1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can't and that makes the current championships infeasible on low-end machines. Project CARS 2 had the same issue, and the career mode races were restricted to 12 AI opponents IIRC.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

I have not the final answer of why the laptimes and often also the feeling of the car is different dependent of what mode (like practice or TT) you activate.
    Even if you with your settings technically establish completely the same track, car, tire, weather circumstances.

But we dont have to go all the way back to Grammonds games to see the same issue in other racing games.
    I can remember in iRacing where it was completely impossible to establish the same circumstances between a practice and a TT session.
    Even if you technically did set the 2 sessions up the same way.
    It was both easy to see the difference in the laptimes but also feel it in the car behavioring.

ByTheWay: When I say "Practice" then I mean single player with no AI bots and no wear and tire degradation - technically like a TT session. ;)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

yes, my current pc is not the newest machine, but it handles the game quite well, no big framerate drops (like in geoff crammonds games) when i do races with a big pack of ai. use fraps from time to time and fps seems to be ok and quite stable. only situation, where i suffer from lower framerates (clearly visible, without using fraps or any other software) is when driving under changing weather conditions, which i simply avoid before having a new pc. another issue is a micro stuttering when ai enters pits during races (not in quali or practice). the latter might be a bug, as it does not occur on every track.

but i will follow your advice and try some races with different amounts of opponents. thanks for your input.

4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Ok, have tested it now. 4 very short races (5 laps) on same track starting from P1 in clear weather with different numbers of AI (3, 10, 15 and 25 opponents).
    When it comes to framerates, there is no big difference. Only at starts, when the field is packed together and I get attacked due to my poor starting skills, the fps drops a little bit with 26 opponents compared to 3 according to Fraps software. By far not enough to be visible for my eyes, no stuttering or something like that, game runs like a flaw and my poor old PC obviously can handle the game pretty well, as long as I do not activate changing weather conditions.

There was no difference according my average laptimes, just the same in all 4 races. But I could not reach my average times (not to speak about my best) in "Test Day" mode by some tenths of a second, I tried to push really hard during some laps of my races, though. So, I guess it has something to do with that Live Track thing and/or how physics work during race weekends.

5. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to add to the previous post the same problem occurs after a couple of laps with the GT3 Mclaren 720s with default setup.

6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Today i bought the nurburgring dlc pack from store. But when i try to race in these track i get a crash with this warning

Untitled.png

Any idea what could be wrong?

7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Verify AMS2 file integrity on Steam.

8. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Yep, that was the issue. One file failed in the process and steam re-downloaded for me. Thanks! :)

9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista 2 has now been updated to V1.1.1.3 - this is another complementary update to our latest release, adding some further improvements and corrections.

The most significant development involves physics & AI under wet weather, correcting various performance inconsistencies accross all cars under the various combinations of tires and wetness saturation levels.

V1.1.1.1 -> V1.1.1.3 CHANGELOG

UI & HUD
    • Fixed Time Trial info incorrectly hiding current lap time in live sessions
    • Adjusted element/text size of audio device and controller model selection inputs to better suit long names
    • Exposing assignments for Gear 7 & 8 and Telemetry HUD mode switching
    • Added GT1 and G40C to vehicle filter definitions

PHYSICS
    • Further substantial reduction of slick adhesion on a wet track
    • Further adjustments to wet tires for various cars
    • Disabled legacy manifold pressure function (now solely using our own AMS1-based throttle mapping to adjust throttle response for each engine)
    • Disabled redundant legacy function applying aero torque to the frontend when car was airborne (could cause cars to nosedive after getting airborne)
    • Further adjusted aero draft effects
    • Corrected tire tread dimensions for Copa Classic, F-Trainer
    • Fixed error in Group A / Procar front tire tread
    • Fixed error in F-Ultimate tires speed effect
    • Adjusted tire tread optimal temperature range for Caterhams, ARC Camaro, Copa Truck
    • Minor default setup adjustments for Metalmoro AJR, Sigma P1, Metalmoro MRX, Roco 001, Mclaren 570S, Mclaren 720S GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3, Porsche GT3-R, Porsche Cup & all Copa Classic cars (setup reset recommended)
    • Metalmoro AJR: Small aero revisions; adjusted engine compression curves for Nissan V6 & Honda Turbo variants; Disabled redundant DRS icon for Nissan V6 & Honda turbo variants
    • Slightly reduced crankshaft mass for F-Trainers, MCR, ARC Camaro (less engine inertia)
    • F-Retro: Small aero revisions to all cars
    • Disabled AJR DRS icon for V6, Honda variants
    • Reduced F1 pitstop tire change timings

AI
    • Added car-specific overrides for AI performance on a wet track (on slicks & wet tires) & added new parameter to callibrate AI performance with wet tires on a drying track
    • Further AI callibration passes
    • Further slightly reduced AI CoG height scale to minimise chances of AI cars rolling over high curbs
    • Slightly raised AI lateral movement rate for overtaking & passing boosts (to mitigate getting stuck on straights)
    • Slightly reduced AI braking point offset
    • Reduced AI lifting off throttle over puddles to 50%
    • Slightly increased range of performance from AI drivers

TRACKS
    • Nurburgring: Minor art pass & fixes
    • Revised VR trackside cams at Silverstone & Spa-Francorchamps to disable DOF blur (ongoing process to be applied to all tracks)
    • Further weather probability adjustments (slightly less rain in rainy locations)
    VEHICLES
    • Fixed missing wiper animations on Ginetta G40 Cup & Ginetta G55 GT4
    • Added Dirt/Scratch map for F-Retros, Lotus 72E, Mclaren M23 & Brabham BT44
    • Analogue gauges now light up when lights are on

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 27
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Can someone give any clue of the optimal tire temps per car or it is something of a devs secret intellectual property ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

***Oh forget about it, read pressures for some reason, EDITED*** (Tire pressures are no magic numbers so it depends on aero, camber, suspension etc.)

Don't ever go over 100°C if you want well working tires. You definetly notice, when tires reach optimal temps, though. They begin to feel way better and your laptimes improve consistently. Also a matter of trying. Most tires start to work okay at 70-75°C already and go good at 80-85°C imo.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Generally speaking, tire temp HUD on the green range indicates tires are inside their optimal temp range (blue is under the optimal range, yellow / orange / red over optimal temp).

Road tyres and semi-slicks peak in between 78-84º; historical & club level slicks at 90-95º, and high performance GT / formulas at 95-100º - anything within 10º of those should be inside the optimal range.

Going over temp even if temporarily and / or pulling big slides with softer slick compounds on a relatively hot track can cause tyre graining / blistering, which will at best require some careful managing until the damage is worn off, or at worse a pitstop for fresh rubber.

And yeah, this is important info to feature in-game - we´re working on it :)

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 13
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Great news, hope we also get torque&hp graphs as well.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

OK - thanks.
    Running TT in the F-Reiza on Interlagos Historic then its only possible to run one(1) single lap before both front tires get orange and still inside lap 2 they get blood red.:rolleyes:
    Hehe and begin melting I guess:confused:

15. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Great news, hope we also get water&oil graphs temps as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

You must loosen your handbrake....:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Oh your evil man :D
    But seriously I thought that it was because of my speziale setup:rolleyes: - but then I grabbed one of the other setups and the result was the same:eek:

Hehe a further indication that something is off is that I can see on others ghosts that they set their laptimes on the 1st lap.;)

ByTheWay: Doesnt a handbrake allways brake the rear wheels?:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

If this is the only bug,it will be fixed soon(TM).

19. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Probably At start of TT lap good indicator

20. sedesa tatasa2

sedesa tatasa2 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

Too slippery

• Disagree Disagree x 1