1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Actually I think the majority of the comments here are constructive. Comments on RD forum are worse, sometimes excessively demanding and even aggressive and sarcastic - most of this made by ACC fanboys that wanna hate everything that is not ACC.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

could you give us some ffb setup ideas for logitech wheels, thrustmaster and fanatec? so we can have a base from where to start? it would be a huge help, thanks in advance.!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Guilherme Bencke

Guilherme Bencke New Member

Is there a way to turn the Porsche dentist's drill sound effect down, without removing the engine sound? The screeching sounds are giving me headaches after a few laps and they are very disrupting, at least on the valve index headphones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Cutting high frequencies with a EQ is your only hope..

5. sk8

sk8 Member

I'm finding that too much fx, lfb or damping washes out the subtle effects like curbs. Running 65/0/50/15 on a t300.
    Feels good and informative but probably going to try less fx again. New FFB needs some fine tuning from the devs I think. Loving where it's going though.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The previous beta the "drill" sound was louder or maybe the engine note was quieter and in the latest they made the tone louder so the "drill" sound seems to quiet imo. I personally hope the "drill" sound gets louder as all videos seem to have that sound very prominent.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sk8

sk8 Member

E30 sounds very high pitched during play. But during replay the onboard sound is amazing. Am I missing something?

8. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I too like the loud whine of the Porsche but I understand that louder than this can become unbearable to some people, even if they are not using VR. So I think Reiza should leave this way. It's already very, very good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gunthar Rowe

Gunthar Rowe New Member

I mainly use FanaLab to program LEDs to suit each car. I have done all ACC GT3 and GT4 cars and when I get home at end of week will be starting on the AMS2 cars :)

I only have Formula V2 so must tune all cars for this... maybe get a "big" rim one day...

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

i started getting used to driving those rabbits on wheels somehow, but steam friends of mine refuse driving certain tracks online with me and have overall stopped spending much time with ams 2.
    so, as you mentioned, putting the finger on this issue by devs could bring (back) more players to the game.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Why would you need any damping on a T300? That's the source of your problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Marc Collins

Report in bug thread. There have been several situations over the past months where individual sounds in various cam views or replay vs. regular play have been transposed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Which corner is that? I didn't recognize the name so looked on several track maps and cannot find a reference to it...?

What is the braking point for a modern F1 car at the same corner? Instead of comparing other sims, find out what the brake distances are at various speeds for real GT3 cars.

Put all your hardware specs in the signature section of this forum so others might be able to help you better--especially before asking the devs to fix something.

If you are prematurely locking your brakes in any car in AMS 2, then learn how to brake properly in a race car, since it is the opposite motion of a road car. If you are already doing that, then you can adjust the car's brake bias forward or backward, depending on which wheels (front or rear) are locking. And/or, you can lower the brake pressure for the car, if you are still able to apply enough brake force when you need it. If you adjust these the wrong way or too much, it will lengthen the amount of distance needed to slow the car, which is the opposite of what you want.

Lastly, you might have a brake pedal that is too sensitive or a leg and foot that cannot handle your brake pedal properly, so you can lower the sensitivity in the controller set-up section. 50 is the default and linear setting that should be left alone unless all else has not worked, but you can lower that number to allow more brake pedal travel per unit of braking force in the car in the initial stages of the pedal travel.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for sharing.. I have not received a clonk "yet".. I have tried both ways however for the most part I was setting higher FFB/Gain in game and lower FFB in driver (similar to your values) however I have now changed back to the opposite logic based on what I have learnt in iR (which I have only gotten into recently)... To be honest they feel very similar if the output is the same..

One vehicle I have a keen interest in is V8 Supercars. From my understanding they regularly reach 20 Nm therefore in AMS2 and iR I am keen to drive them at 1:1 (or thereabouts) on my GT rim. I can achieve this and it's fine and I have not seen any clipping on the HUD. Impacts in iR are brutal compared to AMS2/ACC so this has to be considered if you do or do not want to feel the full force of the DD2. As you mentioned for the formula V2 rim it can be very dangerous particularly if you drive vehicles up to 25 Nm. For these types of modern formula vehicles I generally run them at 0.5~0.6:1 which will keep forces slightly under 20 Nm. i'd like to run them closer to real life however it's just too dangerous and I want to protect my gear a little.. These vehicles regularly reach 25-30+ Nm. The DD2 is a fairly active motor so oscillations can be an issue. This requires too much damping, friction, interpolation for my liking on some of these heavy force vehicles. As for GT3, I like to have them set in the 7~13 Nm range.

Currently in AMS2 for the V8SC and LMP2 G58 I am setting 90% FFB and 45% in game Gain on my larger GT rim.

This is what I still do not understand about FFB. Let's say previously I run my DD2 at 35% (8.75 Nm) and the in game FFB/Gain at 70%. How can I still receive 13 Nm of force in a GT3 through high load corners..?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Especially if someone has adjusted his hardware setup on other sims where stomping on the brake at the onset of braking is the key for a good deceleration that will NOT work well here in AMS2. The brake here in standard hardware conditions (i.e. manufacturer values) will be immediately effective well before throwing the pedal in the next room of your house, so either you adapt with your foot or you need to make sure you change your sensitivity in the hardware configurator.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In real life I don't think you are braking a GT3 car from flat out into a hairpin at the 100m board. They are heavy cars, not a single seater. Random example found on YouTube but this guy is braking just before the 150m board in the Merc so looks good to me.

Lets try to compare to reality not to other sims ;)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Typically human!
    Always want to have more and more, never be satisfied with that what to have.
    To have wishes and dreams is absolutely OK, this is something what keeps alive, but some statements about new or other content are so aggressive that I wonder why Reiza keep on going.
    I think, they are doing their best, they are doing mistakes, not everything is perfect, some things aren't well although they need to be reworked. But if you have followed the whole developing of AMS1 and AMS2 then it's clear that they recognize if something went wrong and that they are anxious to fix so that the "racers" are satisfied and happy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  18. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Anyone else thinks the Porsche GT3 is a bit too forgiving? Did an AI race at Nurburgring with reduced traction control from the standard setup, and while the car feels absolutely sublime on my T300 and very fun to drive, I'm not sure about how you can overdrive and abuse the curbs like a maniac with little consequence. At least it's not how I'm used to see this car represented in other sims. For a GT3 car that should have stiff suspension, low ride height and high downforce I feel like jumping over high curbs should have a much bigger impact on the car, but I've never driven anything other than road cars and karts so I might be wrong.

By the way, at the end of the 30 min race the AI bumped me out of the track again, in a very similar move to what it was doing before the hotfix. I was driving side by side with the AI approaching the valvoline curve, me on the outside and the AI on the inside, and the AI car just pushed me out of the track in order to get the outside line. It happened on the very last lap and it was the only negative incident in an otherwise amazing 30 min race (100 AI strenght and 90 aggression).

• Like Like x 1
  19. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Please, for the love of god, stop asking Reiza to make GT3s more difficult. And when you compare pace around most tracks against real life, they are pretty close everywhere.

This Argument about difficult = more realistic is getting old.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  20. sk8

sk8 Member

I find a little damping helps with opposite lock or catching a slide. I also realised it was the car that made the curbs feel vague. GT3's don't give much feel over the curbs, whereas the Caterham 620r gives plenty feedback. The older more sorted cars feel amazing with my current set up. Formula vintage is superb now. Overall I'm very happy with the ffb now and I'm sure the gt3's will receive several updates in the coming months.

• Like Like x 3