1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

With controller configuration being looked at now how far away will multiple wheel presents be? Very frustrating having to remap everything I swap rims.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Nobody feel the Sprintrace much more "unturnable" this time? feel like the front wheel have no grip on turn. @long beach i can drive a stock car better than the once beloved sprintrace. Is a Anvil. (tecnical term)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just tried a few races, seems better!!!

4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tried the same cars and track. Did see the A.I. sticking two wheels on the grass a little on first lap with overtaking and 3 wide battles on straights, odd wheel on grass on inside whilst defening on a corner, but nothing that seemed unreasonable for first lap tussles, as the field then thinned out they seemed just fine, used good lines.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Hav'nt come across this invisible ceilening thing, what exactly happens?

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Having said that, my A.I. aggression is set at 60% I think. Ive found since the last few updates ive been able to lower it. Ages ago I could have it at 100% and they were still too timid, I like the fact that now that slider is useful and you can have them a bit too timid, a bit too aggressive, or just about right, I find you have to really keep pace the higher the aggression cause then they are expecting you to be as aggreswsive as they are and not slow down

7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried a new Formula Classic Championship, and I am not able to refuel the Car (FCGen3-M2)
    After that I edited it to an Formula V10 Gen2 Championship where I have the ability to refuel.
    And edited to a Formula V12, without the ability,
    And after that to an Formula V10 Gen2 again, without the ability to refuel, probably lost it during the process ??

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can we just remove any and all restrictions to refueling? They serve no practical purpose and block a lot things that people want to do.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Agree, I think the more options we have, the better. For example, may be I would like to start a Formula Ultimate championship with refueling enabled, even if in the real world refuelling is banned.

May be a good way is if the game set it up as the real car series as it is now, but with the option to override the real world too if the player wants it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Manohy

Manohy Member

He is right. I am sad for AMS2. This could be AMS2...The king of formula...So much potential...but it went Gt3, USA etc. The new RRRE FFB is a monster combined with the Formula cars. Also RRRE has a bunch of US tracks imagine if it releases more GTE or US cars

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  11. sk8

sk8 Member

You hit a bump on one side and instead of the car starting to roll, it reaches a set point and returns down.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Thanks mate I'll have to check that out! On a good note, the new update has fixed at least three major issues, im so happy about this. Vid coming soon to show them off!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

I do love R3E for some reason. But no night, no rain, no seasons and so on...
    Therefore surely not my daily goto sim... o_O

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Wished MP public lobbys had some more variation from time to time. Mostly it's dry and clear.. Makes it a bit boring, but 99% of the players can't handle any other situation and quits after 1 lap/turn anyway. Weather is beautiful gameplay-changer and shakes things up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mostly keep beating AMS2 up due its shortcomings here on the forum, but there is no denying the weather and live track features are absolute top notch.

I would say the same about FFB, but as an owner of a G29 I don't think I can really state that. For the Logitech wheels it is definitely a banger, although I've not tried the new R3E.

16. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Huh? If this could be AMS2 then... why not just play R3E instead? I don't understand what point you're trying to make with this post. R3E is very good and the new FFB put it back on the map for me. But ultimately it doesn't simulate as many aspects of racing and driving that are interesting to me and many other people (not everyone of course). As far as content goes AMS2 is so much more than GT3 and USA. Including more open wheelers than R3E.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

As I have said in some posts I have abandoned AMS2 completely because the formula cars I prefer in AMS2 has been destroyed by the limiter sound.
    AMS2 is unplayable for me :(

But I have to say that eventhough I now play Raceroom instead then I severely miss AMS2´s tire model and physics.
    Im talking about the pretty realistic bouncing and the way you can regain grip if you play your throttle and steering wheel cards right in AMS2.
    And maybe the most urgent thing in AMS2 - the direct contact between input and response.
    To the contrary of AMS2 I dont feel connected to the tarmac in Raceroom - because of the permanent delay/lag from your driver input to the cars response.
    Any feeling of contact or directness feels way way too smoothed out compared to AMS2.:)

But as said: The limiter sound in AMS2 is complete poo :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Completly disagree on that.How can you say that if you not have a FFB ;)wheel.
    Eysight to the blind.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

Well after testing the sim after the new update today I am so happy! There has been some real progress and quite a few important fix'es to some long standing issues. Think I've figured out whats been done with traction control aswell!

Was very happy to make this video.

BRAVO REIZA!!!

20. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Also... (Takes deep breath...)

It predates the dinosaurs, which never bodes well with regards to being able to utilize modern hardware to it's fullest. (My gpu and hmd are crying!)
    The FFB-situation is overhyped; Tried extensively and found it to vary wildly from car to car.
    Suspect the new system brings the biggest improvement to DD wheels.
    Also, was that a video by DDF racer? R3E is really his mainstay, and has been for the longest time.
    I could go on ad nauseum about why I have 350 hours on R3E, and that number has been somewhat stationary for a while.
    Just feels dated and lacking to me overall, a bit depressing.
    A little spin in the Caterham Academy around Long Beach fixes that... I think this car is criminally underrated(in VR) anyway, and deserves more love.

In other news; what happened to my wonderful Sprintrace car?! It turned into an understeery hog overnight?!