_185002.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Alex291190

Alex291190 New Member

Is that Cota?

6. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but as I said above that isn't AMS 2 but Le Mans Ultimate as I didn't want anyone going even more mad for 1.6 thinking that was coming too...which it ain't. :D

It's just and additional thing to bring to streaming or a 2nd monitor, all switchable via my stream deck...well,i have to keep busy somehow waiting for 1.6 to officially drop!

7. Rodus

Rodus New Member

Yep but as he mentioned its LMU not AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

But why making a dev update saying its almost done. If it take month to finish be quiet until full release like the dlc of le man ultimate. Now everyone anticipate a release immediately since the 19 september. He said he will share more info in the few days. Not happen at all (except the stream) they said more preview will be show in the few days. There is not.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

"except the [three hour long] stream"

• Like Like x 3
  10. Harmoniser

Harmoniser New Member

So I just booted up LMU, to see if the update has improved VR. MSAA now works so the game doesn’t look pixelated. This now means you can see what the game looks like with full settings.

We all appreciate AMS2’s best in class VR. But playing LMU made me appreciate it even more. LMU looks like a 20 year old game in VR. I’m not sure it will improve as I think it’s a fundamental to its engine.

so going have to wait a bit longer for best endurance package in VR racing

11. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Where we could finally answer the question of how awesome it is to drive Formula 1 cars in pitch black under 1.6 lol.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  12. T.Ives

T.Ives Professional Dilly Dallier

This always annoys me if we are talking about the same thing. You start to put the power down as you release the steering wheel and the car does this weird wobble? Is that it? I get it all the time in GT3s especially the gen 1s

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Emptyjar

Emptyjar Member

I think that is what he is talking about. Like after corners, you accelerate and the back end just breaks loose and continue fishtailing from side to side way longer than it reasonably should. It’s one of the biggest issues I have , as well, and having it fixed would be so nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

It reads like a game changer. It is changing every single turn you take with any car.

How do the small cars feel like? Especially the ones with all weather tires like the Formula Trainer. currently they are so slidy I cant do more than a coupe of laps with them.

15. Bađi

Bađi Member

Stevie Wonder VR (I don't know if the mods approve of the dark humor o_O)

• Funny Funny x 9
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Way better, imo. The last couple times I tested them, I had a hard time quitting (to go test some other cars). Handling wise, closer to AMS1 but with much more variation in grip as relates to varied track conditions.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. T.Ives

I'm glad it's not just me. I've tried so many setup changed but it persists.
    It's a movement that doesn't make sense and I've never seen a real car do it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. T.Ives

This sounds great.
    I recently tried out ams1 for the first time and when I returned to 2 I couldn't help but feeling like the physics were a major downgrade.

19. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep guys, this is indeed what I am talking about. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I will give it a try and let you know. On a global scale I will say this: The first thing you NEED to do is look at your tire temps. If you are in practice mode with a car that doesn't have tire warmers, lap 1 is a real MFer!!! Once tires warm up they have great grip. I am sure some will say TOO much, but what they will find out is that as the stint wears on there is a really good degradation and by the end of a stint you won't be complaining of too much grip.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.