1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 v1.0.2.0 Released - Now updated to v1.0.2.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I'd hate to say it but Silverstone doesn't feature marker boards in all real life series, seems perhaps only F1 gets the additional distance markers. So I don't think Reiza forgot to add them, they have replicated it exactly as it is.
    I'd like to see the markers added but not going to die in a ditch over it if not. Just means, as Micropitt suggested, using other fixed objects instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

GT3 follows what you see in the historic tracks in AMS2. A single board with a direction arrow.. I think there is also a single 50m board at Copse.. Series such as Blancpain will also have their sponsorship boards that drivers would use for markers.. The current Silverstone circuit in AMS2 only has two DRS boards. At the very least they could follow the historic direction as it looks very bare or follow F1.. They could also put a few Reiza boards to give it a modern feel..

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Does it, I thought it had single corner direction markers on most turns and as you say, the single 50 at Copse. I could be wrong though as I was running the various versions last night to check and now can't remember specifically. Will take your word for it but yeah, I agree if the most current version has nothing it should at least have direction markers.

4. Coanda

Nah the historic versions (1991,2001) do.. Not the current version which I presume is 2019/2020..

If Reiza want to flex their muscles, maybe when you drive the F1 Ultimate and Co it could apply F1 style boards else GT boards.. :cool::D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I suggest Trucks! They learn you everything you need to know. Braking earlier, turn in, throttle management. Once you know how to drive them they are blast.

However, I still think Trucks are a bit too easy. Expect more 'ohhhh f...-moments.'

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

The current Silverstone layout don't need any sign because it has a lot of visual references. But the older layouts need because the trackside was cleaner and the curbs aren't that useful.

Break marks can be misleading also and aren't aways that visible on a real track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Isn't it possible to move this idiot message somewhere else?
    I tried with HUD layout editor but either I did it wrong or it doesn't work.
    mes.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Coanda

did you go to the messages tab in the HUD editor..?

I can't remember and I'm not near my pc.. Maybe this is like the people joining server message that can't be moved or turned off..

9. alink

I got it to work. After switching car / track it moved to the place where I wanted to place it.
    Now, it's much better and not so annyoing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Seems there's a hotfix incoming which will address the lack of markers :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Tonight new patch, so yeah. Wondering what we will see.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Or online racing where by the end of lap 1 they have all been destroyed by offs!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

.....or that :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I've been at work and hadn't had the chance to try out the latest version and hotfix until today when I unexpectedly got a day off due to bad weather and so I thought ok today can be AMS2 day and....... What a day!!

Decided to try and see how consistent the new penalty system and A.I. are across a bunch of different cars and tracks with the existing content, as there is already alot of it, and also look for any major flaws, I only really found one serious one with the trucks, other than that, what a day!

Here's a bit of my day, which has been awsome!

4 laps at each track with a different care every time, same A.I. settings for each one, I found some very good consistency and had a fantastic day!

Bravo Reiza! Thanks for a great day off!

• Like Like x 5
  15. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

I've been doing some races against the AI Vintage gen2 cars. The AI in general work really well, with speed 100 and aggression 80% the AI cars are fast and attacks, but never crashed into my car even on very tight situations. The problem I found is that there is always a turn where they loss lot of time. At Silverstone 75 it's at "Abbey". At Hockenheim 77 is at the end of Ost-kurve where they have understeer (they enter well and keep the speed, but then sudenly loss speed).

Another thing to address, is that the V12 cars are always the fastest, taking all the places from pole (this is the same with the gen1 cars). The new Lotus and Brabham cars are the slowest ones, with the model1 cars as second group.

In general it was really fun for races of 20 laps where you need to start with near 100 litres of fuel.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

They seem to get a little ambitious with the timelines of their promises. I just let it go and we get stuff when we get it. I have a feeling we may get a Lotus 49 for the G1 Vintage cars before it's over.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

That would be like having christmas in august.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Went back to pc2 in the week and retried both. 49 was always the fav there for me.
    I prefer the 49 to the 49 c, It has a higher top speed and I prefer its handling,
    ( ref pc2 defaults settings) i dont know the real like car spec differences, maybe they put the rr spoiler on the c because it was generally worse and needed the stability,.
    Ai seem pretty settled to me,
    The beta runs at Silverstone last night were a pleasure, running the Mclaren for a change.

19. alink

Hi Reiza,
    just an idea:
    Some 'small' changes at the 1991 Silverstone circuit and we will have a 1988 layout (not track).
    Everything what's needed is there, just a little work to relive old Maggotts-Backetts-Chapel and a small redesign for Copse.
    Then, all the best Silverstone layouts would be available (layouts from 1994/95 and 1996 aren't neccessary) :):)
    ss150600.jpg ss150108.jpg ss150404.jpg ss150318.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Coanda

Why can we still adjust ARB's on the fly from the cockpit of each vehicle..?

Some vehicles like the Super V8 should have this however majority should not.

I can not find the change log entry however I thought this was fixed up around v1..

Am I dreaming..?

• Agree Agree x 1