1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.5 & Nurburgring Pack RELEASED, now updated to V1.0.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I don't know where to post that, but all the cars are so much easy to drive comparing to the others games like ACC, rFactor 2, iRacing.

The GT3s, particulary the Porsche, feel so easy, when you will spin and lose the car control, magically the GT3 Porsche is attracted by a rail and can't lose the control, and returns in the race line

The GT4 too, and the GT3 Porsche Cup car, which is very hard to control in ACC or rFactor 2 before mastering the Nordschleife or an other track, is so easy in AMS2.

I have no more bouncing issue but I can full throttle in every corner without oversteer or spin, I have just to control the brake, which is without ABS very too much easy too, I can't lose control with the brake if I full brake..

For my first lap with the Porsche Cup car on the Nordschleife, I was immediatey like a Boss, without crashing, and I know that with rFactor 2, Raceroom, or ACC and the others tracks, I had to train myself a lot before being a Boss, that was the challenge of those sims.

Even with TC off and ABS off, and all the assists off, it's easy.

Even in Project cars 2 we can spin with those cars, there is something strange.

I have the feeling it's so easy in this game, the SIM parameter seems OFF.

Is the control difficulty planned to be changed, or is it planned to be like that ??

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You need to turn off the pit limiter...:D;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

to be sure I have re-played with the others games, it's obvious that AMS2 is easier, but too much for my taste. Raceroom, ACC and rFactor 2 has given the same average feeling, I had to fight to control the car, with throttle and brake and steering, but with AMS 2, there was no difficulty to control the car, with the throttle or the brake or the steering, it's like on a rail.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Dirk Ceustermans

Dirk Ceustermans New Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone else experiencing vague ffb with formule reize & formula ultimate?
    Best describtion I could give is floaty tires and disappearing feedback midcorner.

ffb formula reiza seems also too heavy.
    csw 2.5 here

5. Eduardo Prado

Eduardo Prado New Member AMS2 Club Member

I drove around 15 laps with the Mercedes GT3 and Mclaren GT3 in Nordschleife, with default traction control and ABS (20% and 50% I think) and it didn't felt too easy for me, I felt it was natural, car was responsive to my commands and it gave a sense of reliability that made me want to push harder until a mistake was made. With the Mercedes, after taking off 1 point of downforce from the rear, I raised the traction control to 15% and even with it I struggled with traction in some points. With both cars my best laps were 6:36 highs (don't remember de decimals), if the laptime / cornering speed / Straight line top speed is accurate with the reality, I don't have a clue but I can assure that if you are running laptimes higher than 6:40 you're simply not pushing enough, and in any simracing game, when you are pushing until 95% of the the car, it feels easy (unless you're driving on iRacing, there things are so bad that it's possible to spin whenever), and it should feel easy I think, it's a car for long distance races, driven by semi-pro drivers, with a bunch of electronical assists.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

The GT3 cars (and maybe the GT4 as well but haven't spent much time with those except for the Cayman) in AMS 2 do have more grip than the equivalent cars in other sims, even after setup changes. Most of the setup changes I've tried so far made the cars very dangerous and sketchy on the brakes (too much even), but on-throttle they still feel a bit "spongy" at the limit for me. Talking about being "easy" or "difficult" usually ends up in meaningless arguments, but comparing with real life videos you can overdrive these cars in AMS 2 a lot and still get a fast lap, while the real car will need to be driven in a more smooth and precise way to go fast.

I might complain a bit too much sometimes, but these last few patches still have been a gamechanger for me. I've put more hours in AMS 2 in these last couple weeks than in all the months before combined (bought the game in early access).

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

So if nobody goes below 6:30 on Nords with GT3 everything is fine.

The fastest "reality" times are:

6:56.4 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991.2) Kévin Estre 16 April 2018

List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times - Wikipedia

Fastest ever Nurburgring lap times - the definitive rundown | Autocar

So maybe Sims are a bit quicker because of the absent death / injury risk or there´s another reason, maybe Sim racer can practice more than real world drives, i mean who can drive 1000times Nordschleife in a few weeks...

cheers!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I wasn't trying to spread anything other than what I perceived. I wasn't telling anything as a "fact".

Raceroom used to have the same problem until a year ago or so, where the GT cars also allowed too much overdriving until they fixed it, so I don't know if the lap times presented are from before or after that (don't know if there was a leaderboard reset after the physics update).

In any case I still I deleted that paragraph from my post to avoid spreading false information.

10. Eduardo Prado

Eduardo Prado New Member AMS2 Club Member

Remember that the Porsche 911 GT3 RS is a road car, it has GT3 on name, but it's not from a GT3 category.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

thanks for the answer, the problem for me is I have the same good feeling about the difficulty with all the games I have used before (Raceroom, ACC, iRacing, rFactor 2 and even AC), and they have all the Porsche cup car, GT3 and similar cars.
    Only with AMS 2 I push, I push, I push but I don't have any difficulty (only the stock car 2020 has the difficulty I like from the others games).
    In AMS2, I have the feeling the car stays in a rail, the most obvious is the Porsche GT3, every time when I should spin and lose the control, the car magically returns in the rail line.
    I have found many youtubers who have said the same, I can post the videos.
    I just hope it's not planned to be like that.

12. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Go and take the AMG GT3 for a lap around the Nordschleife, deactivate the TC and see if you can plank the car.

It's almost impossible even if i try to force it by staying on the throttle all the time, throwing the car into corners without any finesse. Even swaying the steering wheel from left to right at high speeds agressively does not unsettle the car. How is that supposed to be realistic? In real life the car would have crashed ten times already.

In AMS2 there seems to be some invisible force that always straightens some cars and the amount of grip is insane sometimes.

Surely not with all cars but the AMG GT3 feels reeeeeaaaaaally strange, though it's fun.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mike1304

Maybe it’s because the TC setting is confusing in AMS2: if you have 0% try 100%! In AMS2 it’s the other way round...

14. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I have 100 for TC and 0 for abs for all the cars....

Nice to see someone who feels like me

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mike1304

Maybe you are a super talent? Maybe if you would drive the real racing car it would still be super easy for you and the other sims are unrealistically difficult?
    Of course I could not finish Nordschleife at full throttle all the time as you say, because I would fly off the track and crash, but I’m no super talent...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

Times are new in RR, they cleared all boards since update.
    Seems that the absent of deadly risks is maybe to reaseon alongside with heavy curb usage.
    hmmm

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's mainly a terrible choice of base setup and diff settings. The Mercedes in particular has a massive front stiffness bias. Crank up the rear, soften the front, tighten the diff and it will start to become alive...

18. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I'm not too good, like I've said, AMS2 feels too much easy, for the others game, the difficulty is there.

I use the base setting in all my games. I just remove all the assists.

19. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, it would be better to have a more 'intermediate' setup instead of the 'baby steps' one but at the moment setups (in general) are not an area where AMS2 shines...

The GT3s can definitely lose the rear... but some intervention is needed ;)

20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member