1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.2.1 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 15, 2020.

1. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are these extra indicators part of the new build?
    Brake icon.JPG

2. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, they're disabled by default though

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I'm not getting any engine sound in the cockpit for the modern f1 car.

4. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I love the Sprintrace car, but is there something up with the clutch for the Sprintrace? it's nearly impossible (to not stall it) unless you perfectly time dumping the clutch with raise to lots of revs... it's very odd. it's only car like this, works fine with auto clutch if enabled.

Also loading screen for Acadamy Caterham says Sequential, but it's h-pattern.

Otherwise the update feels very good for me from what I tested (P4, Fusca, Truck, Sprintrace)

5. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

The edge-of-grip similarity to Project Cars 2 is still there. Perhaps the cars don't have as much of an over-eagerness to get sideways, but all slides that aren't at low speed are still always saveable.

I tried racing in the wet for the first time. There's substantially more grip on the "storm" setting than ACC has on the "medium rain" setting. I've seen how scores of different classes of cars react to wet conditions across scores of professional races. The rain in AMS 2 is wholly divorced from reality.

The F3 and the AJR are the only cars I've tried that are close to AMS 1. Everything else feels like PC2. :(

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jack57

Jack57 New Member

No one seems to comment much on the Karts? Maybe not so popular I guess and there's some stiff competition out there in the marketplace. They look better but otherwise not up to AMS1 standard yet. FFB lacks texture, almost like driving on glass. Maybe the tracks aren't laser scanned? Weight transfer feels good though. The AI are quite inconsistent, very fast through high speed parts of the circuit but painfully slow in the tight corners. I appreciate that it's early release beta but I just hope the karts don't get forgotten :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Andy Ainsworth

Andy Ainsworth New Member AMS2 Club Member

Ooh now it’s feeling good.
    The ffb is a huge improvement. I would add that I don’t feel the kerbs as much as I’d like no matter how I mess with the sliders.
    There’s a bit of a snag with the replay. It’s great that it’s there and it works very well, only when you watch a replay, it seems to duplicate itself. watched a replay of a v10 then had an extra 3 copies of it in the library.

A fantastic update, had me grinning from ear to ear. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Scoops

Scoops Member

Agree with this the kerbs seem to still be an issue for me. They have limited if any feedback through my setup but I can hear them in game. Seems odd being able to hear yet not feel the kerbs?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Cliff

Cliff Member

Turn up the world exposure setting.

10. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think everyone reporting a darker image, like myself, is not playing on HDR. It would be good to hear from ppl who have HDR monitors to see if the same happens to them.

11. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I remember from my (cough) console days there were hdr on/off options for those without.

12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This issue is not about using overly video-gamey vivid saturated colors. It's just about cockpit view now being too dark which is unrealistic and dull, especially given that the Madness Engine can produce really beautiful graphics. The dullness being obvious when you switch to any external view. For example in Summer at noon with no clouds it should not be dark at all in a cockpit as if the Sun was neutered or something. I'd also really wished we had the option to use cockpit view with the lighting and sound of external cameras, but that's another topic.
    After noticing this cockpit lighting change I checked in rF2 cockpit view on Sebring and this looked a tad better.

13. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The result is the opposite: it's darker in all times of day
    How it look on one's monitor might be different to someone else. Especially if for example you are using a wide-gamut monitor and someone else use a regular monitor in sRGB mode (wide-gamut will have colors more saturated).
    I must say this change (darker and duller cockpit view) was the first thing I immediately noticed and really irked me. I even resetted my monitor to default settings to check if I was not hallucinating, then checked in rF2 which looked OK. At that point I wanted to compare screenshots between 0.9.2.1 beta and 0.9.1 but 0.9.1 had already been updated.

14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed that it was darker but the sky looked odd to me. Now I know why. Looking forward to the fix. Rift S here.

15. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Create a custom resolution for your monitor which matches the resolution of your headset. Start AMS 2 in VR mode, go to the options, and set this new resolution. Now head to the track and open the HUD editor. Now you can reach all the widgets and place them properly. Once you're done, exit and revert you resolution to normal. The HUD layout will remain as you set it. Enjoy. :)

It's a shame they still haven't fixed this issue despite the numerous reports. I'm sure it's not a difficult fix on their end.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Cliff

Cliff Member

Cutting the last chicane at Donnington short, the car hit an invisible barrier and nearly flipped. Anyone else get this? Also, the F3 seems feels odd and the FFB is spiky and nondescript.

17. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah brilliant, thanks mate!
    Lately I've been trying to drive with no HUD at all as the immersion in VR without a HUD is incredible. I'm sure they will get around to fixing the VR HUD issue soon enough, but in the meantime your fix should do the job, cheers :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    Wich setting is it?
    Telemetry?

19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's one of the HUDs you turn on, like the Gear, Positions, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Reiza: Scrubbing effect seems to be gone in the new release.

• Agree Agree x 3