1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.3.5 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 31, 2021.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anybody has a good race video from Jacarepagua 1995 - 2005 full course?
    It's really hard to find something.

2. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just look at Youtube for Stock Car Brasil races, plenty of stuff there. This is literally the second entry of results after searching "Stock Car Brasil Jacarepagua"

• Like Like x 4
  3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

cool, thanks!
    What to find or not is always depending on search machine and country.

4. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are welcome. Maybe I was lucky, dunno. Just wanted to point out how I found it, so you can watch stuff like this on your own whenever you want :)

5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Arnaldo Fossá comes up a lot in my digging. From what has been mentioned he ran a 1600 air cooled VW in the various HC's he built.

O Fossá utilizava um motor a ar. De acordo com o próprio piloto, o motor era um 1584 cc, com pistões standard, gerando cerca de 140 HP

The Fossá used an air engine. According to the pilot himself, the engine was a 1584 cc, with standard pistons, generating about 140 HP

This is a older pre HC pic.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coanda

I would need this scan translated however I believe they are referring to division 3 (pre HC) & Hot Cars. A little more evidence to suggest they used 1600 Air Cooled engines..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bing translation, For what it's worth

competition

Weber 48 mm double burp, special love-weavers, mo-dificated suspensions etc. Later still, the regulations went back and the exchange box ti-nha to be national, although it may have different relationships, such as famo-sa box 3, or even boxes 2 and 6. The tires were once again national, obri-gatoriamente, of the slick type, of maggion manufacture. Some imported components have been banned. But there has always been a co-mum point, in all these phases of Division 3: the great interest on the part of the public for these competitions. And this is explained: in addition to the natu-ral curiosity of seeing his street cart, which was only 120 km/h in the velocí-metro, transformed into a bolide, ca-paz to overcome 200 km/h, the spec-tador was still heavily attracted rounds in the oil - because the engines night races, which always attract the garish colors and the beetle track ballings have always been gendered by the aficionados of the automotive-aerodynamiccraft of the wagon- sos spreaders of oil - in the great mo. of these cars. This, not to mention number of cars registered, in the trom- In 1979 appeared the first Pas-no noise, in the party, in the confusion, in the badas, in the disputes and even in the sats, competing in the category, defended them by Edson Yoshikuma and João Franco. Even Afonso Giaffone had a Passat, which he abandoned when he passed to Stock Car. With this, the category received a certain sophistication, which culminated with the entry of the Division 3 Goals. The result, as it could not fail to be, was a cis-ma, a split, getting the Passais and Goals, more modern and fast, with the Brazilian championship and with the name changed to Hot Cars (quen-tes cars). While the Fusquinhas practically stopped running. It was then that a group of são Paulo drivers, dissatisfied with the medi-da, decided to re-edit the old division 3 su-cessos, constituting the São Paulo Special Tourism Championship (TEP), bringing again to the
    The old Beetle engine still gives in leather

Ricardo Mogamas 55

COMPETIÇÃO

buração dupla Weber 48 mm, amor-tecedores especiais, suspensões mo-dificadas etc. Mais tarde ainda, os regulamentos voltaram atrás e a caixa de câmbio ti-nha de ser nacional, embora podendo ter relações diferentes, como a famo-sa caixa 3, ou ainda as caixas 2 e 6. Os pneus voltaram a ser nacionais, obri-gatoriamente, do tipo slick, de fabri-cação Maggion. Alguns componentes importados foram proibidos. Mas sempre houve um ponto co-mum, em todas essas fases da Divisão 3: o grande interesse por parte do público por essas competições. E isso se explica: além da curiosidade natu-ral de ver seu carrinho de rua, que não passava de 120 km/h no velocí-metro, transformado num bólido, ca-paz de superar os 200 km/h, o espec-tador ainda era fortemente atraído rodadas no óleo — pois os motores corridas noturnas, que sempre atraí-pelas cores berrantes e pelas bolações Fusca de pista sempre foram genero- ram os aficionados do automobilis-aerodinâmicas artesanais das carroça- sos espalhadores de óleo — no grande mo. rias desses automóveis. Isso, sem falar número de carros inscritos, nas trom- Em 1979 surgiram os primeiros Pas-no ruído, na festa, na confusão, nas badas, nas disputas e até mesmo nas sats, disputando a categoria, defendi-dos por Edson Yoshikuma e por João Franco. Até mesmo Afonso Giaffone tinha um Passat, que abandonou ao passar para a Stock Car. Com isso, a categoria recebeu uma certa sofistica-ção, que culminou com a entrada dos Gols de Divisão 3. O resultado, como não poderia deixar de ser, foi um cis-ma, uma cisão, ficando os Passais e Gols, mais modernos e velozes, com o campeonato brasileiro e com o nome mudado para Hot Cars (carros quen-tes). Enquanto que os Fusquinhas, praticamente, deixaram de correr. Foi então que um grupo de pilotos paulistas, inconformados com a medi-da, resolveram reeditar os antigos su-cessos da Divisão 3, constituindo o Campeonato de Turismo Especial Paulista (TEP), trazendo novamente à
    O velho motor Fusca ainda dá no couro

Ricardo Mogamas 55

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coanda

@SaxOhare - wOw thanks matey.. I did not know you could do that from a image scan.. I tried to do the second image but it errors out.. I just pasted the URL as that is what it ask's for but it did nothing. Are there extra steps I should do...?

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just check the cut in the hood for the air intake of the radiator, the only Fusca that doesn't have is the Hot Car. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Coanda

... more Hot-Car info & talk here: My Extended Car Info Spreadsheet..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  11. Coanda

Good point!

So that means modern Copa Fusca features liquid cooled engines and inline 4's because they all have the rear end bulge and cut out hood IRL photos . AMS2 does have the cut out grill but does not have the rear end bulge for this model and has this listed as Flat 4... :confused:

i'll raise a bug thread later after some more homework..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Freely translated by me, so prone to spelling mistakes and misunderstandings.

Even later, the regulations retroceded and the gearbox had to be national-made, although they could've different gear ratio, as the famous box 3, or even the boxes 2 and 6. The tyres had returned to be national-made, mandatory to be of the slick type, produced by Maggion. Some imported components were prohibited.

However there always had a common place in all of these Division 3 phases: the great interest of the public for these competitions. And it can be explained: besides the natural curiosity of watching your common ride car that couldn't go faster than 120 kph transformed into a car that could reach over 200 kph, the fans were also attracted to the bright colors and the aerodynamic design. Add to that the engine noise, the partying, the mess, the spin over leaked oil - since the Fusca's engine has always been an oil spiller -, the large grid, the wheel-to-wheel battles and the night races, that has always attracted the motorsports afficionados.

In 1979 appeared the first Passats racing in the category, driven by Edsn Yoshikuma and João Franco. Even Afonso Giaffone had a Passat, that later on was left behind after he was promoted to Stock Car. This brought some sophistication to the category and soon enough the Gols came in to Division 3. The result was a secession: the Passats and Gols (which were growing more and more modern and faster) got the brazilian championship (rebranded to Hot Cars), while the Fusquinhas (kind way of calling the Fuscas) pratically stopped racing.

Not happy with that situation, a couple of paulistas (the people from São Paulo) decided to recreate the old success of the Division 3 by creating the Turismo Especial Paulista championship, bringing back to life the old Fuscas. And, once again, the party: the old "potty" were reborn, repainted, with simpler regulations aiming to make it cheaper to join the competition. Noise, colors, spins and oil were back on track, but this time around with a catch: Ricardo Mogames, the current leader of the championship, is lapping faster in Interlagos than ever before. And this is also happening with the many of the other drivers too.

MOTOR 3 invited the main drivers and cars of this old-new category for a test and themselves decided to baptize, in a comical way, the event MOTOR 3 GRAND PRIX, happening in a monday, take a look!

This writer, ex-driver of the category, saw once again old friends, talked to all of them, but due to short time available, could only try 5 of the cars: #3 owned by Ricardo Mogames, the one owned by José Antônio Bruno, #17 by Laércio dos Santos, #99 by João Lindau and #68 by Luiz Eduardo Duran.

ON TRACK
    We started off with the fastest car of the category, the Ricardo Mogame's one. The first impression is that this car is very well built, with a complete and functional panel and its alcohol-powered engine (1.600 cm3) showcasing torque. In fact, even at lower rotations the engine responds greatly. At 5.000 rpm this engine is close to its maximum torque, but its maximum power reaches up to 7.600 rpm. Which means that for this kind of competition engine, it is quite wide ranged.

The gear ratio is long, all gears can be well extended. To compensate, it uses a very short 4th gear, with the ratio 1.12:1 with 9x31 of differential. This way, every time you change gears it gives the viewers the impression that the clutch is sliding, since the noise of the engine stays almost at the same tune. The trambulador (I've no clue how to translate it. Trambulator?) is of easy handling, allowing fast gear changes.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

@Renato Simioni , thanks all of you in the Reiza team for the good job. I'm enjoying the game more and more, and last week for the first time I played AMS2 during all the weekend, without touching my other sim. I joined a F-Trainer server and it was really fun. This car, especially, and the F309 are very nice to drive now.

I don't enjoy playing offline too much (not only in AMS2, but in all sims), so I would like to make some small (and maybe irrelevant to some people) suggestions to improve the multiplayer enviroment and looking. Sometimes I see others here and also on RD asking for multiplayer improvements. I don't know exactly what their demands are and I obviously I can't talk for them, but, to me, these small things would make AMS2 multiplayer a more pleasant experience:

- Bigger chat box, with a better font (that is more pleasant to the eye), and that we can use while we are watching others driving;

- Full leaderboard that, when we are on the track, will list all the players on the server and not only a limited number of them (for example, if a server has 22 drivers, the full leaderboard currently will list only half of them, more or less - at least I couldn't set it on the HUD options to show the whole grid);

- Country flag near the drive name, that can be seen on the track and on the monitor screen (I believe this brings more life to multiplayer);

- Hability to vote to restart the session;

- Hability for the server host to change weather and time settings.

And finally, although I understand it would be a more complex thing to do, it would be really great if, when a driver joins a server, his car skin is uploaded to it, and automatically download by the other drivers. Customized skins (and maybe driver helmets too in the future) being viewed on multiplayer would be a very nice and fun feature to add to the game.

Thanks for the attention, and keep up the good work. The game is becoming better and better.

• Like Like x 3
  14. SaxOhare

I can agree if it is scalable, to make it little again and with the possibility to completely disable the box, I don't like the in-race chat box

With the option to disable the flag I can agree.
    I'm not nationalistic, I don't want that country flag, I am not driving for my country and don't want to ride against countries. An Icon free of choice could do, but absolutely not necessary

perhaps as an option for dedicated servers? and only in the first or second lap.

I don't like this at all, I don't want to be forced to download skins

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In game chat box can be disabled: options / gameplay / display

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I think something like this could be an option easily enough if the netcode for this was there in the first place. I like the idea and know many who would too. It spices up grids. ACC has that livery customiser which brings colour and unique looks, but ultimately isn't the same as a bunch of Jaegermeister M1s :D.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SaxOhare

It doesn't, and you are already able to use your own custom skins to your liking, why should you force another player to use "dedicated" custom skins?

18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would add Race Director is also needed with privileges to change/assign penalties, restart sessions etc.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. mbusa

mbusa Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly, this I would say is fundamental for competitive multiplayer ..

20. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

None of my suggestions would be mandatory for everybody. They would be just options. If the player dislikes it, he could just turn it off, just like in other games that have these features.

My country flag suggestion has nothing to do with nationalism. It brings more life to multiplayer since we notice we are racing with fellow simracers from different parts of the world (I believe we would have the same "more life" effect if we could add small avatars near the player name). Also, it makes communication easier. Not everybody speaks english. People can talk on their native language when they identify someone from the same country as them.