1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

The new update is making me question a lot.
    Prob just going to take time too dial it in, as there's been such big changes.
    Most of the cars are doing very strange things, and seem so off, lap to lap.
    Also looking into the telemetry why the inputs from Throttle and Brake are so off.
    Even with 5% Input the car still applies 100%.
    Throttle wise the remaining 95% does nothing.
    Nothing changes even with sensitivity changes on my pedals or the game.
    Or deadzone changes.
    You would expect that at 50% throttle you could hold the car at 5k and slowly apply more to build the rpm, and release/lower the rpm with the % input.
    But it just flys to redline even with 5% input, you then apply the remaining 95% and there is no change.
    Something is very off, you can try for yourself.
    The same applies for the brake aswell.
    This has to be a major factor with the cars/differential issues.
    This really needs looking at and could be more of an issue than first thought.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

I stand to be corrected, nut noticed this on the Conrod Straight (Bathurst) and and on the straight leading to Tamburello.

3. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Have you tried calibrating pedals in the settings menu.

This is something I've noticed too a little, general memory. Thought maybe next time I myself would calibrate to see. Have not tried yet. But definitely less throttle distance than I'd expect maybe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Yes tried calibrating/every setting in the book, but has little to no effect even with very extremes

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Tracks edge (Kemmel for example) is also pulling me pretty early and quite a lot actually. A bit would be actually not that surprising, but it took me by surprise several times with several cars, while not even hitting the white line at Kemmel.^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the x2 reference refers to the update received last week which was closely followed by the “hot fix”” v1.1.0.5.1465 which was 787mb. I did not look at size of first one but sounds like combined they were 1.6gb. Just check your version number and you should be fine.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

hehe, strange things are happening at Velopark with AI...
    first time
    ss164350.jpg
    second
    ss164358.jpg
    third
    ss164405.jpg
    OK, now it seems to be enough bouncing, back to race....

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

The Input in my pedals is fine and tallies up perfectly with the game inputs.
    But it doesn't tally up with the cars inputs/rpm/engine/braking.

5% my pedals input
    5% game settings input
    This matches up across the board from 1-100

But the cars don't match at all.
    5% and the car is bouncing off the redline, the rpm just keeps rising.
    The remains 95% travel affects nothing in the rpm range.
    How can this be so, the rpm should match up throughout pedal travel.
    Or cars would be very off in real life.
    I'm sure this could be a major factor in the characteristics of the driving feel.

9. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

@Demichkd, why disagree have you ever driven a car, or are you just a numpty who disagrees for a laugh ?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good to know that I am not the only one with such problems.
    At Nord, between Flugplatz and Aremberg, is also such an issue and I do not think this is a track camber reason.
    If it would be track camber, different surfaces or something similar, than it would be great to have such reaction but there is nothing....

11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any particular car/track combo where this happens? Tried Merc 190 EVO at Brands and the telemetry looks normal (just don't look at the wheel spin graph if you had lunch recently).

12. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just letting you know I am not having that experience. Yes driven many cars and not trying to gain a laugh. Always assume good intentions. I’ll undo rating for you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Simmo, I am not seeing this either, I tried a few cars and even in neutral I need to give them 12%-15% throttle input in order to redline them. Much more when in gear of course.

With which cars do you see this? Maybe some problem in the settings? I would reset my options completely and try again to see if this still happens..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Same experience in the "Flatschach" section in Spielberg Historic 1974 with Formula Retro.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Guys can you please test the same tracks with rain and see if there are puddles on the parts of the track you are facing this odd behaviour in dry conditions?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

@cpcdem,
    This is the exact problem I'm seeing myself in all cars, how is this low percentage of throttle or brake input causing this to happen.
    If you hold the throttle at 10% for example, why is it redlining?
    Once then at redline, the following 90% input or reduction affects absolutely nothing in the rpm range.
    I don't know how this is happening but it isn't even close to being correct, real life or sim.
    I've reset all my settings and it has no effect.

I know an engine especially in race spec can hit redline alot easier because of less inertia/torque but prob around 20-30 % min input, and the climb would be gradual.
    But 10% input and it flys to redline is way out, plus the fact inputting the following 90%, then letting off back to the initial 10% and not a change in the rpm, no drop, no sound change, nothing.
    Maybe they don't have the inertia/torque curves built into the madness engine?

17. CrimsonEminence

There are several possibilites and i actually would like to know a bit more about this, because it sounds interesting:

-Most important point, to isolate the issue more, unlikely but sometimes things are weird:
    Make sure, all your pedal axis sensitivity settings ingame are set to 50, not to 100, because 50 is actually linear. (This is a weird remnant of the ISImotor times, carried over to the Madness Engine)

-Engine inertia could be too low, but really strange, if it would affect all cars in the game.

-Torque map could be weird, but also here, the cars have their individual properties here and it seems weird, if it is working wrong for all. But i think, you are aware, that torque delivery isn't ideally linear for combustion engines.

-other strange black magic, i'm unable to fathom :D

If anything, that isn't connected to your settings, is indeed weird, it could indeed have influence on the driveline. I can't really reconfirm strange behaviour on throttle at this magnitude, though.

It could also help, to have your hardware in the signature, btw., in case a bug with certain hardware occurs, it will certainly ease the search of the culprit, if it isn't a physics specific issue.

Torque curves are implemented. The F-Ultimate even has an unique torque curve for every gear, for example.

18. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Yes I run 50 linear settings.
    I'm actually interested in this as well, because this lack of inertia could be linked to the entire way the cars drive in general, on throttle, off throttle, driveline, differential, could also be linked as to why the cars are so sensitive in certain situations/corners/inputs.
    If this is set way too low it could cause major issues.

19. CrimsonEminence

Could you name some cars, that you find extremely affected? Or are they all showcasing the same for you?

20. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

The best test is just sit in neutral, access the hud which shows your pedal inputs.
    Slowly depress the throttle pedal, at around 10% it just hits redline, all other inputs then affect nothing at all.

Might be my hardware but I don't get this in any other sim, so I'm a but lost on this.