1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Where are the remaining 100hp?
    P.S.
    Strange, no one said it before... :D

Maybe the game is reacting differently depending on setups and rig, because the reports are way too different.

On my setup the GT3s at full lateral acceleration and 100% throttle can’t even gain speed in some cases...(and I always have NO ASSISTS set in game menu).

2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Altitude? its full throttle anyhow

3. Maser V6

will try different track after race imola was the same (settings that is not power)
    Ha just got a drive through at start of race lol
    Cant type and drive

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Maser V6

Imola has 500+bhp
    Just running there, now
    Edit
    Imola seems fine slicks like Kaya or wets much better and more lively (tc off)
    Edit brands 500bhp Light rain (less than Imola? same setting) same effect as first test full throttle 2nd gear last turn tc 100 same grip as 3 or 0 imo

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  5. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

I tested the 3 GT3 with my humble knowledge of motorsport. The Porsche under braking is fine, but when accelerating i don't understand. I will try to put my video there. The Porsche GT3 test starts at 23 minutes and sorry it s in french. Then i test the cup. I want to clarify that i love AMS2, it s the simulation i play the most. Help me figure out how by removing traction control or putting downforce on 0, i can get full throttle without the car moving. I just have to watch out for the overflow.

6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL.. Didn't say easy, I said the car gave him a chance whereas in most sims such a high lateral slip angle is 110% unrecoverable. :D
    Watch this video of the absolute GT3 record at Bathurst. He is pushing for sure at 100%. There is not a single correction or counter-steer. The car "seems on rails" like someone said here, even under full acceleration out of the tightest corners. Not a hint of the rear swerving. In the fast sections before the crest of the mountain as he goes over the kerbs the car is way less scary and unstable than any iracing or ACC similar experience: the car is planted, reactions at the wheel minimal. Look at the amount of steering input he gives especially in the downhill section: huge compared to the fastest players of any of those sims who are driving on piles of oversteer to bend the sim physics to their will. Because the rear of the car is with him, not against him.
    This is how a balanced GT3 car drives and this is what any good sims should aim at IMHO.

PS: this post is mostly an excuse to share the enjoyment od such a perfect lap and a perfectly running car :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

This conversation is getting a bit tiring but I just did a few GT3 laps on Bathurst in both AMS2 and ACC and my perception of how the car is behaving on that video and how it relates to the car behaviour in ACC and AMS2 is different from yours. It's only when you overdrive and start pushing the Porsche GT3 in AMS2 over the limit that you start to see it's flaws, and testing the Porsche GT3 @ Bathurst on AMS2 after watching that video just convinced me even more that something is not right...

...but, it is an amazing video and I've never seen it before so I'm still glad you posted :p

I strongly disagree with the mentality that difficulty=realism but I also don't care about going into the other extreme of easy=realistic. Both extremes are useless and the only thing that should matter is accuracy.

If the real Porsche GT3 car really behaves like the one in AMS2 then I don't want it to be any other way... but if not, then I would like Reiza to look into it just in case something isn't right.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably I’m missing the point here.

same track, similar power to weight ratio, limited aero, locked diff, no traction control.

Not once he is using opposite lock, never ever once.

Does it mean the car is not able to throttle oversteer?

NO, NO and NO.

He is driving as any race driver does on slick tires with narrow grip efficiency window.

Does it mean the car would have killed him if provoked?

NO, NO and NO.

Efficient and unstable are just two extreme conditions and loosing efficiency does not mean necessarily going bananas at the slightest perturbation...

Add TC and ABS to the party and it’s perfectly normal having a pretty much controllable GT3 car.

No one wants iRacing, not even iRacing developers (they will never admit it...) and I don’t care the slightest about ACC (I personally find it too ‘binary’ on GT3s and very convincing on GT4s).

BUT

A 1300kg car with 500 hp MUST be able to destroy the tires at will from standstill and cornering at the limit. In the last case it’s only a matter of how much margin you are keeping (wasting) respect to limit acceleration...

If you are at the limit, the torque you can ask is ZERO and this is true for any car in the word, from a Fiat Panda to a Formula1.

For balance and survival of the driver, no one would never ever setup a car for absolute maximum lateral acceleration.
    But the percentage margin is usually small enough and certainly not as vast as it appears to be the here.

Boxer Cup car in AMS1 is moving constantly but it’s not trying to kill you unexpectedly.

This is something I can find believable.
    What we have now in AMS2... no, I’m sorry, and no video will change my mind.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Right. Tires only have so much grip, and it's applied to acceleration / braking / cornering, often in combination but, 100% grip is still all the tires have to offer.

Sometimes in Simulation, tires seem to have 150% grip. I think GPL tires had about 50%. :p:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. sk8

sk8 Member

Lost a whole day yesterday racing dtm, gt3 and 620r... also some informal sliding around Virginia in the vintage cars. Seriously addictive considering the buggy state. Anyways have to work double hard today to pay for my sins lord help me when Nords is released

• Like Like x 2
  11. Maser V6

Crowdfunding for divorce lawyers pls

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

I agree with you, modern cars have a lot of road waste and a lot of load, so they are glued to the asphalt, the difficult is to bring them to the limit, enough with ste bull**** that the difficulty = real simulator .......

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

ok it's 'somewhere next week' now. Where is the Nordschleife :D

14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think today. It's somewhere. Friday and Saturday are somewhere end of week, so yeah. But 'somewhere...' yeah. Can mean any other day this week. Even Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sometimes, it's better to just answer this with: When. It's. Done. !.

There is a high interest in having it in a good state already, so the ....critique....at Ragedepartment will be not too over the top. So sometimes, some more patience may pay off for everyone. :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Google Maps

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Was the AI also hotfixed? They still bump you off the road if you are next to them. This is not defending, but really shoving you aside when you are next to them for > 5 seconds.

Also the movements are also still very aggressive / nervous

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The best video example in this thread so far...

And, as I keep repeating like a broken record, this is why GT3 is the most popular sim racing class. That record-breaking lap looked like a Sunday afternoon drive in the park compared to most race laps where the driver has to manage and even fight the car on the edge of grip throughout every corner. It is hopefully not a surprise why most people outside our little group of extreme realists on this board, would gravitate towards the easiest possible cars to drive. And if they weren't so easy, most games (outside the top sims we all know and love) would just make them easier for positive game play purposes.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

What are your other settings? I expect a combination of LFB and FX will do what you want with better results than adding damping. But who knows...every wheel, including mine, responds slightly or sometimes dramatically differently to these settings. Just FYI, the ability to catch a slide and have versus not have the FFB making car rotation "worse" than it really should be (i.e., exaggerating the feeling and making it harder to control than it would be in real life) is 100% controlled by LFB on my wheel. I needed to INCREASE LFB with the latest changes to Default FFB profile in AMS 2 to have the same weighting I used to have....but I still get much more useful feedback through the wheel than previously. If I decrease LFB, I get the same wonderful feedback, but the most basic self-aligning torque that gives us the feel of what the back end of the car is doing and whether we are losing the car in a turn becomes exaggerated and feels unnatural (some call it the pendulum effect). Translates this way on every car in the game.

20. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

It's not about being easy or difficult, it's about following some very basic principles where EVERY CAR has a limit, and if you push it PAST that limit it brakes traction. That's IT. What changes is that some cars will have that limit further than others, but there's still a limit and it doesn't matter if it's a GT3, a Formula car or a road car. I've pushed my road car passed it's limit twice (not on purpose) and both times I spun and ended up sideways on the road.

I don't want Reiza to make GT3 difficult so could we please stop with this nonsense? Driving a GT3 in Raceroom, ACC or AMS1 (mods) it's not difficult, but I can push the car past the limit if I want (or by mistake) and cause it to rotate, because again, that's what happens with cars past the limit. Not on the edge of limit, like in the video, but PAST the limit. You guys are not even arguing the same thing we are.

On that very video the guy is driving at the edge of limit and fighting the car, like you say, and OBVIOUSLY he is not sliding and losing traction all over the place, because then it wouln't be a fast lap, and that's not what me or Avolletta1977 are arguing for. Look for a video of a fast GT3 lap from rFactor 2, ACC, AMS1, Raceroom or even Iracing and in all of them you'll see a similar behaviour and driving style from that video, because that's what a fast lap is: you drive on the edge and don't go past the limit by sliding and loosing traction everywhere. It wouln't be a fast lap otherwise.

But in that lap, IF the guy pushed the car PAST the limit then it would loose traction. And sometimes you can use that for your advantage, like when you take a wide line through a corner by mistake, then you can cause the car to break traction and rotate a bit in order to go back to the proper line. But with the Porsche GT3 (and with the M1 Procar as well) it's nearly impossible to do brake traction even ON PURPOSE in situations when I should be able to.

I have the utmost respect for Reiza for what they did with AMS1 and also for how further they have developed AMS2 already in such a short period, and somewhere else I defended AMS2 GT3 cars from critics because compared with how bad the GT3 cars on ACC and even some on RF2 where at launch then Reiza has a very good starting point here, but you guys are not even paying atention to what me and Avioletta1977 are saying and keep baging on the same drum that we are asking for the cars to be more difficult, which is not even the point, so I'm out of this useless discussion. Just wanted to give some feedback and I encourage everyone else to do so, in a constructive matter, so we can end up with the best sim possible.

There's a lot of good stuff on AMS2 to enjoy already (it's fast becoming my main sim) and plenty other good sims out there to enjoy so let's have fun as well. Also, sorry for going all-caps in some words but I felt like there must be something lost in translation about what I'm trying to say.

Have a nice day guys :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5