1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.8.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 24, 2020.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have just worked out why mandatory pitstop wasn't working, you gave to set the race type to laps and not time, I hope this is a bug or something that isn't implemented yet but will be.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

When i tried rolling start the Ai control the car until the hooter goes and the lights turn green , the cars are all following each other , the green light goes , my car is now able to be controlled by me but has stalled and comes to a stop . I have to turn on ignition and restart the car .

3. B Stu

B Stu Member

Oh man tries those V10s around Speilberg 1974!

4. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

I've been playing around with the new default for hours. At first I was a little shocked at the difference in strength so i bumped up the gain from my usual 68 to 80, but switching between the old default and the new i was clearly faster with the new. The overall feel of the new default has more clarity especially on corners and is less clumsy than the old default using the same settings ( bar the increase in gain)

The new brake feel and the loss of FFB when you lock up was causing my wheel to feel almost dead and hard to get control back, so i spent ages with LFB and FX adjustments. Several cars and 2 tracks.

As time past i noticed that LFB or FX either at zero or at my old setting 50/55 that dead wheel feeling when a wheel locks up never really went away. After staying on brands hatch with various cars i noticed that some bumps were causing the wheel to aggressively turn in the opposite direction so for example a wheel at 2 o'clock would suddenly try to snap and be at 11 o'clock making me have to emergency counter steer. I tried to see if it was either LFB or FX. Neither really changed the big bounciness/car skipping or opposite lock feeling until i lowered the gain back to my usual setting of 68 and that massive FFB loss under braking was much more manageable.

For my wheel at least with heavy cars a gain of 67/68 seems to be the max before the wheel misbehaves. Anything higher and the over the top suspension/car bounce opposite wheel turn behavior and brake lock up effect are magnified quite a bit (especially in the 75+ range) so i settled for the same LFB and FX as i used on the old default lfb-50, fx-55 and 65 gain ,or 67-68 gain if a particular car felt a bit too light.

I feel the new default makes the tricky cars like the Stock Car much more enjoyable and manageable, and the Super V8 is so much better on the new , in my opinion

My TM control panel is default

5. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Unfortunately I'd already deleted the config file, and had been enjoying the caterham elsewhere (Test sessions) without 'much' of an issue. RWB describes the same thing I had below regards the strange spikes, last quote. As for the driving on ice/drift track, no idea what was going on there. I honestly couldn't touch the throttle without spinning the wheels. :-/

My spec:
    I7-6700K. MSI GTX 1080. 16GB. MSI Z170A. NVME+SSD. G29.

My settings:
    Gain: 100
    LFB: 50
    FX: 50

See above Stu [Thumbs up]. I only tried the caterham superlight online, I went to a single race in the shifter kart after that, and that's where the strange spikes happened again, although it wasn't like being on a drift track there...

Yep, that's the strange feeling I had at Lodrina kart1 (Turn one) and the new interlargos tracks (Lots of places) with the shifter karts. It felt like the FFB reversed on parts of the track.

6. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 edition user here - I’m loving the new FFB! There’s still work to be done, but there is a clear improvement on the previous FFB!
    I’m using
    Gain 65
    LFB 20
    FX 25
    I did try FX at 0, but it’s not doing it for me personally. Kerbs feel better at 0, but Road feel and tyre scrub feels better at 25.

7. F1Aussie

Righto, it did not stall for me, I had control well before the start line and was able to gun it as soon as the light went green

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I am going to go back to karts and Interlagos because I felt a mild version of this for sure after switching to the New Default profile. I *think* it disappeared somewhere along the adjustment trail (therefore hope for you @TekNeil), but want to be 100% sure. If I feel it again, I will edit this post (and be disappointed).

EDIT: I believe it is the track. Did an issue report in the Beta Tracks official thread.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Karts:
    • I am getting pit board indicating instant damage when leaving pit lane most of the time with most karts at most kart tracks
      • But not 100% of the time, just to make it more annoying to fix!
      • Not sure there is any actual damage
    • I do not think this was happening prior to current build
    • Kart AI have been sped-up considerably, which is a good thing!

10. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Its not really a bug. You can't select a mandatory pitstop for a race shorter than 3 laps. In timed races the game doesn't know the equivalent time period for 3 laps. Of course, Reiza may come up with another solution.

11. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

Did this new build cause spotter and pit radio problems for anyone else? I am not getting anything on my install. And I can't seem to get crew chief to work with it either.

12. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am having no probs with Crew Chief thankfully as I would have no idea how to fix it!

13. F1Aussie

I dont do short races like that, usually half an hour or 15 lap races.
    They should be able to have a solution, ACC allows mandatory pitstops in timed races so it is possible, hopefully not a limitation of the engine.

14. Peity

Peity New Member

Crew Chief never worked for me even setting him up to always instead of authenitc

15. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess I was lucky, I expected to have problems but I just plugged in my new headset (which I did have probs with because I have no clue lol) and set it to always on and it's been good ever since.

16. Kentaro Taniuchi

Kentaro Taniuchi Member AMS2 Club Member

I uploaded a video review on V0.8.4.0. Hope this helps you guys to get an idea of the update this time. Make sure to subscribe if you like the video. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Nice update and really pleased with the improvements on FFB.

My only issue so far is that the camera view defaults to bumper since the update. I have searched the forums but have not noticed any other posts.

Is this a known bug or perhaps just a setting that I need to reset?

Appreciate any feedback.

18. Marc Collins

I think if the cam is not "remembering" the last-used setting (as it does and always has for me), you might have a glitch and it could be worth deleting and resetting your profile (the folder in Documents).

19. Gabriel OF

Gabriel OF New Member

When testing the brakes with a Stock Car it felt good at the beginning but after two laps it was pointed out that my brakes were damaged, maybe I was braking too hard in Interlagos turn 1.
    Anyway, would like to know some tips about brakes configuration: I use the game on Authentic mode, but noticed that Stock Car as 50% ABS by default although Stock Cars do not have ABS AFAIK. Is it right to turn ABS down to zero in order to get the more Authentic brake feeling?

20. Marc Collins

There are still issues with some cars and brake failures or overheating happening too easily. A lot related to braking was fixed in the last update, but some loose ends still.

ABS and TC levels showing up in the set-up screens are not actually "on" if you have selected "Authentic" in the options menu. Soon, we hope, they will be greyed-out or disappear (except where the car in real life has them as options) so it causes less confusion.

• Like Like x 1