1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

KK was really good for me up until a few builds ago before they re-did the FFB. Driving karts in the 15-20 Nm range is sweet. To be fair I have not tried this weeks update though, which suggests they re-did the FFB again.. I hope they managed to fix it because for me when you pushed the tyre over the limit the drop off in FFB was too extreme. It made it feel odd with counter steering maneuvers too kind of like there is a massive notch in the FFB..

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. sedesa tatasa2

sedesa tatasa2 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

There is not enough grip within the grip limit.
    There is no problem outside the grip limit.
    Probably there is a problem with the adhesive strength of the tire.

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Good point - and I agree fully:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Are you just reffering to carts or all cars?. just curious.

Sidenote

[​IMG]
    Makes me laugh every time I see this,
    I saw him do the exact thing at Monaco when I was lucky enough on birthday treat many moons ago. Plenty to look at there!:eek:

• Like Like x 5
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you want to separate things by its elements here is a recipe:
    1.) take the GT1 class
    2.) do a qualifying
    3.) start a race
    4.) wait about 30 till 45 min
    5l) well done, the mixed field is separated into its elements successfully
    6.) you have: MercedesBenz on top, McLaren in the middle and Porsche at the bottom
    Just start the procedure and wait several minutes, it's working better than any technical centrifugal machinery :)
    Effectiveness: 100%
    ss140240.jpg
    Sorry, just a silly joke :D

6. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I could think in a random distribution of the Ai skill:
    20% = skill +10
    60% = skill
    10% = skill -10
    10% = skill -20

it would represent a different skill scale, up to a customizable skill for each opponent in the future, from Fangio to Sunday driver

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be honest the reply was on the bumpiness of the grass as far as I remember and on that side I agree.
    Regarding grass grip I agree that some times the car seems to endless spin left and right rather than going straight forward even with a touch of gas. But I don't remember the subject being really touched seriously in the past.
    On the other side what is seen for instance on AC/ACC where you basically can have lateral force with two wheels on the grass and keep driving is quite unrealistic IMHO...

8. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did think the same thing about the time stamp...

9. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

... Also, another guy from my league has reported mapping the g29 shifter/Leo Bodnar adaptor to 3rd/4th gear for sequential, it's selected and shows up in menu. Go into game and again the game fails to recognise/use those mapped buttons.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Sequential shifters aren't the same as h-pattern for controller button action. One is a pop on/off and the other is a hold on. I wouldn't expect something to work unless it is designed from the outset to be a sequential.

11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I understand this is not the right place however this topic briefly popped up here yesterday.

The new KartKraft FFB is back on track and feeling nice. Please send some love to this tiny aussie dev team.. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

If it has triple support i shall buy it, if no triples not for me.

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as i know, they introduced tripple screen support late last year. No clue, how good it runs, you might need to do some Dr.Google research on that side.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I think KartKraft shares a similar raw driving feel with AMS2 in VR at least. I instantly liked that part about it. Hooks you in from lap 1. Plus why not give another indie dev some love :cool:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

Indeed triples in supported and it is installing as i type this :) Looks great.
    Aussies also, that is nice ;) Had to buy just for that reason.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would completely agree to the behaviour if the kart looses its balance, jumping, shaking and looses grip when driving over curbs which have 'tooth'. But it isn't this, it is like hitting glue, similiar to the problems I and others had / have on other tracks where the car suddenly pulls to the side or when hitting roadlines.
    But you are right and I agree, the karts in AMS2 feel very real and I love to drive them. Sadly I can not drive at Speedland in real, it is too far away (about 10.000km):(

17. 2ndLastJedi

My biggest annoyance with the Karts is the fact i am stuck with the virtual wheel on!! Why cant this be disabled when set to off in the menus? It really ruins immersion having 2 steering wheels!!

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

There are other vehicles too with that "problem" (if i remember correctly most of the formula cars). And also one other issue is that karts are too snappy (because of the 180 dor). Would love to see a steering option that can help with the steering abruptness of the karts..

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

180° is completely realistic, though. Karts are also that sensitive in real life. Regarding the glue-ish kerbs, no clue if AMS2 does it totally right.

And i agree, that steering wheel "off" really should mean "Steering wheel off"! This is a really strange design decision, made for this engine back then.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. 2ndLastJedi

Stupidly even the newer cars like one of the Ginetta's that doesn't even have any dash on its steering wheel still has a fix wheel !! That boggles my mind as to why this is a thing in a racing sim.. Off should mean off no matter what, if i loose my dash because i want it off then so be it, it should be gone. I have SimHub for all that anyway.

As for the snappiness of the karts, that's what they are like from my experience, the 180 wheel rotation means fine inputs and quick reactions are required. If you have a laggy setup i can see that being a bit of a problem but for a sim its great. Saying that, i'm still 2-3 seconds of the fast guys so there is plenty to learn on my part :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2