1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

the mercedes GT3 is absolutely perfect. you can drive it for long stints consistently, and thats what GT3 is all about. long distance, consistent performance, easy to drive.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Guilherme Bencke

Guilherme Bencke New Member

Why does the porsche sound like a dentist's drill?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Because that's what Porsche sounds like (most simulations, not even R3E, get it right usually). If the several whine noises (high frequency with engine revs, lower frequency with speed, especially this is failed by many other sims) don't make you deaf, the engine and shiftpopp from the outside will do.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. JF Gagne

JF Gagne New Member

Fixed with the patch. Thank-you! :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Wow, dentist's drill is the best description of that sound!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

Yes..., it might be annoying over longer drives for some users but it's the most accurate sound of the GT3-R in the whole sim racing cosmos right now. No other sim just NAILS it, like the AMS2 version right now, in terms of sound. Imagine this on the Nordschleife later...

Maybe my wheel arrives back soon...can't wait to torture my ears with this beautiful dentist drill! <3

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. RJ Espinoza

RJ Espinoza New Member

My CSL Elite feels lifeless after the two updates.
    The micro textures in the tracks are gone and the wheel has soft spongy spots in the turns that I can’t dial out now. That applies to all cars and tracks. Please fix this. Thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. daedalus

daedalus New Member

Turn off the damper setting on the wheel (turn it to 0) and put it on the custom profile setting in the game settings and see if that helps.

9. CrimsonEminence

Have you tried removing your Automobilista 2 folder in the Documents folder of Windows, then redoing your settings?
    Also FX in the FFB settings now brings road texture to the FFB.
    Don't go too low with FEI on the CSL.

AMS2 doesn't utilize the damper channel of Fanatec devices (ingame damping comes through the main FFB gain pipeline) and the Dpr setting is not a permanent damping. On the (newer models) CSL Elite, the permanent damping is the negative drift mode.

10. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

From what I have been able to test the new update:

AI has improved, she no longer knocks you off the track when outside, but she is still a bit aggressive and clumsy

I still notice that the Porsche Cup hits a lot of bouncing, although it has improved somewhat

Sound of Porsche GT3-R for me is spectacular, I love it, although it still has a slight deviation of the balance to the left (check with headphones)

I have noticed an improvement in the cockpit view from the beta, but the driver still "sticks" into the camera when I try to move it away from the wheel

In general I am very happy, thank you very much Reiza, you work very well !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lauro Lopes Dantas

Lauro Lopes Dantas New Member

Same problem here, no break lock feedback at all in any car, g27 too

12. sedesa tatasa2

sedesa tatasa2 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

Road bumps no longer disturb the behavior of the car.
    The previous versions were very good in this regard.
    Now the car is just only shaking visually.

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Increase FX to 100 and test again, then if you now feel understeer again you can lower it to taste, I use 50 now but lost it for a while and going to 100 made it clear and I lowered to taste.

14. Donato

Donato Member

congratulations for the wonderful work with these GT3s, they are beautiful !! thanks also for the quick patch that fixed the various problems. i, just one question: will there be updates for the interior? in the other 2 the protections are missing as in the photo they add even more realism in VR, the Porsche is a show !!

20201103_081730.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

I have a question to ask those who are experts, were the GT3 Porsche and Mclaren cars created with real data from the manufacturers ?, do the Reiza have official licenses and therefore are they based on real data or are they fictional cars like the others ?, for me it is important to know, in fact all the GTE and GT3 in Rfactor2 are based on real data and with official licenses.

16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

@Germano Cervini

They're all officially licensed - I don't know if data is directly from the manufacturer but there are plenty of potential sources of data for each of these cars (they're all customer cars after all)

17. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

ok, so they are based on real data, just like with Rfactor 2 studio 397, but is there a possibility in the future to have Ferrari too ?, or will we only have these 3 cars?

18. pollinho

pollinho Member AMS2 Club Member

BMW M6 GT3 is confirmed as well and will be released in the near future, propably along with the Nordschleife.

I don't think any other GT3s have been confirmed yet. So I guess there is an option we might get more GT3s in the future, but there is no guarantee.

Also I think especially Ferrari are known for being pretty restrictive when it comes to licensing, so I wouldn't bet on it.

19. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If I remember correctly (someone correct me if it is not true), I think Renato put in a post that 2 to 4 GT3 were expected, and in the future it could be 5 or 6 in total, always depending on how the topics progress of licenses.

If that is true, in addition to the BMW that is already confirmed, they are surely in the process of adding another two, but which ones and when we do not know.

At the moment with 4 cars I am quite satisfied, if in the future brands like Ferrari or Audi arrive, even better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. DeMol

DeMol New Member

Anybody else noticed that even if AI has been fixed in regards of pushing You off the track, they now RAM You from behind before tight corners? After playing few racers in the rain especially is visible in mixed classes races fe. GT3 with P1. (AI 100%, aggression 0)?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1