1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.5.1 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 30, 2020.

1. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

@Renato Simioni The Superkarts still can't be raced with A.I. The instant damage issue is still present as soon as the race starts. Front left brake damage with a large minus temperature figure.
    Applies to any track from what I can tell.
    Edit: Also the clutch does not work at all, although it should technically (Hand operate IRL of course).

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

But does it keep happening again? I am getting this issue in conjunction with cars stuck in the pit garage. Have to fiddle with all three pedals now to get the car to be "released." It used to only be the brake and clutch that required some fiddling.

I will do a complete restart of everything, but hope it is just a temporary glitch related to the live updating process. I had already deleted my FFB txt file, though.

EDIT: Restart of everything has no effect. The only way I can consistently clear the problem is to fully depress the gas pedal. I don't normally do that when the engine is running and you are stopped in neutral! If I clear it that way, I don't get the steering pull issue. If I do not, the car has locked brakes and then also the steering pull.

I had clutch-related issues in the beta. Same story, you had to pump it to get it to not be shown as fully depressed in the Telemetry bar. Brake pedal is and has always shown up as fully depressed when you arrive in garage--that gets cleared the vast majority of the time as soon as you engage a gear.

These issues are not FFB, but pedal calibration-related. Not sure why, but there have been many pedals-related issues in Madness and now in AMS 2.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  3. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes it happens pretty often. I think it might be some related but different issues. I've had steering not centered correctly at the start of a TT, FFB pulling to one side that is fixed by letting my wheel hit full lock and FFB pulling to one side that is only cured by full game restart. Happens something like once every 10-20 session starts on average I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marc Collins

Was happening to a bunch of us online at Kyalami Historic with F-Vinatge. Car would pull fully to the left as soon as user control was granted at the end of the pit lane. Full left directly into cars travelling at top speed down the front straight hill! I also see reports in the Bug Report thread, so assume Reiza will be on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marc Collins

While monitoring other players during an online session, selecting the third car in the list has not been possible since the launch of multiplayer. Now, the third car can be selected, but the sixth cannot. Recommend to keep pushing this issue down the leader board to about 50th...then no need to fix it ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

I have been hosting a race with the F-Vintage cars. Marc Collins was there. We both (and a friend had it too) had a FFB steering issue going out of the pits, the FFB force turned the wheel to the left and you had to stop, then move the steering wheel full in both directions to solve it.

I'm fighting with a throttle problem too, it looks like the throttle work by himself on braking sometimes, you can see the green bar at 10% and the car suffers understeer. I thought I had solved it adding 20% of deadzone on the throttle axle, but it keep happening. It's a G29 almost new, it have just three months.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Another thing I have notices. When in tripple screen setup I cant change the distance to the screen

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scoops

Scoops Member

That’s always been the case for me so I had to edit the triple screens file to sort it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry ... you're right, I forgot to write ... I corrected the post :whistle: :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Is the LiveTrack visible rubber build-up active in this update, or is coming later?

11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Appreciate the updates to the AI in each patch, but they're still unaware buffoons. I still can't go side by side with the AI into any braking zone, because they will repeatedly try to turn into me, ramming me in the process. It's not just once and they wake up either... they'll try literally 2-3 times in quick succession, even when you are fully alongside of even slightly ahead!

Also, I was using the Sprintrace at Imola just now. After the final bend on the straights, I would slowly catch the car in front due to drafting. But then, towards the end of the straight when I was on the limiter, the AI car would slowly start pulling away from me. No drafting for them since it happened with every AI I came upon, including the race leader. Does the AI adjust their gear ratios or do they get more straight line speed than the player? o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Will we see damage from overrevving before 1.0? I hope so as it is possible to gain a lot of time aggressively downshifting in some cars. I tested some modern-ish F1 car with an H pattern recently (might be called classic model 3?) and block gear changes felt like a cheat.
    Also how come we can't shift sequential gearboxes to reverse from first and vice versa when the car is moving?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I experienced FFB-problems since some days. When i go back to the pits and on track again, the FFB goes full lock left or right and the car with it, but only happens with automatic pitting, which is unfortunately often active online.

14. Lexx VR

Lexx VR Member

Yes, same here, but it seems to only go full right, as soon as "control" is given to the driver. Seemed to only happen after going to pits and coming out again. Then persists until a reset of the session (such as exiting and re-entering or advancing to quali or race) fixes it.

Then I JUST had it happen to me in the middle of a race in the SuperV8 at Curitiba, which is very concerning. Wheel just suddenly went full right strongly against the lock stop, so I know AMS2 was still commanding the wheel (otherwise DD1 would spin forever).

15. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

As it turns out, resolution was the way to go. Probably obvious to most, but I hadn't had that issue before. Took a bit of fiddling, but I managed to make it work.

This one was harder to fix, because I didn't know what was causing it. As it turned out, it wasn't a good idea to start the game and jump in without going to the "Controls" menu first, and then change some values mid-racing.

Long story short, the game thought my Dualshock to be an XBox controller, because I had registered some input buttons under the label of an XBox Controller, and applied the XBox controller's standard deadzone (7) instead of the one I had set for "custom controller". However, my pad was displayed as a "custom controller" throughout every menu; that's why I didn't notice this.
    Changing the Xbox deadzone didn't work, the game didn't save that, so I had to delete my documents folder again and set it up immediately.

So, these two weren't actually bugs, just wrongly installed and fix-able. I'm quite happy with how the game drives now, except for the still missing steering sensitivity slider.

On another note, concerning the "tyre heating adjustments": I think the StockV8 is one of the cars that needs the most adjustment. One slide, and the tire's basically cooked.

16. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the same problem with sudden turn... with a DD2 with lots of FFB. I hurt my shoulder and wrists really bad... :(

17. josemirr93

josemirr93 New Member

Is the mess with the ffb configuration something temporal or is going to be the normal thing? I've never seen in my life a sim where I have to modify a .txt without any idea in order to have a good ffb. New Default on V0.8.7.1 was great. I felt a lot of nice things on my T150, but Default is very bad now. I've tried some of the files who others are kindly sharing, but this is annoying. Most of us don't understand anything of this things. It's very complex. So, my question is: ffb is going to have any easier configuration in game? I bought yesterday the Season Pass and when I launched the game again, I basically saw how all the great feels I had aren't there anymore. It was very dissapointing and I'm worried.

18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Its soo hot here. I can't race properly. :p Need to make a scheme: Morning = Racing. Afternoon = Other games, household. Evening = racing.

19. Marc Collins

The problem comes from Madness Engine--the games from SMS that used it had much worse FFB fiddling and txt file issues. The Custom option is a few people investigating and tweaking the last 5% of the forces. No one should be using Custom files until they already have satisfactory FFB. If you try to skip configuring the Default FFB sliders and jump right to txt files, you are experiencing a self-inflicted wound/needless dive into a rabbit hole.

Put your hardware in your signature and I have no doubt some helpful people on here will guide you to the settings that work for your wheel, if you can't take the 5 minutes or so required to adjust it yourself (put all to 0, then adjust Gain until basic weight is correct; then adjust LFB upwards until you can best feel the car rotate in corners; then add FX until the road surface and tire scrubbing effects are best for you).

Almost no one will require a txt file for FFB--look at online YouTube reviews and the universal gushing over how great the FFB is. After you have driven for many hours in many different cars you MIGHT be experienced enough to be able to tell the difference in what the Custom file brings versus Default. Short-cutting this will only trap you in a rabbit hole of endless adjustments that feel good in one car and worse in another. The devs have already picked the right settings that work for the portfolio of cars for the majority of users.

Yes, there are a few cars that will benefit from some car-specific tweaking by Reiza. Yes, there are some strange hardware combinations out there that might not be perfect out of the box. It's still EA, but AMS 2 already has better FFB than any other consumer sim out there--but once it is configured properly. The Custom tweaks push it even farther past the competition, but are no substitute for the basics. The guys doing the work on them will agree.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Pete Baldwin

Pete Baldwin Member

I had this in the last update but it was happening even sat in the garage in a multiplayer race with one of the P4 cars. Even resetting the session didn't help. This time, I've only had it once and as you say, it was coming out of the pits as soon as I gained control.

Luckily I've only got a G29 (never said that before!) so my shoulder is still in good shape.