1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.4.0 Update Released, now updated to v1.0.4.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 3, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I was actually talking about own experiences, i'm also "not the biggest fan" of this channel...no thanks, for several reasons... :D
    I didn't even knew, that he made an updated review of some kind.

I drive much with AI and it's absolutely true, that AMS2 isn't there, where AMS1 ended...i'm confident, it will get there, though. Also AMS1 took quite some while and making racing AI is PITA to begin with.

Yes. In addition, he also actually somewhat knows, what he is talking about, when it comes to driving experience. (Because he actually drove racing cars on the limit)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

There is only one Youtuber that gets criticism right and that is Nils Heusinkveld. He also is the only one that shows you how to take a Blender apart. So, there is that :whistle:

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is that Jimmy Broadbent's actual bed in his videos, or is it there as an ironic joke?

5. CrimsonEminence

Jimmy lives in a shed, no joke. ;) (I think he was looking for a house, before the daddy'rona chaos in the UK started, though.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

He lives in a shed. There is a bed and a simrig. It is not a joke. Although he might not sleep in it year round.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I also wonder if buying the occasional car or improving the Miata has slowed his pursuit of a house. I also suspect that he looks after his mom to some degree, but that's just a guess. And living in a shed with a bed in the shot is kind of his brand now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

Yes, true, the Shedboi has definetly become quite a huge channel thing. :D
    I'm not judging anybody or speculating, though!
    Whatever makes somebody happy and fulfills the heart. But tbh., i would also check priorities, if having the possibility to make a beloved car track-prepped and going for a license, even if it wouldn't be the most comprehensible step, on first glance. There are some rare opportunities in life. :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Did you watch the F1 race this weekend? On the grid just before the race, Martin Brundle was lauding the "old school" circuit of Nurburgring and unlike the new circuits with their paved catchment areas, Nurburgring still has gravel and that one mistake means you are out of the race. He was talking about this as a good thing, in the manly, tough sportsman kind of way.

He also pointed to the damp, muddy grass he and the other announcer were standing on beside the grid. He said look at this!! We're standing on mud! If you drive off onto the grass the car will accelerate as it heads towards the barriers--forget about degrees of slowing down.

Let's collect some videos of cars going off on the grass at various circuits that are in AMS 2 and then compare what happens in the sim before making blanket statements like this.

For sure, AMS 2 is not designed to mollify console racers' feelings...it is intended to be realistic and brutally so in some circumstances.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Marius H

Holy Moly.. Is is me or is the Stock2020 nervous AF now? :eek: Had a lil trouble with braking and taking corners with default setup. Or it's just that I was a little bit disconnecting from my body. Wandering to places with my mind, lol.

ps. To Reiza.. Please don't go to new shopping-malls..

Edit: @CrimsonEminence I know.. I am so informative. :D

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

:whistle: (have to probably change directly to YT to watch it because FOM)
    I find this topic pretty interesting, because almost every sim reacts totally different, when going off-track. :D

This video shows some things:
    1. Gravel is not grippy
    2. (but) gravel doesn't just spin you around out of nothing if not hitting it wrong, but certainly it requires skill to save you (This corner also in AMS1/2 can be a big pain, if driven wrong)
    3. Grass is slippy even at low speeds, doesn't kill you immediately, but full/high throttle is not the best idea.
    4. Weather should have an impact on all these things (including experiences with muddy damp off track "conditions", Brundle told us.:D)

AMS2 can be a gamble from time to time, especially, when just kissing grass on trackside a slight bit, even in dry and warm conditions. (Oulton Park as an example)
    I think, it can be a bit over the top, sometimes. It didn't made me ripping my hair out from frustration, though.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All I am saying is why attacking Reiza for Codemasters style cashing practices when it is free content? To me it sounds like a bit of a cheap low blow out of frustration with anything that smells SMS.
    What sense does it make for some of the reviewers you mentioned to provide comments (positive or negative it is not the matter) when they clearly have not spent time on the sim and don't know what the developers are doing/planning?
    I agree Ermin has at least spent a little time (very little) since he made more than one clip, but generally most of the reviewers have almost no content on the sim other the a 15 minutes test when there is new content where it is almost always clear they have not set their equipment and their cars.
    All I am asking is for reviewers to be more on top of the sims they are talking about and knowledgeable of them, not a blanket praise or a blanket trashing. Billie did not even know for sure if GT3s were going to be included in the sim. Did any of the reviewers even open AMS2 website or this forum? Do they know what's going on? To me it seems not.
    For instance out of the last update none of them mentioned the change in the horizon/head movement nor the differential modifications which made for a significant change compared to the previous update. Are those changes good? Are they bad? Do they even know what they are about?
    I mean no disrespect to them, I'm just saying superficial reviews (positive or negative) are not making any good service to the users in general. They only run the risk to blindly repeat street legends.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Someone ran away from kindergarten

IMG_20201013_022154.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

Funny, i also experienced similar stuff today. :D (Has disliked many of my posts, in several threads, i posted at)
    :rolleyes: 19087.png

I mean...whatever floats your boat, Paul :D
    ...but really...please grow up.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

so you imply ams2 is the only sim that does offroad in the right way by quoting a race weekend and a track after days of rain and chilling temperatures?
    oh dear.

16. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Have you ever driven on grass or deep gravel in any car? 4 wheel drive and knobbly tires exist for a reason.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

ok so you are all implying ams2 is the only sim that does it right, since it is totally different from any other sim. sure objectivity will never be the strongest point of the simracing community.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it's realistic, maybe not. Doesn't really matter. In the end, AMS2 is a game meant to be played for entertainment. Multiplayer races where one off-track excursion effectively ends your race on tracks like Brands Hatch or VIR are not fun for most people. Even safely rejoining the track is difficult because of the slipperiness of the grass, which further contributes to ruining the multiplayer experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Marius H

There's only one solution:
    • Simulation-settings/more sim when playing SP/AI/Career/Championship.
    • Same simulation when doing 'hardcore' leagues/clubs
    • Less simulation in public MP-lobby's
    Case closed.

Personally there's no match in simracingworld. Only AMS 1 is a competitor versus AMS 2. I've played and raced them all. AMS 1 and AMS 2 comes for me as the most authentic out of the box. At last AMS 1 has the best package. It does everything correct SP/Championship-wise. AMS 2 is in development and still missing some sim-features, like we had in AMS 1, but I trust Reiza. It's the only studio I've high respect for because they do not go with the current meta-gaming trend: 'Sell a broken game. Release a few patches and call it day' They also do not give influences/streamers lots of sum of money to advertise the game for them. Reiza feels like Blizzard North that made Diablo II. A passion project with love and trying to create pure form of art. Wish I was one of them boys.

Anyway whatever float your boat: Race what you like.It's your rig, your time, your energy, your life.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 4