1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I asked because the driving reminded me a lot of the times I used a wrong FOV. But if you say you use Track hat, well you lost me here :) .
    Anyway according to this calculator you should use 68 deg for FOV
    Modern FOV Calculator

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

please add High beam and low beam headlights and increase the intensity of the headlights it doesn't illuminate the track properly, have a lokk at ACC as a parameter to help tune the headlights.
    also crashed my Porsche RSR today and the headlight was coming from the front bumper.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Damn, it looks from my testing here that you cant change from wet to dry tyres in the formula trainer without a CTD :(

4. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Thing is, even with breaking in a straight line this car feels really twitchy. No such thing with other cars I tried. (Formula trainer adv., F3, Mini JWC, Formula vintage gen 2, and others)
    Normally I race AI between 100 and 110 so I'm not the best, but I do like the tell myself that I do know how to drive at least a little bit.

Regarding the FOV: I did use a calculator, so maybe I got the numbers wrong in my post, but I will be sure to recheck. Thank you for the heads-up

Edit: of course still possible that I missed something in the setup, so looking for funded acknowledgment of dismissal of my "statement" that I'm right/wrong.
    If I'm right we can help Reiza with a car. If I'm wrong I can learn something:)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  5. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

Je sais peut-être ce qui s'est passé. Ce n'est qu'une théorie, mais lorsque nous prenons la piste avec les réglages de base et les pneus automatiques par temps, nous commençons peut-être en slick moyen et j'ai commencé avec les pneus slicks doux juste après une averse. Je suis donc revenu à la configuration par défaut avec les pneus météo automatiques et la Porsche GTE m'a semblé plus amusante à conduire. Commençons-nous par défaut avec un support lisse ?

6. AndreiC

BTW did you delete the game's file from My Documents folder after the update as recommended and did you do the pedal setup twice to be sure it is done properly?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Alwin Papegaaij

Yes, I deleted the game car setup files as described. I can try to delete the entire documents folder but don't think that was necessary right?
    Dus not redo the pedal setup again.
    But today I also did race the AI on Brands Hatch in the F trainer adv on 108% and easily qualified first. (Still have to do the race)
    Setup works fine, no breaking issues in that car or the Mini JWC, she gt4 cars, Cadillac and caterhams

8. Alwin Papegaaij

I will try some things tomorrow as it is 11pm here now and I'm going to bed

Do you have experience with this car? And if yes, is it stable for you?

9. Alwin Papegaaij

Ok.. just couldn't wait until tomorrow....
    Deleted the Automobilista 2 folder in "my documents" completely and now it drives like a charm. Very stable right out of the box.
    My bad, must have overlooked something to delete? I deleted all the vehicle setup files.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. AndreiC

I just did my first TT on Brands Hatch Indy and I did the 11th time otherwise yes I did drive this car before.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas New Member

So i tried the real weather function during the 24h Nurburgring and it just didnt work. There was no rain, no fog no nothing. I used current date/time and real weather slot.

Also I dont know if im totally blind but are there no options for TC and ABS keybindings?

12. Alwin Papegaaij

Thank you for your help! Very much appreciated.

Do find it somewhat strange that deleting the content of "Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\(profile number)\tuningsetups" as described was not enough though. Must have missed some files maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Danny Michael

Danny Michael New Member

Your vision is perfectly fine.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

will the new fanatec csl dd wheel base be compatible with AMS2?

15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think it's broken: it has always been a timed function. After a few seconds of no use it will disappear. Always has been this way. Unless you are talking about something else

16. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

The physics really had a good improvement. Cars have a more "natural" handle now. Also, I didn't test all cars, but it seems to me that the "invisible stability control" is now gone, or at least very minimized.

The AI is now impressively astute and audacious, without being clumsy. A revolution on it, I would say, although not perfect yet - yesterday I did an offline race at Spa (F-1 Classic Generation 3), the AI crashed each other at Eau Rouge and then half of the grid stopped behind the crash and blocked the track there. Also, on a race at Guaporé with the Formula Vee, starting from last I noticed that a car in front of me would go to the grass just after the green lights for no reason. Anyway, the AI behaviour now is really impressive. Great job done on it.

The new tracks and cars are very well done. That Porsche GTE engine sound is fantastic. But I must say I totally disliked the new sound we now have when the car touches a kerb. Sounds bad to me and I had to almost mute it on the game sound options. The previous sound for this effect was better, in my opinion.

Anyway, great update. I hope Reiza can focus a little more now on bringing more features and some fixes to multiplayer. The game is now maturing and it already deserves a significant increase on its daily player base.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I have to agree on this. The limiter noise on the F-1 Classic Gen 03 (number 01) is exaggerated and annoying. Certainly not the end of the world, but I preferred how it was before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Manohy

Manohy Member

Another bugs
    - I've spent 30 mn creating a custom championship, renamed it saved everything but after the game restart it reset back to the default custom championship :(:mad:.
    - I don't know if it's a bug or a feature but we can only create one custom championship.
    Update we can create an another one but the process is not user friendly at all.

Just a suggestion
    -We should be able to modify the built-in championship for example change the duration of each race. Then the game should save it automatically by asking us to create a new name.

-We should also be able to modify each custom championship after resetting them.

-Some bugs can be ignored but I think there are too many that are altering the enjoyability of the sim. Like with RF2 for example the beta testing should be open to public for the basic engine features not the DLC. There are still so much bugs that can get through the filter now. Now we are tracking bug instead of playing. It could be different if we choose to do so voluntarily. More testers means more bug tracked. This way the development could get faster. There is a beta opt-in option on Steam that can be applied to AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For now, it is only possible to have one custom championship. EDIT: I stand corrected.

20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really? I created two last night. If you create a custom champ, save it and exit the game it disappears but if you save it and go into the first session then exit out of it and close down AMS2 it keeps it so next time you restart the game you can continue on, you can do the same with creating a second one.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1