1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

i just set the setup to default, exit garage, immediately return to pits and then load my old setup again. seems to work this way as far as i could see yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

At least the Group A BMW is now controlable and the feeling of weight in the rear has improved.Good one,Gracie!
    :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok just thuroughly tested A.I. which after last update have completely lost it in the wet. Afraid to say, its just as bad, now with this update, on wets or drys they completely fall apart when it rains half way through a session they slow down and pretty much give up, like a Sunday drive, dunno whats happened but just cant race the A.I. in changing weather now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

P3 Roco at Suzuka is interesting..

You get them.. They get you back.. You get them..

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Without participating too much in the moaning about should or should not TT LBs be resat every other week - then I have just checked the change of TT grip out in the F-Reiza/Goiania combi.
    And my assesment is that the grip is NOT back to what it was before the update!;)

I conclude this both from the feeling of the car and grip when on track - but also from my laptimes now and before.:cool:

But this is not again a moaning and quarrelling post - mainly because this car is still one of my favorite cars in AMS2.
    And eventhough the car still feels slightly "downgraded" - then I still love this car when I compare it against similiar cars in Raceroom, pCars2 and even rF2.
    Hehe lets forget iRacing in this context.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Why Im pretty sure of this is because the track is so simple to drive and Im able to consistently outpour laps within the same 1/100 secs.
    Lap after lap.;)
    So it is pretty easy to compare against similiar laptimes before the update.

ByTheWay2: A funny thing upon this is that I tried to reset the compare setup.
    And then re-input values. And I was actually a bit faster now.
    About 1/075 sec faster :D

6. Andy Ainsworth

Andy Ainsworth New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure exactly how you did it but the McLaren GT3 feels superb. Also the ffb is far better. I'm no longer using a custom file that I found online.
    Really liking the way this is heading.
    Many Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also, please save the "tilt" angle of the seat with each car. It seems only the horizontal and vertical seat position are saved.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Disagree. The tyres still feel mushy and the rear slides away in slow corners in a sloppy way that just doesn't happen in other sims. Needs more work.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The slip streaming was better when reduced in previous update as before then it was a bit like hitting a turbo button, but now its back to that again. Not keen on this change

10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I said controlable,not perfect.FFB is fine to me
    With wich "others Sims" do you compare it,just curios asking?:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Does anyone know what the hotfix at about 19.50z was about? circa 106.4mb..

12. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleted.

13. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Completely agree. The first car I went to test was the M3 at Interlagos (last combo I tested on the previous update) and the weird way the rear slides at slow corners, and the snap oversteer with minimum slip angle, are still there.

I think I will stop driving the DTM and M1 cars until the drivetrain and tyre physics updates settle, hopefully in the coming months, because I'm getting frustrated with those cars right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Agreed on the handling characteristics, but I don't think we'll have to wait months...just weeks ;)

One problem is that in the middle of all the tire and diff changes, the car also got its proper transmission installed. So, unless you are a heel-and-toe expert, you better not be down shifting while braking and turning into a corner. The kickback from the gears if not expertly rev matched will now turn the car violently.

As for the diff, try the same car and track combo with the LSD set to 8 or even 10 clutches instead of the default 2. That will help reveal what part of the tricky handling is tires versus powertrain.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Coanda

I also suspect it is too influential in some scenarios..

Looking forward to the future when they properly implement the wind physics model.

16. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Double post deleted

17. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really loving where AMS2 is at present. I pretty much keep my other sims around just for curiosity at this point, rather than any consistent usage. With Karsten's latest FFB the driving in AMS2 is just sublime with all the cars I care about. Also loving the Ginetta G40, apart from the lack of wipers/lights in the Cup version. However I also think the GT5 AI is probably a bit overpowered compared to the player. At 95% AI difficulty it's very hard to make a podium finish on any track, where I can easily manage this with most other classes at 95%. Compared to yours truly GT5 AI can carry way more speed into corners and acceleration out of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

A few series are quite a bit faster than usual now...until Reiza recalibrates them.

19. Coanda

Is AMS2 planned to have race weekend tyre set management..?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems an issue related to heat build up.

Merc and M1 are perfectly fine in practice starting with cold tires but as soon as temperatures approach 80 mark they become suspiciously "slidey" on the back up to uncontrollable state around 90 (and it's very easy to reach those values after just three laps).

Doing a quick race, already starting at 75 or similar, handling is critical since the beginning and the E30 (the most ovesteery one) is almost impossible to drive since lap one: at Brands you will almost certainly finish your race at first corner.

When working properly (<70 deg) IMHO they are very nice to drive anyway.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2