Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Yet another FCY situation where I only knew what happened when I saw it.
    The cars shoudn't be remove immediately, they give a HUGE sense of reality.
    (in my head... "WTF just happened here? Where is the other?" ;))

Many small things = great sim.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

In your dreams. :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

He’s not wise

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would definitely raise the immersion, but don't think it's easy to do. I think as far as I know only in Gran Turismo 7 you see people with umbrellas and raincoats when it's raining. And it's Polyphony we are talking about, almost unlimited budget plus they are pretty perfectionists with serious attention to details themselves.

And not only with the rain, but in endurance races having the spectators "move" so to say, so when the race starts you have more people in the grandstands than in the night.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Ok, it seems like they throw in the towel with LFM coming up & they don‘t want to compete against them?
    Reiza, you should pick this service up! :hurrayreiza:

I only used RCO a few times, I often found the car & track pairings a little bit weird in the past. But that has improved a lot, but I didn‘t have played AMS2 since the annoucement of 1.6 and so I haven‘t raced RCO in the present seasons.
    But when I used it, it worked like a charm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

RCO is still going, despite the news that was given a couple of weeks ago.
    It is in my opinion the best place for AMS 2 online. Regarding the combos, this is AMS 2, we have a huge amount of choices, why not try them?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

When is LFM suppose to come in am2 ?

8. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

9. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I‘m a fan of the Nordschleife and I drive that track mainly and in RCO it was often with slow cars like the P4, a lap will take forever to complete, I never was a fan of that. I also have no interest in classic cars, formula 1 or stock car racing :D

10. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ironically enough it was Jimmy's review of Racin' USA part 1 that convinced me to pick up AMS 2. I had always struggled with (and still do honestly) the physics of most racing sims out there. Especially sims like Rfactor, GTR 2, and AC I always felt that I was facing an uphill battle with them. So I was completely fine with "easier" physics because I hated the way "good" physics drove (yes, including AMS 1), and then you consider how well AMS 2 runs in the vast majority of scenarios and the amount of vintage motorsports content it felt like a no-brainer.

I suspect that the issue I have with those games is FFB doing a poor job of communicating what the car was doing. I never felt "in control" of the cars, just hanging on for dear life until eventually ending up in a wall. Back then I used to say this was all because I was a bad driver and inexperienced, but as I grew I realized there was a lot of nuance to my struggles as I gained more and more skill, especially during AMS 2's 1.4 update and me joining the Paddock Club for 1.5.

Ironically enough if it wasn't for that Jimmer review and some of the critisims he made, there's a decent chance I'd still be banging my head against the wall in AC while continuing to spin my tires in the mud.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The first priority for racers is to learn a track in the absence of real testing time/opportunities. Some have even used unrealistic console games for that purpose! Zillion-dollar F1 teams with their top-level sims use them for learning tracks and testing set-up options. There is no AI or multi-player involved. Once you get below the level of F1 spending, not may teams have professional-level sims and rigs. iRacing is 100% laser-scanned tracks and has plausible car handling, so what's not to like? There is also a "community" of peers to help get the right equipment and figure-out how to set everything up.

I truly believe that if two properly configured rigs were side-by-side, a decent proportion of professional racers would chose AMS 2 for its more dynamic (and IMO realistic) experience over iRacing. I think that Nils YT guy made essentially the same point somewhere in that long stream about ACE that was posted here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Djin

Djin Member

Talking about laser scanned tracks, do we have a list of laser scanned tracks in AMS2 ? What about the revision of the Nordschleife, is it still coming ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Laser scanned tracks

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

that i have to pay to play the content i bought which is too expensive when we got 7 cars for 10 euros in AMS2.
    I get though that people in Iracing are supposed to get good on one car, but with Iracing the new cars are always the slightly better cars, thats not right.

15. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

:eek:
    Any car around the Nordschleife is going to take "forever" compared to the likes of Spielberg! :p

I took part in the 1hr endurance races, took about an hour surprisingly enough. Touring cars, P3, GT4, GT3, all took an hour! Just enjoy lapping that awesome track... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend Member

they aint making better products

17. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend Member

.. Jose Mourinho
    Its in my username..

18. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, having the best technology doesn't necessarily translate to the better overall product, their build quality and reliability is subpar and below many other manufacturers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend Member

i think the #1 key attribute of electric car ownership is the ability to charge quickly on journeys, nothing comes close to the their supercharger network

20. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

But electric cars dont make the vroom

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.