1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Pales

Pales Member

"Adjusted aggression scalars and care with player for tintops" what does this even mean, does anyone know? Also what does it mean when it implies a 'boost' has been added. I assume it means faster but in what sense

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It basically means, AI is adjusted to not ram you off track but being racey.
    A boost for corners is AI grip and likely resulting higher velocity in most cases. Something like that is useful, if a track has unproportionally slow corners to other sections in comparison.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Kerbs sound a lot better. Just did a practice session with the Formula Trainer at Brands Indy and it was awesome. Sounds bleed together much better and its much much more immersive as a result. Amazing how such a small thing can have such a big impact really.

Unrelated- I also did my practice session on my Formula Trainer setup for this circuit in my custom championship and had the biggest cheesiest grin on my face as a result. The behaviour of the car was right on the money after a few adjustments. Mid corner understeer gone, quick on turn in, predictable rear. Just sheer good fun and so rewarding to feel the car come alive as a result of my own adjustments! I know its unlikely given the high calibre of driver in this sim but if there are any Formula Trainer enthusiasts out there who would like to get into the car but struggle, I'd be happy to share my thoughts. Just let me know. Having struggled myself, its always nice to be able to help.

For now, back to the racing (after a cuppa of course) :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  4. BongAdy

BongAdy New Member

The recent update got me to try AMS2 again and it feels a lot better so I jumped in and bought the expansion pack as I race in VR and AMS2 is easily the best looking sim for me with my Reverb G2 plus I can just plug and play it. To me it feels a touch arcade-like but I really enjoy the close racing. At the moment I'm trying to find time to work through all the content I've got. There are lots of classes of car and numerous tracks that I have yet to even try.
    I caputured my VR view in this video where I can run most settings at Medium to High and compared it to the 'Everything Maxed Out' replays and there is not much difference. For VR I think AMS2 is the best 'sim' out there for just jumping in and having a fun race.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

.. we must be playing a different sim.. o_O:p

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

As per the change log notes:-

This 1699 build broke the fuel tank corrections made to the GTE's in 1.2.0.5 and the problem remains in 1.2.0.8. DPi and M4 are fine.

MCR2000 did not make it through in build 1.2.0.5 & 1.2.0.8.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Try running VR with MSAA at night in the rain in the middle of the pack. It aint possible without stutter. I really wish they would optimise the car headlights shadow performance. It has got a LOT worse since release.

Does the AI aggression setting do anything at all? I try racing the GT3 at Nurburgring Veedol and they blatantly slam into the side of you at turn 1, over take you off the track. You do a nice overtaking move and the AI just never give a corner up, they'll even race you off the damn track. I fail to see how people claim the AI is so good when I find it so damn frustrating. I have tried aggression 85 down to 50 and it doesnt make a blind bit of difference to their erratic behavior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very interested in this line as over a couple of days agao i went for a race at Nords and found the GTE Tintops to be a bit too aggressive from behind (insert inuendo here!) but also would go for the inside line when there was none (Dive onto inside kerb at mini Carosel and tap your back quarter, causing spin).
    So am now very exited to get off to Nords and try again after this update.

Having said that, in general (as i know they've been difficult at Nords in particular), they are just getting so damn good!

After a very Noisey awakening this morning I decided to give em a try at Snetterton early this moring and... What a fecking race!

Its lead me to a theory as to why some folks seem to think there is'nt enough action in the public lobbys (clubs and leagues a different thing). I mention this whilst driving. Here's the race, there's only one instance of them going for a move they should'nt and tapping my back, but feck me, best A.I. racing im having at the moment!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. This race was just before the update dropped, so now off to try at Nords.

Also I noticed in the changelog that Real Weather slots have now increased for more updates per 24 hours. Does anyone know if this means the weather will update every hour? What I mean is i've been wondering about how this gets updated, as I've not experienced the weather changing at all from satrt of race using real weather. but i've not had a race longer than an hour yet, so had assumed you are stuck with the same weather for an hour wether it changes or not in less than an hour at given location (IRL). Am i correct in thinking this?

P.P.S. Bravo Reiza, the dev curve of this sim is simply outstanding!!!

10. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Basically it will poll every hour for the next 24h weather history/forecast (basically from the session start time) upon creating the session.

In other words, a 12h session, with a x2 time acceleration should see 24 weather slots, each advancing in 30 min slots.
    A 1h session with a x10 time acceleration should see 10 weather slots, each lasting about 6mins (an 11th slot will show since the final lap goes over-time).
    A 30min session with a x5 time acceleration should see 3 slots, the first 2 lasting about 12mins and the final slot going until the end. Maybe a 4th slot might peek its head in on the final lap as transitions are not fixed and add to the randomness of weather transition in the LiveTrack system.

Weather time progression will always be the same to Time Progression when using Real Weather.

• Informative Informative x 8
  11. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Nope, it does it for any time on the current date, even if you go to 01:00 in the morning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Ok thats pretty much how I understood the weather system as it was, so now with real weather if you set it to say x2, it will update (or consult and adjust accoringly) every half hour rather than hour? Sorry I may be being a bit slow here, is that what you mean. If so thats v exciting as if i set time to 4x it may update every 15 mins (from working on the river we see it change 4 times an hour or so), All this is so exciting, I may need a drink by this evening! :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

There is an error in the exe build which we are in process of rectifying - a fix should be live within 30 minutes.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

Wonder is this means what i thought may be a bug/glitch/whatever at 20:25 in this video (watch the black car on outside), did think that was a bit odd at the time.

Hope so, love Laguna!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

You guys are faster than fast man! Just tried a race with the new version to check A.I. at Nords, did'nt have any probs, and may I say "Wow!" that small change to treads and A.I. seems to have made a difference, just enough, not too much, brilliant! C8'R feels different on the limit, for the better! Maybe its just a placebo effect, but im pretty damn sure its driving more naturally! Bravo!

16. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Excellent. Thank you. :)

17. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Not quite. The moment you load into the session it will poll all 24 weather slots there and then(plus previous hour weather to determine track -dry/wet- state). It doesn't poll as the session advances. So while a session won't change weather slots while it is running, if you reset it, you might get different conditions if OpenWeather updated the forecast in the meantime.

The polls are hourly. Here's an example: in a 2 hour race with x2 time progression with start time 10am ingame will work the following way.

It's 2pm IRL. Race start.
    2pm IRL - 10am ingame - weather slot 1 (track state -dry or wet- dependent on previous weather)
    2:30pm IRL - 11am ingame - weather slot 2
    3pm IRL - 12pm ingame - weather slot 3
    3:30pm IRL - 1pm ingame - weather slot 4
    4pm IRL - 2pm ingame - weather slot 5 (will only show as transition or for a very short as it is race end)

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Should be fixed now - happy racing everyone, enjoy the weekend :)

• Like Like x 20
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

Ok that makes sense, so could get differing weather over the slots but based on forecast for the day as it stands when loaded. Thats good enough for me, thankyou very much indeed mate! This is all very cool, Im having one hell of a day off!

20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Let me guess, something to do with collision physics?

• Funny Funny x 4