1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.5 & Nurburgring Pack RELEASED, now updated to V1.0.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 13, 2020.

1. theF1man

theF1man Member

The Porsches seem great imo and very accurate, I guess alot of people are used to the "Sim" versions rather than the real world versions which do indeed bounce quite abit around a race track especially at older tracks like Sebring International, a good demonstration imo in the video below

i dont think it helps with these physics experts on youtube trying to nerf them because they are faster and handle like a dime in other sims

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Well I'm not claiming to be a physics expert nor have I ever driven a Porsche Cup car in real life but if this is supposed to be a true representation of how the real car behaves then I'm having a hard time believing why it's claimed to be the world’s most-produced and best-selling race car.

3. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Oh no I hope not !

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree with earlier post about the brakes being rubbish on the mclaren 570s. I won't drive it cos it just won't stop.
    Had my first full race ever at the nordschleife tonight as I don't really like it but, really good version Reiza has done.
    Cos I dont know the track layout I put the ai skill level down to 70, lol, skipped q and started from back only 3 lap race with mandatory pit stop, finished mid pack but got caught in the pits longer than others. Has the pit progress bars disappear as I do not see the progress of tyres, fuel and repairs any more.

5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I found a weird bug that I also posted to the bug report thread, but since it is really surprising I mention it here for visibility:

- start a 'Single race' using the Porsche GT3 on any track
    - go into 'Edit Setup > Advanced Setup > Drive Train' and set 'Traction Control' to 1%
    - start the race with a standing start
    => Car cannot accelerate past 72 km/h.

If you modify 'Traction Control' to say 5%, you can get past 72 km/h but the car has much much slower acceleration and cannot reach its top speed. So the car seems slowed down in relation to the value of 'Traction Control' .
    This also applies to the Mercedes GT3, with the difference that 1% do not get it stuck to 72 Km/h but makes it a tad slower to accelerate.

6. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

I tested both, the Cayman GT4 and the Cup GT3 and honestly enjoyed them, even on the Nordschleife.

They are bouncy, yes, but it did not feel as exaggerated as it did the last time i tried them and the way the steering (especially in the Porsche GT4) reacted to bumps and translated on the track surface and translated them to the ffb felt amazing.

At this point it would be really awesome to have someone try those cars (with properly configured wheel) that has driven them in real live and give some feedback. I think the tendendy is right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@theF1man I watched a recording of yesterday's Lamborghini Super Trofeo race at Sebring. (The track is notoriously bumpy and will promote extreme behaviour from cars other than the admittedly bouncy Porsche.) One car had to retire after driving through Sunset Bend because it bounced so violently that the left rear tyre was squeezed off its rim; the next bounce compressed it so much that it had an explosive blowout! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. theF1man

theF1man Member

Woah thats expensive

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is expected. 1% means 1% of allowed slip so you can't accelerate at all. Put it to something above 20% and you should be ok.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Avoletta1977

Ok, disagree as much as you want but this is the way it works in AMS2...

Regarding GT3, to make it slide you need to close a bit the rear diff... standard setup is almost open...

11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleting the AMS2 folder sorted my FFB.. G58 feels great again around Silverstone 01.. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. bobbie424242

This is super confusing and from a user POV looks like a bug. Why would traction control values that would decrease top speed this much be allowed ? Can you confirm that for disabling TC it must be set to 100%, as I vaguely remember reading from another user on RD ? Also noticed that the TC adjustable setting in MFD goes from 0.00 to 0.99, mapping to 1-100% in Advanced setup, which doesn't feel exactly consistent.

Also, I've been unable to see a change in car handling by setting by setting "Driving assist" to "FULL" and disabling all assists. GT3 are still incredibly grippy, which could be a good or bad thing depending on who you ask.

13. Avoletta1977

Yes, but if you disable it from menu as I indicated it's much better and quicker...
    Who cares about tc?! :D

14. bobbie424242

I could not really notice a difference disabling it in the menu nor the MFD (at 100%).
    That's with default car setup, using the Porsche. Maybe I did not try hard enough, difficult to tell.

15. Avoletta1977

Default setup on Porsche GT3 is terribile.
    Start to colse the diff (most ams2 cars are dominated by diff settings) and have fun.

16. F2020

F2020 Member

Really loving the track, top work to the guys that built it.

Just done a run in the GT4 Porsche, was good!

Love the damage that happens too, i stacked it and crumpled the bonnet.

Back to it...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, would you be so kind and share your setup for the Porsche GT3 ? Thanks in advance.

18. Avoletta1977

If you want a fast setup you should ask Crimson... ;)
    Just for fun, maximum damping everywhere, minimum arbs, spring and packers, low diff ramp on power and maximum ramp on coast (min 4 clutches).

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What the hell should I say?!
    Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen hell is alive, wow!
    REIZA team is the best!

Beside the 22year old GPL track, this is the best I have ever been driving:)

Keep on going, Reiza! Waiting for historic variant which I hope that it's more a 60s instead of an 70s.... The good old hedge at Kallenhard.

20. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Nords is really nice

Quite difficult to get below 7 minute with Porsche GT3 though! Barely managed it.