1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 v1.0.2.0 Released - Now updated to v1.0.2.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

If there will be an update before the weekend, please make the brake ducts bigger or more efficient on all Vintage cars as a workaround to manage tire pressure until tires get revised.

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

curious.. why are there no braking markers/boards for current Silverstone layout..?

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Might be a stupid question, but...

Is this update live yet? I have seen people discussing it (at least it seemed like that) but my game somehow is still on 1.0.1.2 o_O

4. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

You might have to initiate the download in Steam manually

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Thanks!

After even Silverstone not showing up (after buying it ofc) i had steam check the file integrity and the update was finally installed :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Damn.. Steam this days is a bit.h :mad: Yesterday it kept killing my server

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did a few races with the new Lotus 49C at the old Silverstone. What a great combo, really enjoying it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I agree. Did a full weekend at Silverstone GP wwith the F-Ultimate, and you are out of ERS entering Beckets, in every single lap of the race. Also, the energy indicator bar never goes empty, it simply grey out the icon when you are out of energy but the bar never reaches zero.

Speaking other things I noticed on that race, AI 100/50, I'm 1.5 secs faster in P and Q, but I struggle to keep up with the AI in the first laps of the race, slowly catching and passing them thereafter when fuel load decreases.

It seems like the AI is not affected by fuel load at all, posting the same lap times from race start to finish, or may be they do practice and qualy with race fuel load so I'm faster because I'm lighter at these sessions, but full at race start. Any clarification on that?

Also noticed AI behaviour has not improved too much about being slow on braking, and "turboed" on acceleration, specially on Luffield, Chappel and Club corners, and accelerating out of them.

Anyway, Silverstone track variants are awesome, thanks Reiza for that and all the patching and improving you are doing with AMS2 :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Please delete, double post

10. psone

psone Guest

@Fernando noticed the very same behaviour @ Brands GP last night. AI was over a second slower in quali, which I had 15L of fuel for. Race load was 50L for 15 Laps my times increased by about 1.5 seconds at the start whereas AI times remained roughly the same. I'm guessing they run quali with a full load.

Also experienced the issue of them accelerating insanely fast out of certain corners, but slowing much more than is necessary through others. Looking forward to more updates, definitely seeing improvements though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible we will see Silverstone 74 at some point? I took the comment about additional layouts to mean Int and Nat which is great as I like both of those but have never been a fan of modern GP (too long doesn't suit cars I like.) Woodcote without the chicane is such a great corner and it sounds like it is fully there in the 75 layout so with just a few hay bales we could have both!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Historic is lovely, but personally I rather have more nationals, mini and such. There's lot of slow cars which aren't fun on GP-tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I think Renato already mentioned somewhere that additional layouts will be coming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The new F1-V10 G1 at Silverstone 2001 would have to be one of the best sim experiences I have ever felt. The handling and the physics on this thing is A+++ and the track is very nicely modeled..

These days It's not often I chew the sh!t out of my tongue when I turn laps however when I do I know I have gone to that special place filled with adrenaline, focus and happiness..

what a workout..

Reiza keep doing what your doing because it's bloody working.. :cool:

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 6
  15. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I raced the Ginettas GT4 cup cars at Imola the other night to test the AI changes and man, it was a special experience! The race itself was a nail-biter with me finishing P4 going 3-wide with P3 and P2 over the finish line, just short of overtaking them. Superb times!

Now, the AI is still a bit quirky with cars tending to do quick zig-zags in an unnatural way, especially on the straights. But the progress I've seen was heart-warming. I race at 100/100 AI because the 100 aggressiveness is needed for them to overtake each other and make occasional mistakes, going out of track in some occasions (which I love to see, especially with those hard GT battles, out-of-track situations are not unrealistic).

During the race I saw a great start from them using all the space available in the first corners, going 3-wide. I saw cars defending their positions using the inside line, sometimes even using the middle of the track with very clever moves. I had a Seb-spin while fighting an AI out of the first Rivazza corner and none of them crashed me while I safely rejoined and lost only 2 positions (they didn't slow down more than necessary as it happens commonly in some games). I had some great battles with them all through-out the race.

Certainly they're not perfect at this stage. I think they were a bit slower than me in the main straights as these cars are not supposed to gain a lot of speed using the slip stream (maybe that's something that needs tweaking for all GT-style cars, idk) and in some corners they are too slow on entry and too fast on exit, with me catching up in the straights due to their lack of top speed.

All being said, @Renato Simioni and crew, good job! The progress is there and it's fantastic! I know some of us in the community can be a bit negative sometimes. Please forgive us. T'is only out of love and the wish to see our game reach the highest of levels. And we know it will, in time.

In Reiza, we trust!

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What for good work Reiza, thank you!!

Today, I tested at Silverstone, of course. The 1975 and 1991 circuit. After some few laps I get very angry because staying not perfect on track (between the left and right white line) you always get the race director message and invalided lap and the next lap and because of the sector before and, and, and.....
    Instead of being better it get worse! (Don't know if in generall or only at Silverstone).
    Example: In Abbey, just cutting a little bit the white line on left, => lap is invalided. And my screen was spamed with "race director messages".
    The same, if I crash into barriers, there's no need for a race director message, an ambulance would be much more helpful!!!!
    Could you please redesign race director, it's so annoying that I may loose my ambition and fun.

17. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm almost certain this bit from the changelog...

"Track limit rules made standard for all racing sessions (whether single or multiplayer) for better consistency."

...is not working. I've seen people reporting it working in multiplayer but not single-player.

18. Marcos Gil

Marcos Gil Member AMS2 Club Member

[QUOTE = "Renato Simioni, cargo: 91916, membro: 4"] Não, ainda faltam alguns meses. Haverá mais algumas opções de campeonato padrão adicionadas em breve, mas agora que as características básicas estão em vigor. [/ QUOTE]

For God's sake, that's a priority

19. Jan Stange

Jan Stange New Member

Hello, has anybody the same visual bug with higher FOV at the new Stock Car Cruze as attached?!

Attached Files:

20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

AMS2 v1.0.2.1 is now up - this is a hotfix to complement the latest v1.0.2.0 release.

V1.0.2.1 CHANGELOG:

• Adjusted range of allowed track limit warnings to 1-50
    • Multiplayer chatbox history no longer logs joins/leaves and limits history playback when switching page
    • Fixed session overview leaderboard not filling in Multiplayer session
    • Fixed incorrect text on pit strategy back buttons
    • Adjusted F-Vintage body aero lift (all models)
    • Fixed VW Truck crashing to desktop when loading
    • Adjusted Ultima & Camaro SS tyres (stiffer tyre sidewall, reduced a speed sensitivity, stiffer front ARB and springs) & AI tuning
    • Adjusted F-Reiza tyre tread (better retention of adhesive friction at speed)
    • Decreased AI defensive lateral movement range to reduce chances of weaving
    • Minor reduction of AI brake grip
    • Minor AI performance callibration pass for F-Vintage, Ultima & Camaro SS
    • Adjusted AI wet tyre grip for Formulas V12, V10 Gen1 & Gen2
    • Silverstone (all versions): General art passes & added remaining trackside objects (including period accurate 1975 pit building)
    • Hockenheim: fixed trees popping up in the horizon of 1977 version
    • Incremental AI speed adjustments at Imola 2019 - Chicane T11; Kansai - T11, T14, T16; Spielberg - T1, T2; Donington - Mcleans (T7); Goiania - Chicane entry; Kyalami - T13, T16; Oulton Int - chicane entry; Santa Cruz - chicane;, Taruma Chicane; Velopark - Last corner.
    • Camaro SS: Fixed tachometer
    • Brabham BT26A: Added front suspension animation & texture, material updates
    • F-V10 Gen1:- Added material to sidepod intakes

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2