1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.8.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

3 (2).jpg

Automobilista 2 v0.8.4.0 has been deployed now - here are some important info about the changes in this release:

BRAKES for all cars, including optimum temp ranges, wear, fade & failure properties have all been thoroughly revised according to the brake materials and specs of each car. These will address the brake failure issues from v0.8.3.2 and should hopefully provide more realistic wear and more "feel" on some cars.

CUSTOM DATE option has been temporarily removed from session options, now sessions will always run on default date for that track - with that we have also addressed the bug that would cause a new track selection to retain the default date of the previous track, which could be particularly problematic when for example the user switched from a Brazilian track with a December Summer default date to an European track, leading the latter to load with winter weather and temperatures with fairly big impact on physics that the user wouldn´t have an obvious visual cue for. Next step will be to add a custom season option along with seasonal foliage (which besided the added visual variety will provide the visual cue for different temperatures). Option to customize date may be added at a later stage once we have more systems feeding correctly from such a specific setting.

FORCE FEEDBACK: we have included an additional "NEW DEFAULT" profile featuring several Force Feedback developments, as an option to the "OLD DEFAULT" profile in the FFB UI - those with existing game settings will remain with "OLD" until they opt to switch to "NEW" . As the Gain, Low Force Boost and FX sliders work quite differently in the "NEW" profile, we want to give people the chance to opt into the new once they have understood how the Sliders may need to be adjusted.

Main differences with "NEW DEFAULT" relate to the Low force Boost slider. and how it interacts with the Gain slider.

In AMS2 "OLD DEFAULT" profile, Gain slider was a confusing device as overall output FFB path was setup badly, with Low Force Boost applied after Gain slider - this was problematic as essentially then you have as many combinations of what happens with signal as there are settings on Gain slider, leading to big inconsistencies (this explains some of the difficulties users had finding a good all-around FFB setting that worked well with all cars, specially on more powerful wheels).

With the "NEW DEFAULT" profile, Low Force Boost is applied before Gain slider, leading to more consistent behavior - it is now factored in the same order as AMS1.

Sample of differences in LFB curve with OLD vs NEW profile:
    picturemessage_m4nfkpg1.o1l (2).png picturemessage_n1fmquwg.fir (2).png

In the next build we will be adding further functions, including an updated tyre scrub formula & a minimum force configuration. Future builds will see a custom FFB multiplier per car so that users can fine tune each car to their preference. Once these and some other minor adjustments are completed, we believe AMS2 FFB will be ready for v1.0 release and by then "old" default profile will have been completely phased out.

9 (2).jpg

V0.8.4.0 CHANGELOG:

CONTENT
    • Added Interlagos Kart track (3 layouts)

GENERAL
    • Disabled custom event date setting
    • Fixed bug that would cause a new track selection to retain the default date of the previous track
    • Fixed multiplayer client rebroadcasting (could cause clients to be dropped from server)

UI & HUD
    • Added pedal input & engine power/torque data to telemetry screen
    • Fixed reported issues with VR / Triple HUD customization (needs validation, will reset any previous edit in those types of display)
    • Reenabled HUD selection for Options screen in-session

FORCE FEEDBACK

Added "New Default" FFB profile, with the following changes vs "old Default:
    • "Remapped" Gain slider
    • Improved Low Force Boost formula
    • A more detailed calculation of steering linkage ratios and how they influence force transferred over to the rack;
    • Overall small change in FFB output;
    • More accurate self-aligning torque and factors in residual Mz, camber inclination Mz; steer gyro Mz;

PHYSICS & AI

• Updated brake disc thickness, optimum temps, wear, failure, fade properties with variations depending on brake material, fixing brake failure issues from previous build & improving brake feel on some cars
    • Minor adjustments to F-Classic tyre tread (all gens)
    • Adjusted AI tyre rolling resistance in F-V12, F-3, Roco
    • Minor AI performance update for Brands Hatch, Campo Grande, Donington, Guapore, Montreal, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Velocittá

VEHICLES
    • Puma P052: Updated missing LOD levels, cockpit display, rim blur, windscreen
    • Copa Truck: Added new parameter for Trucks to spawn in their pit slot rather then inside the garage, fixing bug in tracks where they wouldn´t fit the garage
    • Adjusted MRX & Roco collision mesh
    • Opala OldStock: Fixed bodywork mapping distortion
    • Gol Copa Classic: Added missing LOD levels
    • F-V12 : Updated #22 #23 community skin
    • Copa Uno: Completed livery updates for all cars in the series
    2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 25
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i like how you fixed rim blur on puma and added photo without it :p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni, those charts are nice, but unless we can also see LFB at 20% (or is it simply that 0% overlaps linear?), it is difficult to interpret what is supposed to be happening versus what we feel when adjust our wheels.

Also, is FX now solely a boost to certain vibrations, etc., or does it still affect SAT or other steering rack forces as it did in the past? A bit more explanation would be helpful if suggested "starting point" settings are not to be provided for common wheels.

Thanks! It does seem like we are getting close to nirvana with the FFB :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you very much Sir.
    Any chance that we get soon the option VR world decrease / increase?

5. baker048

baker048 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Keep up the great work thank you

6. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

@Renato Simioni, I think the FFB charts are on the beta forum side only and so no access to other people, could you repost the charts for the basic forum please?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Marc Collins

This is the general forum! :)

8. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, this is the general forum, but shouldn't we see all that's in the post that is posted on the general forum?

9. Marc Collins

They show-up in the first post here fine for me along with the other pics...?

10. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, Marc. I edited my post after you replied. No, the FFB images do not show for me. It just shows IMG.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

Not for me either.

12. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Yes, because you are a backer and so have access to the beta forum where the links to the images point.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

For those that can't see the charts in the first post:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

will a new or updated FFB guide, sticked, be added to the forum

• Like Like x 2
  15. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really liking the new FFB profile so far, the huge disparity in wheel weight between classes is much reduced. More road detail coming through too. I run 80/50/50/10. Well done devs, every EA update is bringing massive and fundamental changes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Just for info, Logitech G29. On the 'Old' profile I was running:
    Gain: 80.
    LFB: 75.
    FX: 25.

Caterham Superlight at Goiania. Felt great.

Switched to the new profile and left the settings as above. Instantly felt 'Lighter', but definitely felt more 'Understeer' sensation. (Wheel going lighter).
    I actually bumped the gain up to 100 and feels brill to me. Could potentially want a little more 'gain' to play with, as I've not encountered any clipping. But this is just one car after all so I'll need to try others.

I still think there's something wrong with the Caterham 620R though, it just won't warm the front tyres up for me and understeers like mad (Arse end can of course be popped out with throttle to get it around) but definitely not enough front end grip IMO.

A cracking update none the less!

• Like Like x 1
  17. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

great work Reiza!!! do we have to delete again Automobilista 2 folder in my documents for this update?

:hurrayreiza:Awesome Reiza We Love You:hurrayreiza:

18. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

As a fellow G29 user I will give your settings a go! (I think I settled on very similar numbers, but with lower FX).

But just a quick question, in the logitech gaming software under Axis Properties, do you have "Enable Centering Spring in force feedback games" ticked, or not?

19. kimbo

kimbo Member AMS2 Club Member

Not ticked

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I loved the Power and Torque displayed on HUD... I finally found the upshift RPM on ARC Camaro lol.

The brake is feeling better, but I didn't feel too much difference on FFB just because I'm using a Logitech DFGT.

By the way... I hope you solve the issue with Logitech drivers that is causing different problems for a lot of players. In my case, the steering radius don't mach (there is a topic about it, but not sure if Reiza is looking into it).

The other thing: Can you give us the option to see tire pressure in PSI?

Abração!