1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Fyi @Renato Simioni @CrimsonEminence

I found game was stable last night in both TT and multiplayer modes if making sure steam wasn’t open on desktop.
    thus using Ams2 game shortcut on desktop to start ( via stream background services)
    could have Crew chief open no problem still.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, btw. there will some progress come for the crashes, one culprit is found, they have updated it for the beta already and my AMS2 also is surprisingly stable right now, didn't had another crash until now (wasn't able to drive too much until now, tho, because i had to deal with a bit of sickness :D' )

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Manohy

Manohy Member

I'm talking about the US pack here bringing us US racing experience.

4. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Daytona clear - 1:43.7 C8.R and 1:44.2 in the Porsche GTE in race
    Long beach clear - 1:16.3 in the Porsche GTE and 1:16.7 in the C8.R in race
    Imola cloudy - 1:41.2 Porsche GTE in race
    Suzuka heavy rain - 2:14.6 in the M8

All races 25 min with time acceleration at 60x, tyre wear x5 to induce a field wide pit stop (including me).

I'm a mediocre driver at best as you can see and I won all these races against the AI at 120 and aggression between 75 and 98

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Marnus Zwarts

I can strongly recommend United Racing Data to keep track of your times per car per track etc. Really helpful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

You sir have likely found a bug here, try running with authentic tire wear, instead of accelerated for a test and see, if it is still too slow :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Interesting

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  8. Marnus Zwarts

Will try it out for sure and reply here.
    On another note Reiza, since you introduced the M4 GT4, can we look forward to this?

One can only hope ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

When seeing BMWs new line of front grills, i always have to think of this:
    sw.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Marnus Zwarts

Oh man, now you spoiled it for me!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Marnus Zwarts

AMS2 too bouncy? Maybe...but look at this F1 driver cam view on the silky smooth Paul Ricard. Start watching from around 9min in:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL it's the worst BMW design style since Chris Bangle was booted out of the door few years ago...

13. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

My little lad is jumping on AMS2 as soon as I've picked him up from school, will be his first try of the new content, he may rate it on a rage level of 1-100. :D In all seriousness, he does really well for his age and it's always interesting to see what he thinks.

Edit: Well that was boring, he liked it all haha.

• Like Like x 6
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really loving the new GTE cars, such good graphical quality, sound great and drive sweet. Possibly my favourite cars to drive in all sims

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Marnus Zwarts

Sooo I found the bug.
    Same scenario, real weather (clear), AI 120, Agg 95, Daytona, 20min race, time progression x60 and not the AI nor I pitted. Racing the Porsche GTE in a DPI and GTE field.
    This time with no tyre wear progression, just authentic. I started 7th and ended 8th. I just couldn't catch up.

Then the exact same race again, but with tyre wear set to x5
    Started in P7 and 10min in I was in 10th unable to stay with the leaders. Round about here my tyre wear was 20% and the AI pace went off a cliff. I caught them at 1sec per lap and almost 2sec on the last two laps and I ended winning again.

It seems their tyre wear is either much higher or they are just too slow from around 20% tyre wear and getting disproportionately worse at around 50% wear.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

Yes, already forwarded the bug this morning and came to the same result. It's a 2-3s laptime difference at Interlagos with 5x tire wear.^^

• Like Like x 5
  17. Marnus Zwarts

Cool tx man. It even happens at tyre wear set to x3. Again 10min in (exactly the same amount of time in to the race with tyre acc set to x5) I started catching them at a rapid rate. So it seems to be independent from the exact amount of tyre wear acceleration and from the exact tyre wear (10% or 20% etc). So all accelerated tyre wear options seems shady.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

This is one of those things...
    You can see it, I can see it, but the fact of the matter is some people will simply not be convinced because they cling too dearly to their self-established notion of realism.
    Heaven forbid they admit racetracks are not resurfaced on a weekly bases, and therefor smooth and flawless beyond belief.
    Or suspension so compliant one might suspect there's alien technology involved.
    Funny thing is too, if it is really that bad, shouldn't laptimes be affected in some significant way? I briefly held the GT4 TT record with the Cayman@Daytona, to the tune of a low 1:56 I believe. Actual good quali times there in that sort of car are a 1:54.something.
    Counting for a second or so in outside air temp., Track temp and general condition, etc...
    Again I have to commend the small team from Brazil.
    I could willingly point out things that I believe need work. (Not gonna...)
    The "bouncy castle" thing is not one of them anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

If you have any extra body weight on you, single seater race cars are not flattering. Things shake and wobble that really shouldnt shake and wobble ;) In seriousness, its a brutal and visceral experience beyond what is actually believable. Theres footage looking back at F1 drivers helmets sometimes and you can see the amount of movement. Unless youve sat in a single seater exposed to the wind noise, suspension etc, you probably wouldnt believe it!
    I love the amount of shaking in AMS2. In VR it takes some getting used to but its an essential component of the single seater racing experience, along with sore teeth..

This is just a quick search result. Im sure theres better out there.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

You do not even need a race car to experience that. My mother owned, and furiously drove a BMW Z1 for years, till the doors failed to often and it got sold. My father called it the "vibrating plate" and stuck to his BMW 525i thats replaced the Porsche 924S, thats also drove a loft softer than the Z1. When I got my license tested it out myself. That thing let you feel every bit of a bad road, due to short wheelbase and stiff sport setup, and we had plenty of bad roads. All that driving on rails was always a gaming myth for me since I had the sports cars experience in some exotic BMW and Porsches, years before the Sim experience.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 3