1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

By the time this game has truly slowed down on its updates this noob is going to be a set up genius;):D

Seriously, when I got the game I just thought it would be fun racing but the unintended ( or more simply unrealised by me) side effect of joining a game in its early release stage is I’ve actually started to learn way more than I ever imagined.

I’m a happy little bunny

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh im with you on that, I'd prefer all existing content and software to be perfected over getting new content even. And if it gets delayed thats fine with me as I know it would be because Reiza are hard at work on summit they want sorted before release. But it still aint gunna stop me from being excited about it, i look forward to every new update like a kid looking forward to christmas!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

That sounds good."Yay!":)

4. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's always good stuff coming up, don't read too much into Ettore's comment and instead let Reiza manage the hype. :)

5. Tarmac Terrorist

I've been really getting back into setups, not just in AMS2 but in all sims, its amazing what can be done! Some cars are released with a setup that may be perfect for Peter but not for Paul (suits one's driving style, does'nt suit the other), and a new car that you've been really looking forward to may be setup in such a way that you find it very dissapointing to drive. But tinkering with the setup can make it much more suited to you, in some case's with cars with very adjustable setups, you can find so much variability you might be able to start loving a car that previously drove you nuts!

If its of any interest to you, there was a post on the AMS2 Facebook group about a handling issue with the Mclaren 720's GT3, it mentioned a characteristic I had also noticed, so I decided to put this together to explain what I'd done to change it to suit. Its in two parts, link to second part in the discription. Hope it helps with setups in general, (unless of course you've already discovered these things).

Im loving the Time trail mode in AMS2, for testing setups its great! And having a record of you're best lap times is so useful when it comes to setting up skill levels for the A.I.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

Damn right! I look forward to the fix'es and build updates as much (if not sometimes more) than I do new Content. However I would be lying if I said I was'nt MEGA excited about the new Omega! (or Vauxhall Lotus Carlton), this one is a bit of a thing for me, been a thing since I was very young. However its funny with these things, I could be setting myself up for a massive dissapointment because, I never got to drive one in IRL and even IRL, that couldstill happen and I could find out its actually a horrible drive, let alongn the virtual version. You know that old saying, never meet your heros and all that. Guess its like folks who had that poster of a 911 on their wall as a kid and drooled over it, but then later on in life got to drive one and had their image of it trashed when they found out they actually hated driving it.
    That sounds a bit pesimistic so I'll say thats not always the case. Anyway, lets see I guess! Do hope the A.I. performance in the rain is improved even further, they're so much better now, but still a good 20% off their race ability in the dry, which makes race's against the a.i. with changing weather still not an option for me

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

It can't be delayed if there is no target date. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Ah but there is "our next major update should arrive as usual towards the end of February", if its late cause theres more polish needed though, so be it!

9. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Let’s collect the bets. It is on Friday night.:p

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ahahah... It wasn't to rub noses or manage hype, both things that it's not my business to do. Just meant to say that there is a bunch of modifications being tested already so the silence is a sign of things already coming not a sign of disappointing future or lack of progress. That is all :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

This is exactly why im so exited, to me, no activity by the devs on forums means they're hard at work on summit, which means i get even more excited! Its a vicious cycle,:D:D:D(i wish these smileys were yellow!)

• Like Like x 1
  12. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello everybody,
    So I do not know about you guys how you found AMS2 at in the first months but when AMS2 was launched the ffb wasn't that great for me and when NUScorpii released his ffb custom file I started using it for my T300s. I was doing quite well, always a few tenths in TT off pace or even doing the fastest time quite a bit faster than I was with the default ffb.
    After a while a few months ago after testing again the default ffb I decided it was good and custom ffb files were not required no more.
    A few weeks ago I decided to do some laps in TT in a car I knew well, Ginetta Supercup and on track also well knows Spa. Well all I can say is not small was my surprise when after half a day of hot lapping I was around 2.5sec off pace. The fastest guy is still the same I was racing before when I was using the NUScorpii file and as I said I was much closer to him usually on all other tracks, except Brands Hatch.
    So I gave up, I got to the conclusion as Spa is a longer track so a bigger gap is normal and probably he also is very good at Spa.
    Sunday I decided to compare the GT1 cars tot pcars2 and AC as I was feeling the cars were not really what I was expecting. After day of testing I am certain the AMS2 GT1 cars are to aggressive on the limit, the pcars2 versions of these cars feel for me like cars built and tuned for 24h race while in AMS2 they feel like cars tuned for the typical 7-10 lap races we have online, I really hope they will be made less aggressive.
    At some point I decided to drive the good old Ultima GTR Race and to my surprise I almost lost the car on 7th corner entry at Imola 2018 and almost lost it again on exit and I was not pushing the car at all. I verified the setup, no problems there was the same default setup I always used but I just had no confidence with the car.
    Moving on I decided to test also the good old ffb from NUScorpii, wow suddenly I had confidence to push the car and I had no problems on corner entry nor on the exit.
    At this moment I decided I must try a combo I know well so I decided to try my luck again at Spa in TT with the Ginetta Supercup car. I loaded my own ghost and used the same setup.
    Entering first corner I had the first big surprise, I was wow I really did not get the braking right a few weeks ago for this corner. Moving on the surprises kept coming every corner I was breaking I had more confidence under braking and I managed to get out of the corner just a bit better.
    After doing a few laps the gap to the 1st place went down from around 2.5sec to around 0.7sec which for me is huge I just could not believe it as I knew I really pushed "like an animal" for the lap recorded a few weeks ago.
    So long story short after testing a bit more the default ffb and the custom ffb file I am pretty sure the default ffb file needs more work, it has lag for my T300s wheel, very small but enough.
    At this point I am pretty sure that quite a few peoples complains about some cars being to trikie under braking and also the well known "popular" complain that the cars are so slippery on corner exit are partially caused by this small lag ffb has.
    So if you guys want to try my settings and ffb file you I attached the files to this post.
    Fun fact also the fastest guy in TT at Spa with the Ginetta Supercup and quite a few other car track combo also uses the NUScorpii custom ffb file(The Nemesis 69).
    Edit: reuploaded the correct print screen for ffb in game

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
  13. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I'm largely arriving at the same conclusion... Since the last update the default ffb felt vague and "off" to me. Uninformative and as you mentioned, somewhat slow or delayed. I'm on the same wheel as you are, and have reverted back to the custom ffb you provided here.
    Much more direct and vigorous, way better across the board imo.
    Since I've been a group A addict as of late, I'm happy those cars feel good now, in the previous build they'd be excessively tail-happy in a weird way.
    I'm afraid that's just the way it is with the game, physics and ffb falling in and out of "alignment" with each update. Though some classes seem just fine, others sometimes end up in the "box" 'till further notice...
    If you haven't lately, try the group A now, they might surprise you.
    Thanks for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I love your assessments and they are important I think. Don't you have an interest in doing youtube videos and pointing these things out? Because I think you have a good method of finding things, observing them. And maybe it would be easier for the devs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yes. Did some races with the 90's DTM cars today at Imola 2001, 100% strength and aggression between 50 and 90%. Behaviour during overtaking manoeuvres pretty much the same.
    When I overtook a car before one of the chicanes (Tamburello, Villeneuve, Bassa), AI suddenly decided to keep on racing at a speed that is too fast for the corner, cutting chicanes by driving on the grass, racing like on rails there without spinning or losing speed in order not to let me pass. They even try to ram when coming back to track. And they never get penalties for cutting the track like human player.
    When I finally manage to pass and open a small gap, AI starts to fall back, obviously doing their average times again. So, they seem to switch into some kind of rage mode when player is beside them trying to overtake before corners.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

yeah it will be saturday morning my time , as it’s usually at a time and day that i’ve got so many other things to do and i don’t get to try it for a day .

17. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

It'll be Sunday night when everyone is in bed for work next day. Don't plan around racing Ams2 as you will be let down, happens every time.

Saying that though I would rather wait than get a broken update.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yep, updates are promised at or near the end of the month and have been late more often than early. Since February is the shortest month, I would place my bet on a late update (as in early March).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Some blokes around here are nothing but a pack of whingers. Nothing better to do..

Tell me any other sim dev team that drops us massive monthly updates and a handful of hotfixs within each month. They even gave us a 12 month guide on what they are looking to achieve..

You should be ashamed of yourselves. Get a life will ya!

• Agree Agree x 8
  20. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Raceroom, ACC have updates every month and they have a lot less issues than AMS2, but in turn have been out way longer.
    Whinging is a form of caring, no whingers equals no progression in life.
    See the positive AMS2 has come along way.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1