1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But there is another issue with MB CLK LM
    RPM bar / shifting lights do not fit to engine performance.
    If shifting with shifting lights you will waste engine performance. You have to shift much earlier before a light glows up.
    MBCLK.jpg
    In telemetry it looks like that for optimum performance shifting should be at 7000rpm:
    MBpower.JPG
    As I know many V8 powered cars have a similar issue, for example the F-classic G3M3 (V8) or the GT3 McLaren 720s. If going till max rpm then performance is wasted.
    McLaren 720s GT3 power curve:
    MCpower.JPG

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hard to say why... But if you put it in perspective, it wasn't that long since F1 saw the first semi-auto 'boxes. Until 1993 included the majority of the F1 teams were still on manual h-pattern gearboxes so I guess it was more normal for drivers to memorize which gear they were on?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

RST!

5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

A player once asked an on online reviewer (one of the wiser ones, like a chocolate bar) asked why his pc2 gt3 car was slower at Bathurst.
    Change up earlier before power esp torque drops off. was the answer
    In this game work in progress hud is best watch power/torque drops when reaching rev limit. esp for big v6s
    Edit Unless you have something like mentioned by @2ndLastJedi
    Or above. I have neither so limited to hud

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Thankfully SumHub lets you set redline to flash gear when you want, I've driven most cars and watched power/torque drop off and set SimHub accordingly ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. alink

Sorry, but I think it is a little bit stupid to use another utility because the own meter goes wrong, isn't it?
    I mean, my speedometer in my (private street-) car should go right otherwise I will go to garage to fix it. I don't want to build in another utility and calibrate it as good as I can only to have shown the correct speed nearly, that's nonsense.

8. alink

If you fight with your car and opponents, I don't think that you always can remember how often you have shift up or down. To indicate the selected gear that is not an invention of 21st century and you don't need an iPhone or Apps or something else. A simple 7 segment display and a simple microchip... a little bit software, very easy...;)

9. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

I would simply like the Hud option of analogue speedo with dial not just numbers more so for rev with indicator dial. When hud is finished we should have more ie off min full and tyre temps for all options. Agreement with crew chief of state of tyres also, it contradict display sometimes. Game or app fault I dont know

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Cars in AMS 2 already have this functionality. Some vehicles like the ARC Camaro with its super high-revving motorcycle engine are better shifted well before redline in most instances. The HUD will indicate a necessary shift before the engine hits redline on that same HUD. Whether the car itself has that technology varies from car to car and how advanced the electronics are in the car.

In the olden days you had a needle inside the tach that would delay after you shifted/reduced revs so you could see what rpm you hit (and whether you accidentally over-revved the engine). That was in F1--such a technology advancement over regular cars! That's it--you were on your own for the rest.

Most sequential transmissions come with some sort of gear indicator, because you do not have the physical placement of the shifter to remind you, as with an H-pattern box. There are still very basic cars out there that expect you to drive by your wits--the F-Trainer is an example in AMS 2. No shift indicator. It has a lowly over-rev light (that isn't working yet in AMS 2). Is that light in real life set to red line or some typical optimal shift point (that might be a bit below red line)? I would guess the latter since they want students to be afraid ;)

I think there a a lot of tweaks left before all cars in AMS 2 are completely finished in this regard.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

Shift points are gearing dependent...and don't happen at peak hp. The intent is to maximize the area below the curve. That said, I agree that you don't want to wait until redline in many cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would agree.. You would have to ask Mercedes why they did what they did mate

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

It may be stupid to you but for me I have my screens close enough that I can't see the ingame car dashes so these "stupid" utility is a blessing and really improved my game play so much!
    I wasn't implying to not fix the ingame issues, simply stating that for those who can't see the in game dash and those who may want and extra screen that SimHub increases what's available and adds features not already in game.

As for the shift point, some cars do rev well past the ideal shift point (ingame and irl) so I don't think the ingame dash will ever show the prefered shift point, unless we get a shift light that has an adjustable flash point just like you can buy for you own race/street or Sim rig, or you can also use this great utility called SumHub that is fully customisable with many more options than I think we could ever get ingame ;)

14. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Actually in pcars 2 in the hud the rev widget recommends to shift at around 8200rpm for the Mercedes GT1, I think is pretty accurate.

15. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

It would be awesome if they put a car dyno int the menu for each car like in the AC.

16. alink

... I think for semi-prof or private motorsport it is OK if you have to figure out what's the best shifting rpm but as a prof race driver in a prof racing team of an world-wide company, sorry I can't belive that the driver and the team is satisfied with such a technic. The driver has to win races and not to guess when the optimum shifting point is. Just a little bit before the first light glow or something between the first and second.... or maybe the third?? No, I'm sorry.
    But there is no argument which makes me happy and I would like to finish this topic. If it is right as it is then it is as it is otherwise it should be fixed.

17. Daniel Forster

Daniel Forster DDiggler :)

Anyone else ffb going off mid race
    Csl elite ps4

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

@Daniel Forster
    Known problem that happens to some users .The Devs know about it but can't reproduce it by now.
    They are lookin into it and try to find out what causes this.Happens to Beta Testers too and has nothing to do with wheels of a special brand.:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Daniel Forster

Daniel Forster DDiggler :)

Cool thanks

20. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I suppose it isn't a shift light but a rev limit warning.

Edit: Nice RST graphs!