1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The Ai driving over the curbs is one thing but the car bouncing (like on a pogo stick) up onto two wheels then continuing to bounce onto their "roof" is a much bigger problem imo. One of theaon things O hear from reviewers is (apart from no lift off oversteer and on throttle oversteer) is the ballon tyre simulator that AMS2 is becoming known as.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure the tires "softness" is a thing (I hated it so much since PC2) that needs looking in AMS2 and although incremental steps have already been seen, as discussed still there is a bit of ground to be made no doubt. And no doubt with time improvements will come for sure.

To the "purists" that are so fast to pass judgments, I would remind them the most popular sim right now drives like they have bricks instead of tires, suspensions more compliant than a Rolls Royce and a huge spring pulling the car down to the tarmac, but apparently their purism there is nowhere to be seen for those issues.
    Every time I see a streamer running over the kerbs of Variante Alta at Imola like if they were carpets in said "simulator" I am compelled to switch to another streamer before my "engineering purist" blood boils :D .. And there you can be reassured there won't be any improvements made at any point in time... Just saying :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

That makes sense... I'm using TrackIR, so I have to start the game in "non-vr' mode to adjust this stuff.
    G-force settings have 0 effect with TrackIR, which is fine. The head movement setting in my case, means 0 is locked to horizon/world, 100 means locked to the car(which is horrible...).
    I have it set to 25, and wouldn't go higher than 50ish personally.
    I will give legacy a try.
    Also, and maybe I should start a thread on this, or something; Since we cannot have (visible)seasons around the tracks, I would really love to see just 1 track in autumn colors. I believe one of the preview screenshots of Spa pre-release was showing this?
    Tell me what you think.

• Like Like x 1
  4. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

From what I can tell as a fellow TrackIR user, is that it is actually the other way around - 0 is view 'bolted' to the car and 100 is locked to horizon - because only legacy mode is working in TIR/VR mode anyway. Try it for yourself just to be sure - drive a few laps in non-VR mode not using the legacy option, then switch to either legacy or restart the game in VR mode. The difference is quite obvious, IMHO.

And yeah, having to run the game in non-vr mode just to adjust this setting is a nuisance.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m pretty sure someone from the dev team said (a long time ago) seasons with appropriate foliage is coming ....one day.

However, I wouldn’t hold your breath for that, I think it’s going to be pretty low priority.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Every one of the 'sims' fails to simulate this aspect of racing. Codies F1 20XX series may have its drawbacks but I think they have nailed the atmosphere of a proper race meeting better than any of the opposition.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think there is already one opened by Renato

https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...-discussion-feedback.14388/page-3#post-112244

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Precisely the ordering of priorities we expect from Codies. Glad those who like it have an outlet. I am thrilled we have a handful of sims where the physics take priority over the atmospherics.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Completely agree that physics is most important thing, but it does amuse me when our hardcore simracing chums start picking and choosing what counts as realism beyond that. So names floating above cars, having another steering wheel behind your own, or a floating virtual mirror is ok, but making something with great visual fidelity gets looked down upon. It's always been this way though :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 16
  10. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I was denied permission to enter this thread... Members only eh!:p
    Thanks for sharing anyway!:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

great find one of my favorite shows.

This is why I asked people if they even noticed diff locking issues etc.... you know what? No one really told me they did...

I drove the Porsche cars around (club ones/3.8's-club and others, but refering to the clubs here) and I understand now they are a part of a revision now. But I felt the bottom 3.8 was such a sweet drive. No I did not push it hard but maybe some people are.

Just wonder like in the physics thread (so called) if a desire to pander to the loudest voices will overcome the devs. Its always alluring to pander to such voices. But I am not against people speaking up - I am just wondering if certain things (myself included at times upon reflection) are meant to appeal to our pre-conceived notions.

I tell you why - I actually really liked that sim-drive... 3.8, kind of bouncy, i stayed away from the top one for no specific reason but did not mind the bottom one - then I stayed away from that too before I was done with it. Before I did I had a good time taking it around.

Cars can be tuned any number of ways I guess. I think some people are after the so-called quintessential driving experience - but tell me then, I would query them - why most people who play Asseto go for mods and oddball tracks. That quintessential allure, eh?

Some people called out the Porche - well.... - those same people should call out Asseto Corsa mods - (hehe!) they are rubbish!

Or how the superior title to many now - ACC - is not taking the world by storm.

Overall I didn't really find much fault with the 1.1 update. I only noticed things from 1.1.1 (or equivalent) which could be for any number of reasons.

If the GT is bouncing then I can and did deal with the clubs bouncing. This month I did not use them last month.

Agree. Though I do not use it just now, that kind of thing for example when you had that horizon setup with the v12's at Adelaide street circuit - the bouncing, the speed, the chaos of the engine in your ears, the eyes trying to stay steady, the pandemonium, the short reaction times...about 4 patches ago - was the kind of thing that dragged a lot of people into the title. All things being equal I know content is king as well, and the level of that content - but that kind of thing (which does still exist a fair bit) was unparalleled.

Yes when driving at speed the sense of capability should be there (as per your skill) as it is, but as always when in life and risk is involved, you don't fully/truly know what is going to happen ... until it happens... the bounce of the ball phenomenon. Yes, in a game like ACC things happen - but the code base of that game makes you understand from a human point of view - that the code base was designed so you could 'get it' and 'drive like a pro' - but you look at it closely and its shaped for you.

In other words there is no 'bounce of the ball' phenomonem, (like a lucky-grab Asetto Corsa mod lol and car package lol) ... there is only 'if you can put your x axis like this at second 45, then you can do y - all the time, every time...'

Not sure if thats a full explainer to it... OR you could say its not a reactive game, though a lot of it is, its a pre-reactive/planned game. I know things happen in the game like A.I doing something and mistakes etc, like chess and it changes future moves, but I am saying its a shaped thing. Some of the magic of racing is lost.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ai feedback..

This is happening with P1 & GT1 multi class at Spa as well..

Also slow through Blanchimont..

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  13. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible to get another start position in TT?
    It would be best just before the last slowest corner (like in Spa before final chicane) because like in Interlagos, where it is on main straight, you are missing the speed which you normaly have. So the first lap in TT is nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

This is a problem on a lot of the tracks in TT.
    But I agree that its irritating on longer tracks where you have to drive a "dummy" lap before you can try to really fight the world record for the track/car you have chosen :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not a TT person, but ist the same for al drivers so there is no problem in my opinion.

5ct

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Not in a competitive sense, no, but you're forced to waste your first lap.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I had a small collection of 1/18 scale models when I was a kid. Look what I just unearthed in my mum and dad’s attic while putting their Xmas decorations away... been there about 20 years..!
    7CA204C6-83BA-4C62-85D6-FC478DA0472E.jpeg

• Like x 15
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  18. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can turn back go as much as you like you will not be penalised and you can start the lap from where you like.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  19. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

But it would make more sense just to begin lapping a corner earlier.
    On most tracks lap 1 is wasted due to slow start.

• Agree Agree x 9
  20. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni Hey man, thanks for a beautiful but more importantly a thoroughly enjoyable sim. I've racked up around 1000 hrs on the other "big 4" sims, and man AMS2 impressed me properly, to the extend that the others are not getting any more love from me.
    Quick suggestion: Please add a save option per Championship, ie I want to be able to run 2 or 3 championships simultaneously and having a save option to continue each where I left off. Currently we can only run one championship at a time.
    Good job guys!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1