1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It could be multiple factors like maybe tires size? But like I said you take the same car and bring it to another track and it will not happen. I've raced extensively F1 Classic Gen3 and out of the 4 races we did in our championship it happens only at Jacarepagua' only on the pit straight and at every lap. If I drive down the straight a bit more towards the center it does not occur. It is clearly track related. Nothing to do the the sudden side pull from FFB.

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Bathurst straight line speed issue with the Ai for GT1.

More Info Here: Ai | Artificial Intelligence

ps: can we please have the vehicle manufacturer emblem on all timings/monitor/HUD lists..!?!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fullscreen to windowed performance is very different. Same settings fullscreen gets 180 fps but windowed only gets 119. MSI after burner showing GPU % use when windowed is only 69% compared to 99% when in fullscreen. With the lower GPU % usage temps also lower temps. Is this difference in performance expected?
    Windowed.png Fullscreen.png

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Do you have a 120Hz monitor? I have a feeling your GPU framelimits to 120 fps (or just under in this case) when in Windowed mode.
    Another thing is when in windowed, less resources are made available to the game as the rest of the OS needs to remain directly accessible. If it should give you 30% less use of the GPU or not, I dunno so double check if the game is being frame limited in windowed mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

only Reiza Studios can tell us what is really causing this effect on the roadway. we hope it will be fixed in the next update :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

I am missing something or there is really no temperature information on the HUD. In general, the cars I use do not have such markers on the dashboard. The team information (text messages) says nothing about heating (configured in authentic / full mode). As a result, some races were ruined by an "blow engines" after a few laps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the group C cars wil make it all beter

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or just use more radiator opening.... with 40-50% you shouldn't have any issue, at least I don't have.
    But it is true, there is no engine-temp info in HUD or with the 'silent' spotter.
    With a telemetry tool like I use from RST you can read out engine temps.

• Like Like x 1
  9. alink

Hopefully they can, telling us and fix it.....
    But I like such intersting discussions when getting feedback of the experience of others and therefore it is a great community :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. alink

Car + track depending?
    Mainly at the edge of the track but it also can happen in the middle. But if taking another line, like driving around a puddle, it won't happen. So it is strange, scary and a lost in trust into the car....
    But be optimistic that REIZA can solve and fix the issue or merchandise it as a special effect.

11. Ettore

LOL it's not such a crazy pull... It feels like there is a sort of groove in the track that leads off of it and a reasonably moderate force on the wheel is capable to control it once you know it's going to happen. So far in the two-three tracks where it appeared it was always when driving close to the side. Moving half a car inside was enough not to feel it anymore. No biggie from the driving side but Reiza may want to look at some of their meshes to see if there is something weird at times

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Ettore

Even using crew chief it will tell you when your temps are high

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

In Spielberg historic you can see and feel the "groove" in the tarmac. It´s very noticeable with the Formula Gen 1 nearly the end of the back straight, and the straight before the last long corner.

The effect on the car is the same as people are describing here.

I noticed this "pull" on the car on other several tracks and cars also, but without noticing any visible tarmac "groove" or visible change in the asphalt. Kemmel straight at Spa is one of them, it happened to me driving the M1 Procar if I remember right.

14. aeronpet

aeronpet New Member

just my 2 cent´s: for me it feels a lot like there is not much "pull" from the grass, but a push from the wheel thats still on track.... If I roll off the track, there is a limited amount of breaking caused by the grass which pulls you a little off track. If I accelerate and one rear wheel gets on gras the amout of "push" from the wheel on track is quite high, depending on the differential setting. I did no research on this, nor I have race car experience in real life, but I can imagine that there might be some rotation caused by the different grip levels on both weels combined with the defoult locking force of the differential.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Not the manufacturer emblem, but the vehicle designation, yes. We need to know how we are competing with others (human or AI) in the same car, not just the same class.

Since many classes contain multiple vehicles from the same manufacturer, that isn't a useful level of granularity.

16. Coanda

Can you please give one example..?

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

How about several:
    • CC-B has two cars from VW (Gol, Passat)
    • CC-A has three cars from VW (Gol, Passat, Fusca)
    • Hot Cars has four VW's
    • P1 has four Metalmoros and one Ginetta...and since the P classes are designed to be mixed...
      • P2 has a Metalmoro
      • P3 has two Metalmoros
      • P4 has one Metalmoro
    • Porsche Carrera Cup has (surprise) two Porsches
    • Lancer has two Mitsubishis
    • Ginetta GT4 Supercup makes sense to mix with other GT4's where we have almost the identical car
      • Oh, and let's not forget that P and GT classes get mixed, so there are already Ginettas in GT5 and P1, too
    May have missed some, but I trust that is enough examples :)

18. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Surely it should be in the game not a 3rd party app? And Crewchief afaik won't give u specifics just warnings which usually means it's too late and you engine is going to blow unless your near the end of a race. It makes for example Classic Gen 1 f1 cars a lottery on the amount of boost to set and it isn't adjustable in the cockpit afaik

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Coanda

Thanks Marc.

I don't undertand the issue whereby the Ginetta is in GT4, GT5 and P1 class.. The class is already present on the various lists and differentiating that so having a Ginetta emblem wouldn't be an issue for multi class racing.

I get the CC-B, CC-A, P1 Conundrum.. For the four P1 Metalmoros it could possibly be split by engine manufacturer.. Or not. I mainly want to differentiate the G58 and Metalmoros.

What do you propose to have on the timings and monitor list as well as the HUD timings that won't take up too much room..?

Currently when racing in GT3 or GT1 there is no way to tell what vehicle manufacturer it is by looking at the various onscreen timings/position lists..

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  20. Ettore

If you noticed the HUD with the tachometer cannot be set to full yet. This means Reiza will likely drop a full version that I would assume will contain the full info similarly to PC2 for instance. In the meantime if you can do more than 3 laps of practice you will be able to see if the engine is overheating. Not saying it is the right way I am saying we can still work around it until the development is completed. Also usually if you stay at 30-40% opening of radiator I did not come across any engine failure. If you want to run 10% opening then you should not be surprised if it fails right?