1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.6.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.0.6.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I just tried the Copa Uno because I was curious. Try it. It is in my opinion what the Uno's should feel like. It has a bit more understeer than the prior versions (CC or CU), but I bet a racier set-up can bring that back for those of us who prefer it :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Totally disagree.

I hadn't time to test more than a few series yesterday, and one of them happened to be the Copa Classics that are clearly in a mid-WIP state. I can imagine when time came to push out the update, they were a victim of being worked on at the moment and it was easier to leave them and fix in a patch than put them back to where they were.

But it is precisely because Reiza is so good at keeping all the older and less prominent content up-to-date that this small mess occurred in the first place. If it was ISI/S397, we could be waiting 7+ years for the simplest of updates to historic open-wheelers, or waiting forever for SMS to go in and apply some consistency to the cars in PC or PC 2...

Just to prove it to myself I took the time to test a bunch of series, in alphabetical order to suit my OCD, and here are the results (you might notice a pattern):
    • ARC Camaro - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • (Porsche) Carrera Cup 3.8 - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • (Porsche) Carrera Cup 4.0 - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • Caterham 620R - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • Caterham Academy - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • Caterham Superlight - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • Caterham Supersport - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • Copa Fusca - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • Copa Trucks - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • Copa Montana - mild excess pendulum effect in FFB; handling of car good
    • Copa Uno - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • F301 - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • F309 - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • F-Classic G1M1 - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • F Trainer - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • F Trainer Advanced - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • GInetta G55 - handling and FFB improved and FFB may be perfectly balanced in terms of no pendulum effect, but coming as close as possible to maximizing feedback
    • Ginetta G58 - handling is great; car is firm, so will be rough on older or lower-grade tracks (where it doesn't run in real life); FFB is borderline on approaching excess pendulum effect (please adjust so it is closer to AJR)
    • AJR Chevy - handling and FFB improved and better than ever
    • Mitsubishi Lancer R - handling improved and better than ever, but FFB is borderline excess pendulum effect
    • Mitsubishi Lancer RS - handling improved and better than ever, but FFB has excess pendulum effect
    • EDIT - ADD:
    • Opala '79 - too much grip; mild excess pendulum effect
    • Opala '86 - too much grip; significant excess pendulum effect
    • Old Stock - too much grip; mild excess pendulum effect
    I gave-up after that many because I proved my point. The vast majority of cars are fantastic and have never felt better. It's all WIP, so thanks Reiza for the continuous improvement philosophy. Based on this and the results above, I forgive you for letting unfinished Copa Classics slip into an official update. I will also thank you in advance for fixing them in the very next update--because unlike every other sim dev out there, I can almost be 100% sure this will happen.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you using Custom ffb because with Default ffb I have no ffb with these cars? My documents files deleted, integrity check of the game done.
    Caterham 620R, Academy and Superlight
    Porsche 911GT3 Cup both cars
    F3 both cars
    Formula Reiza
    Formula trainer and Formula trainer advanced
    Formula Ultimate
    Mclaren 720GT3
    Porsche 911 GT3
    Porsche Cayman GT4
    Kart125cc
    KartGX390
    Kart rental
    Kart125CC Shifter
    P1: AJR Chevy V8, AJR Honda, AJR Judd
    P4 : MCRS2000
    Superkart
    Mini CS

4. Marc Collins

I am using Default FFB. I have very good to excellent FFB with all cars. The absolute only issue with FFB I have is the one I described above with a small selection of vehicles. It is unpleasant, but certainly not undriveable and only affects heavy loading in corners.

I have never heard of anyone having a lack of FFB on only certain vehicles, but having it on others, even if they are using a custom FFB file. It either works or it doesn't work...usually. You must have some serious other issue...hopefully someone here will have some suggestions to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What does this mean?
    Steering lock is stopped / noticeable by FFB?
    At least with Karts it doesn't work with my Thrustmaster T150

6. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Was Copa Classic the class with sticky tires? As opposed to the other slidey vintage classes. I remember comparing the different vintage classes that share cars between them and CC was very different to the others. I'm not saying they should tip over, but I'm glad if they are true to the spec differences and that there are two very different specced Unos to choose from.

I'm not even ignoring AMS2, but fully immersed in 2077. Meanwhile AMS2 will get updates and new content. Now that's convenient.

You do realise the irony of course? According to hive mind, CP2077 is a buggy mess that hasn't been tested at all and has nothing going for it. It's unbelievable how people manage to ruin everything with negativity time and time again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Marc Collins

It means that the steering range of the cars (not our wheels) was adjusted. The only issue I noticed (and it may have already been the case) is the Ginetta G58 (P1) can't turn sharp enough to get out of small pit lanes (e.g., Oulton). This may be realistic, however impractical for the game to have to do a two- or three-point turn to get going in P and Q sessions.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. alink

Hoped it would be a stop on my wheel eventual, depending on the cars' steering range.
    But I can still turn my wheel about 1050° without any force change of the FFB although the cars steering range is only 900°, 400° or 180° as with the karts :(.
    Don't know why it does not work with my wheel. With AMS1 it worked well....

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Does at least something happen in steering force variation, if you increase front caster (and maybe additionally front camber) a lot? (try maximum, just for testing)

EDIT: oh, not apparent softlock is the issue, thought, there would be no FFB variation...my bad

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you set your steering wheel software with angle range in auto mode?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. alink

Don't know, have to check, thanks for advice.

12. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Which wheel do you have? Bumpstops according to DoR are there on my Simucube 2.

13. Ettore

Check cause if you don't have it in auto since different cars have different max steering angle your driving will be messed up

14. alink

the steering of my real and simulated wheel is synchronous, it fits wether the car like karts has 180° or the trucks with a much higher steering lock. That's not the problem. But I can turn the thrustmaster T150 completely to the end without any change of force-feedback although the simulated wheel stops when its range is at the end.

15. Ettore

I am not sure how your wheel is meant to react but when I go beyond the max range in my wheel it becomes much stiffer, but mine is a DD. Especially if you have a belt driven already cranked up to the max I'm not sure what your expectations could be in terms of added resistance to turn... Maybe someone with the same hardware can add some more specific experience

16. CrimsonEminence

Oh i misunderstood...so you are not receiving any soft lock.
    You have set "chossen by game" definetly on in your TM driver?
    Do you use the "Spring" channel? (without, it's possible, that it doesn't softlock with some games)
    My CSW basically hits a wall...the T150 is gear-belt hybrid by the way, it was even noticeable, when hitting a soft lock, when using a G27 (comparable counterpart).

17. alink

What I want to have is working like in AMS1. I did not change anything in controller control panel since AMS2. It is the same configuration as before.
    So, karts have a steering lock of 180°. The animated steering wheel rotates from -90° to +90°.
    If I steer with my Thrustmaster T150 wheel to -90°, then the animated wheel is on -90°. If I turn my wheel to +90° then the animated wheel is also at +90°. And if I turn to 0°, the animated is also at 0°.
    BUT: without any change of force or any stop I can turn my wheel further, to -100°/+100°, to -180°/+180°, to -500°/+500°, but the animated / simulated steering keeps at -90°/+90° (what is right).
    The issue is, why can I turn MY wheel further without any stop?
    In AMS1 when reaching the cars steering end, then MY wheel was also stopped in rotating with maximum force of FFB. It automatically was fitted to the current car. Means, with another car which has a steering range of -220°/+220° then MY wheel allowed also a steering of -220°/+220° and then was stopped by maximum force.

18. CrimsonEminence

Yes, that is called soft-lock, what you are missing. A force, that stops your wheel from further turning but isn't actually the full wheel lock, that's why it's a "soft" lock..

Could you post your wheel settings of your driver profile and ingame? (Screenshots) Maybe, something catches somebodys attention.^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone else think the formula V10 has too much rear grip..?

Set the TC to 100% (Off) and setup to default and drive around Bathurst super super aggressive. I can boot it very hard on my out laps coming out of The Cutting, The Dipper, Forrest Elbow, The Chase, Murrays Corner with only low to moderate slip. Nothing even close to throwing me into the wall or a spin and I am trying very hard to get some funky time even with some extra steering input as well.. It's a bumpy track too and it just seems too easy.. I am sure if I trimmed some downforce off and raised the ride height things will get a little hairy however I just thought I'd ask the question..

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

With non-TC cars, this would hurt realism. Since the cars have TC, it doesn't really matter much.

I've found that they react very similarly (on TC) to the way the real F1 cars did when I watched onboards in the early '00s. They even have the little wiggle that the cars would sometimes get, because it was a rudimentary form of TC that worked by making the engine misfire. That's what that gurgling sound is.

Compare this to the V10 in AMS1, which would lose control easily on maximum TC.

The most unrealistic thing about their tires now is the fact that they can be locked up all the time without significant damage.