1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't get offended matey.. Do and say what you like..

I got better things to do, like play with my daughter than to accept your wank wank challenge..

:cool:

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

OK Im waiting - checking the Spielberg Historic out from time to time :p:p:p

• Like Like x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

OK after today for the first time to have used 1 hour with F-Reiza on Nurburg-Nordschleife I feel I need to qualify my misplaced use of trash-ish behaviour of this car after the "downgrade" of this car in the latest AMS2 upd.:D

I used the description because I could instantly(!) feel the grip (and balance) downgrade when I tested the car on 2 tracks I did know extremely good in TT mode(Goiania and CampoGrande).
    My irritation was based both because I couldnt reach my former LB top laptimes :p but also because it was imposible(IMO) now to play so satisfying with the car on the tire/tarmac adhesion knives edge.:(

The reason I (partly :rolleyes:) apologize of my use of the word trash-ish is because after using some time with the car on a track (Nordschleife) where I had not used this car before in AMS2 - it just felt great.
    Great because I had no AMS2 referance experience to compare against on this track.

The only referance I had was from Racerooms LB challenge in the F90x where I was pretty fast - but (urgent) could still remember that compared to the enjoyment I felt today in AMS2 the physics/TM in Raceroom was much more like - WTF happened now? And why?

ByTheWay: What Im trying to say is that what I described as "downgrade" of the F-Reiza was only felt on tracks I did know extremely good. But absolutely not on a in this context new track/car combi.;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I'm going to be brutally honest...
    The game has come a million miles from where it was pre release and even after release in nearly every aspect, thanks Reiza.
    But and it's a big but, the physics/FFB are on the verge of being literally undrivable for me.
    Now I don't know the reasons etc, but for me version 0.9 had the best FFB/physics model, even later on in the year it felt awesome, v1.04 for example.
    even the first release of the GT3,GT1,DTM,Pro car and Porsche cup after the front end bounce had been sorted, were literally spot on.
    Not sure if it's people saying the cars had too much grip, so Reiza reduced the grip, people saying the cars were too hard to or too easy to drive so Reiza then changed this aspect?
    But it's becoming a mix match of FFB/physics and it's feeling like a mess in it's current state of play.
    Now I'm not blaming anyone and I love AMS2 (400hrs), but since the last couple of patches i find myself not even contemplating playing anymore.
    Something has to give and i have every faith in Reiza, but even I'm starting to worry...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Each time when it is said that something was changed with the default ffb after an update, I give it a try. In my opion, it has much improved but it still does not please me. It feels to light to me, no matter what I change in gain and boost (matter of taste, of course). So I use a custom file some people here have developed, which pleases me more. My problem is, that after some physic updates I have to readjust the custom file, too, because it does not fit for me anymore. And I hate tinkering about such things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

My only comment to this is that as a non-FFB user Im not in danger of confusing/blending the feeling of the AMS2 physics/TM with the FFB from my plastic wheel.

ByTheWay: The feeling I get from the corelation(hehe or non correlation) between my wheels controller input and the response from the virtuel car on the screen is a more direct or simple impression of a racing games physics/TM - than when some more or less "realistic" FFB impulses does interfeer in the assesment.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Coanda

what a winner..

after all you said about grip feeling bla bla bla trash physics/tm bla bla bla you don't even have ffb..

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Such kind of patronising does really reveal how very intelligent your argumentation goes.
    I will take a short mental note of that from now on :rolleyes:

9. Coanda

I don't care that you don't have ffb.. I GPAD'ed AC for years..

I'd never bag their physics/tm when I did...

Keep rolling your eyes and waffling on how your the best on the leader boards bla bla bla... Careful you don't do a eye injury with all those rolls, it may effect your pb's..

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you be more specific, why?

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Antmax

Antmax New Member

Is this game ever going to get proper TrackIR support without having to fudge it through dodgy VR settings that don't really translate well to headtracking without a headset. I love what the devs are doing, but once your used to head tracking, not having makes the game feel really inhibited so many of us just don't play Automoblista 2.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

It's hard to put it down to one certain thing but, it just feels like a lot of changes in certain areas all add up to a bit of a mess in the way the cars feel and drive.
    Altering certain things seems to cure one thing but upset another 3 in different areas.
    Not sure if it's a hard reset needed or just a case of a few months down the line it will hopefully all come together.
    I personally believe the latter with Reiza, but sometimes you can get lost with too many changes and it's best off starting a fresh.
    If there was a way to drive the old physics/ffb back to back with the new version it might be more obvious.
    The game itself is miles better just seems the amount of small physics/ffb changes have probably made the driving experience worse IMO.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That's not anymore specific or helpful to discover, what could be missing, unfortunately.
    I have a really good memory, of driving AMS2 since beta release...

The old physics were cars, driving at 100% diff lock (proven several times, i have recorded telemetry over and over by myself, when this issue has been discovered), no matter what settings (even open diff cars) and exploitable tires with several issues, problematic brake response curves and overexaggerated heat sensitivity, causing spins after 3 laps of pushing with certain tires, asymmetrical suspensions, unpolished aero modelling for some formula cars, reacting weird at yaw, overly grippy front tires, allowing driving semi-exploits and so on. I believe you, that the physics for the cars might have been more enjoyable for you in the past, but they weren't "spot-on" by any means, they were all over the place, actually, even partially proven by data.

Yes, for improvements, the question is still in the room: How/Why? There are several reports about driving dynamics and quirks in them, some also known, but what are you referring to?

There is an ongoing discussion about forces ramping up in an unsatisfying way in AMS2 FFB and the game could additionally really need a guide, of how setting up FFB correctly for different wheeltypes. Is it that what you mean?

Are cars too snappy for you under braking, slip angles to small, weight transfer unresponsive, off-throttle understeer too much? What do you experience, when saying, it's a "mess"? Some of the recent changes might just need setup adjustments, to achieve older driving feel, have you played around with them? (Some cars actually now need more diff lock in some situations, some became more responsive and have to be made less sharp for a good baseline etc., AMS2 might need also some reviewed default setups anyway now, due to recent changes)

It's also important to separate FFB and physics/car dynamics a bit, it can cause misunderstandings.

• Like Like x 4
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

I think you are way to general in your assesment.
    Personally I think there are some cars that drives extremely good and satisfying compared to most (all?) other racing games.
    And then there are some that at least I dont think does drive like anything in RL with 4 wheels does.:D

ByTheWay: The last category cars I just let stay unused in Reizas virtuel garage.
    And I would only have a problem with this situation if there wasnt any cars I liked in the first category.:p

ByTheWay2: Rethinking a bit then I think it would be really nice if at least some of the ancient formula cars in Reizas portfolio would get a carying hand. I consider then undrivable.
    Hehe but maybe its just me:whistle:

15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Yess Yess my good man.
    This cannot be said too many times.:p

16. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm interested in what "dodgy VR settings" you are fudging. I use TrackIR5 without any issues, at least that I've noticed. I do have to launch the game in Steam VR mode but other than that I really like it. No problems at all looking around in all directions.

17. sk8

sk8 Member

I was thinking the same thing that earlier versions felt better. The ffb is much worse now. Can't feel the kerbs in some cars etc. DTM which was released ages ago is so broken even the ai pull away in 2nd. There's also no sense of inertia or weight transfer. Returning to AC and trying it's cayman gt4 I was shocked how much better the driving experience is when compared to AMS2. I have a feeling Reiza will get there one day though and hopefully sooner than later.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally my experience has been largely positive with the updates over time. Like Formula cars IMO have grown a lot in terms of FFB and general natural feeling. I liked a lot the effect of tire wall and tread changes there.
    What has been puzzling me though is the path that GTs have taken recently especially wrt tires grip.
    Been driving a lot GT1s and thought that apart from the effects of the differential they were reasonably on the mark. Since then I clearly feel like the differential is much less of an issue but a lot of the grip seems to have vanished, especially at the front.
    The rear has become much more difficult to handle under braking since now there is no auto-blipping anymore. ABS is gone (together with TC) and it seems like there is no chance to bring the car into the corner with some braking going on without washing out quite a bit. It seems much more like either you brake or you turn the steering wheel which is what I don't like about other sims (iracing for instance).
    In the past it has always been the case that seemingly backward steps were taken and then additional changes made everything work better than ever, but I am getting a little worried too about what is shaping out of the GT1s. I though its mix of power and grip would be a big attraction for those who are a bit tired of GT3s and a possible front picture of the entire sim to distinguish it from others since GT1s from developers are hard to find, but right now I hear also on social a lot of people struggling to cope with them rather than enjoying them.
    Hopefully future developments will make them shine and user friendly again.

Frankly I'm also getting quite annoyed by people that keep saying they can't spin a car when if you drive it fast enough to reach the first page or two in TT it is evident that it is not like that. Maybe it's me being a poor racer and unable to climb the TT without visiting the wall facing the wrong way around both under braking and while powering out of a corner quite a few times

• Informative Informative x 4
  19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Not everybody is a car engineer to change setups,when the standard setups are worse now.If this is a solution ,then Reiza or +some cracks here should work together.I can't do that,and i need them to learn from.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Maybe an ACC like solution (with all those 37 cars :p) with a wet, safe and advanced setup for those who don't know or have time to do their own.
    Now it's a matter of Reiza finding the time to do all those cars (100+) setups X 3 :whistle:
    Maybe that's where the community could step in :eek:

• Agree x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1