1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

He said they are waiting for their license comfirmation. It will be the best timing but I truly doubt. It seem they just miscalculate their schedule. They are afraid to assume it. This game have the potentiel to become one of the 3 top simgame for a lot in this community. I think they are in the bug fix/beta tester kind of phase. I think it could be a mid november/ end december release. They just need to say it so lot of fan would stop asking this child question ? When 1.6 ? If I knew the date i would be able to take me too my overbreak vacation. If only, they can resolve the slide on corner for gt3 this game will be my main.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

If this is the case, i take the fly and I go drink with you

3. mansell

mansell Active Member

nice! not few people tho, i do the same :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Do you think the aston martin evo gt3 will be in the game ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. OPatrão

OPatrão New Member

Track limits have improved a lot since Project Cars 2. The limits are in the right places. What really bothers me is when in multiplayer there are a total of 3 acceptable limits and the opponent takes advantage of this to go straight at the bus stop in Daytona on the last lap. At Monza, there are people who go straight at the first chicane and Ascari. This should be avoided, and should be punished with a direct drive thru or DC, in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

I remember the huge fuss here in Brazil about the new Stock Cars being "SUVs" etc etc and everyone hated.

Until the cars were finally revealed and they looked astonishing.

Important aspects:
    • A brand-new, from the ground up, chassis - ditching the 15+ year old chassis they had previously.
    • A new Inline-4 Turbo engine, more fuel efficient and running mostly the same lap times as the old V8.
    • New Digital Dashboard by FuelTech, like the ones modern GT3 cars.
    • Rear Wind DRS deployment instead of the Engine-boosted Push-to-Pass.
    Honestly, I'm very excited to see these in AMS2

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

And I suspect these are already in Reiza's backlog of development :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Be solve in summer 2069 in bresil

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Except here?

o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

Nope he really is Nigel

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Majestic

Majestic Member

LFM released a video dedicated to Season 16. It has ACC, AC and iR, but no AMS2, which is sad. Either they will make a separate season for AMS2 when it comes out, or we will not get any racing for the next 13 weeks. But this is not how things are done, these postponements affect not only the players, but also the LFM, with whom there were some agreements that the work would be finished by Season 16. I understand that there may be pitfalls, difficulties, etc., but this means that we need to abandon something in development, or postpone it to further updates (v1.6.1 - 1.6.2 and so on). Players are waiting, many bought the game by July 2024, because they were hoping for 1.6. Every day I have less and less hope that this update will help the game rise to the very heights (as much as I would like). Constant postponements, incorrect forecasts, radio silence - it all plays a cruel joke. They don't add popularity 1.6 should sparkle, shine, should be on every YouTube channel, but it doesn't. Instead, we got one 720p stream with a person who plays iR. If the development lasts until November, and everything is heading that way, then we will reap the benefits of all this. Even if AC Evo comes out raw, it will have much more online and all eyes will be on it. I am already ready to collect dislikes under the post, as usually happens, and read various interesting things about myself. But all this will not help AMS2 become a top simulator and this is sad.

• Dislike x 18
    • Disagree x 12
    • Agree x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why not stop speculating so much, LFM can schedule ams2 races even during a running season, as ams2 will be a "beta" on lfm initially, i never seen any mention of agreements that 1.6 would be released when lfm season 16 starts, only mention was that lfm would support ams2 in beta from the 1.6 release.

It's not just a matter of dropping one thing in order to get the release out sooner, several components are connected in development, if they were to drop 1 thing, other parts might still be broken, and then you and others will complain why they released a broken update.

My point is, they can never win according to some people, release a broken update...people complain
    Release a finished and huge update a bit later (which isn't even the case as reiza never mentions hard deadlines) people complain.

How about dropping the negative thoughts, because things wont change anyways, reiza will do what they feel comfortable with doing, nothing you say will change that, better get some positive ideas and touch grass as Renato mentioned.

Also and most importantly, don't forget to enjoy the update once it's here! :D

• Agree x 16
    • Like x 6
    • Winner x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  13. mansell

mansell Active Member

the red five :D

Last edited: Oct 6, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

Just wait... They can't go faster than flat out.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I also think track limits are more than ok, perhaps on the very good side of things (they even ignore cases where we don't gain time). Peculiar track specific situations must be report as such to let Reiza correct them accordingly.

What I thing is desirable is to have is the option to remove transparent mode (no collisions) in both pits and, specially, on pits exits (pits exit and, why not, on rolling starts and FCY situations). In tracks where pit exits
    My guess is this is not just an on/off switch (i.e., most probably, not so easy to do) but would make AMS2 climb yet another step in the ladder of realism.

16. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I guess LFM can make something outside the season format, to promote and test AMS2 in production stage. That can also keep AMS2 players active.

Did someone bought the game in July 2024 and already regretted it, just because v1.6 is delayed 2 weeks? Perhaps they bought it for the wrong reasons...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

oh Reiza :hurrayreiza:

thank you so much for the ignore button.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  18. Bađi

Bađi Member

There are instances however where to keep up with the AI on Spa I have to cut over the Raidillon. Most of the times I just get the crewchief to tell me that was out of track limits, but rarely get punished for it in terms of a penalty. Another one is Interlagos. Going wide in T12 entry to get a better exit never resulted in a penalty. So all in all track limits could be a little bit stricter IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That one time I tried LMU I realized why transparent mode in AMS2 is great, at least in pitlane. As I drive against AI, in LMU 2 or 3 cars had unsafe release and rammed into me when I was driving out of pit in start of practice session.

AI calibration could also help against that, though.

20. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

I would rather call it: making stuff up to prove his own point..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.