1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, he used to be an Aussie but has defected the country, lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would guess Renato et al. are intimately familiar with rF2 for various reasons. ;) Maybe some influence comes to AMS2 from those experiences? But as Niels Heusinkveld has explained in the past, even with all the data from manufacturers, there will always be plenty of gray areas to be filled, leaving room for interpretations. Those interpretations then come from actual track experience, pro driver feedback, philosophy of the modeller etc.

For the C9 grip truthers out there, this video is interesting (I know it's the C11 but the powerplant is the same and the car is lighter so should have less grip out of slow corners, not more):

Note how easily the driver is able to floor the throttle out of La Source even before the front tyres are pointing completely straight. Try that in AMS2 in 2nd gear and you will find yourself sideways immediately. So let's have some perspective before we demand that already kinda tricky cars are made even harder just because some forum nerds who have spent way too much time in AMS2 find them kinda easy (I include myself in this slander). :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

My oldest Son just now (going to bed talk) asked how the 934.5 drove in AMS2 and i had to tell him it doesn't drive well at all because it isn't in it and he was totally surprised, even asking how many cars are in the game. I told him over 100 and now he is even more shocked that no Group 4/5 cars made it in....i said yet, in hope.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

I disagree, i'm not finding the car to step out much at all no matter the abuse, even as i said on a wet track with slicks!! 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear at 100% boost and throttle.
    I don't have any video to show but did see JB doing a similar thing in the Porsche, mind you on wets, but still full throttle, full boost and no (very little) slip on a fully wet track. I'm not saying the car is easy to drive at 10 10ths, i'm just saying i think it should be more than what it is currently.

Edit: just doing a back to back , AMS2 to AC and back , its not that AMS2 wont kick sideways, its just it wont go past sideways :confused: The car may kick out but its near impossible to lose it and spin. Something feels off with the rear end still (cough diff cough) i guess.
    Overall though AMS2 is so much nicer to drive though, FFB, sound, graphics and really the whole feel other than this, something that i cant put my finger on.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

How long have you been playing sims :p You know the rig or PC is never finished :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

yep

7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is something wrong with your AMS2 installation. It goes sideways easily with slicks on a wet track.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

I have only just removed all signs of both the main and beta versions of AMS2 and done complete re installs, so if there is a problem (tip, there is) it is with your copy also. The same feeling is in both my copies even when totally clean installs. I removed every trace just to be sure i had a clean install instead of just rewriting the documents folder like i usually did.
    As i said in my edit of that post, the car will step out but it just wont spin, in AMS2 it is pretty difficult to spin any car.
    It may be the diff related or it may be something aero related.

I cant do a video but here is JB talking about the ease of the AMS2 Group C
    One point is here 9:16 but he is on wets but on slicks this can be done even in 1st.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Real life lol, I'm sick of people saying there's too much grip, when they've never even driven a car with big fat slick tyres.
    Watch a video of the sauber around spa, the driver is full throttle everywhere, with very little regard of the rear end breaking loose, even in 1st or 2nd gear.
    AMS2 needs more stability and grip especially in the slower corners.
    Not Less....
    Its ok someone saying too much grip when there nowhere near the limit of what the car is capable of.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. F1Aussie

Haha, I consider mine to be finished :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

Have you driven the Merc GT3? Does that whine bother you? This one seems more painful to me than the Sauber.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. F1Aussie

I raced the C9 at Silverstone tonight and it was kicking sideways everytime I shifted to 2nd and 3rd and I could not use full throttle until in a straight line, had to short shift to try and get the power down. Seems people have very different experiences with this.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. 2ndLastJedi

Nice...but your sig tells a different story :whistle:

4 x Dayton 50w transducers (for the time being) :p

haha. But i still need a more solid rig, better pedals, better wheel base, better PC just to name about $10,000 to go :rolleyes:o_O:oops::eek::mad::(

So for now i live my life, enjoy everyday i wake up and make the most of what i have :D:);):D

Go have a look at my Spa 2020 Sauber run on the leaderboard and see if that looks like your experience.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Coanda

... mine will be if the gov decide to release some more Tina Turners...

15. 2ndLastJedi

Now whats a Tina Turner other than the obvious?

16. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

No.
    And Im ashamed to tell anybody how few cars Im actually driving in AMS2.
    When I find one I like I use this one 100%:rolleyes:
    For a looong time.
    In iRacing I bought/rented a lot of cars - but except testing some of them out I only used two(2) - the L79 and the Nissan GTP:p:p

ByTheWay: Conserning the unnatural high turbo whine in AMS2 I have completely stopped using the two Group C cars. Because eventhough I turned the different sound parameters down I just felt that my tinnitus became worse. No kidding:eek:

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Coanda

[​IMG]

18. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Haha in boxing there is something called a Lucky Punch:D

LuckyPunch.jpg

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Side note: Your attached file with the front wheelie over crests of the Gr.C shows an oddity that is known and is planned to be fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because you are mistaking "AC does the Sauber right" while you should be saying "the way I like it". AC physics is weird across the board IMO with things that are difficult to explain with real physics/car engineering, different but as weird as some of the PC2 flaws. That is exactly the point: mistaking "right" for "what someone like".

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1