1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Re the TC, do tell. I could not work out this change

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its fixed the TC, it no longer just stops the car accelerating when its on full, it works like it should do. Go to 10mins into the video and I show you how that looks in more detail. Its all just fecking great news! I mean its not like there ar'nt other bugs that seriously need addressing, but they're getting through them, and at one hell of a pace!

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha. Had one lobby. 10 or 11 people. First 2 laps were awesome. Then it started to rain. Half field gone. So amazing :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

I had one like that on Nords, started to rain after a bit, got worse in spots and lightened up again. So cool. People who drop out are missing some good fun. Wasn't easy on slicks!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Manohy

Manohy Member

You're right RRRE has no dynamic weather but It's doing good with the other aspect of sim racing like AI (best accross all sim) , multiplayer, esport, lot of content, very good FFB, cheaper that AMS2 (less than 100$ to get all the content), etc. Also in a more global perspective dynamic weather will be a standard for all sim soon. The standard "small studio" excuse doesn't really apply here as sector 3 is a small studio also.

You should not be so black or white. If...this...then...that. If you really love AMS 2 you should be sensitive how RRRE new version could affect AMS2. Other than an amusement, a sim is also an investment...A sim need to be the king of something to keep on the market. I know there is a double reality, for fans it's the king of everything. But let's suppose we look at the other reality.

If AMS2 is not the king of GT3, not the king of FFB, not the king of physic, not the king of AI,not the king of content pricing, not the king of sold copy, not the king of formula, not the king of MP. So what's left? King of graphic and VR? Yes may be but pretty sure it's temporary. The modded Assetto Corsa dynamic weather (24h cycle and weather slot) with wet physic is the biggest "threat" If I can say so. It's still in beta but once officially released it will be a game changer. Plus if set up correctly AC has a very beautiful dry graphic. In the other hand many people think it's already the best looking dynamic weather graphic accross all sim. It's hard to compete with sim that have hundreds of dedicated devs and content creator. I'm not trying to sell AC, it sells itself crazy well already.

UPDATE Random Callsign just posted this today, this is what I mean , my prediction is taking form . I didn't expect the video title but it's more explicit.

I say all of this because I was convinced that AMS2 could be the king of formula cars ( classic and modern). Something like Senna Pack may be? Anyway I 've written this many times here in the forum. But it seems that the focus has been shifted away. I really hope it finds a place where it can shine alone (kind of "uncontested"). It needs it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. sk8

sk8 Member

With live weather I got rained on at Spielberg and the traction control worked beautifully in GTE.
    Can adjust for the perfect amount of slip.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I have tried really hard over the last few days to like RRE, so I could find out what people like about it, and potentially buy the content.

but I think most fans must have low expectations for the Sim .

it’s like playing grand turismo on ps2 at best , such is the lowly graphics, the clunky and slow menu even with a much improved secondary ui , the dated arcade hud, a car list that’s full of repeats, and a overly hyped new ffb that while much smoother than before, is only semi informative and seems slow to react , and overall a bit numb and arcade.
    it’s a pain to set up the many many keybindings you need to somehow remember because it doesn’t interface with secondary mouse input very well .
    I tried the online as well and encountered a heap of idiots and skipping cars , which is something I’ve never experienced in AmS2.

The only class that pricked my interest was the DTM , but all the above just makes it less enjoyable.
    So regrettably I just can’t justify spending money on it , coming back to Ams2 is like upgrading from a old rear projection TV to a 2021 Qled big screen.

once ranked multiplayer comes to Ams2 , it’s going to be the best and easiest sim to just jump in and enjoy.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I really couldn't care less if it's perceived as the "king of something" as long as it sells enough copies to enable the long term project. If someone enjoys another sim more, go ahead. Why are you so concerned about it?

ByTheWay: AMS2 is king of Stock Car Brasil, but I guess that doesn't count ;).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Manohy

Manohy Member

I love this one mate. I laughed a lot. You made my day. Seriously, not sarcastic or something like that but the humor is gold how it put it together. I'm strangely concerned about it because may be I'm more enjoying AMS2 from a market dynamic perspective.
    Technically I know the sim is very good in some area for example Formula cars and open wheels. No longer need to argue about it.

I'm only vocal when there are bugs preventing me to play it. It's hard to understand sometimes similar to the fact that for example my self has difficulty to understand why some people use a sim just for making liveries and shooting photos. I guess in 2021 everyone has his way to enjoy a sim other than driving it lol. AMS2 is my marketing study to go sim for the moment. PC2,AMS1 it has so many specificity that could be studied as a marketing case. May be because the sim racing universe boomed in 2020 so it attract more various point of view.

By the way AMS2 was the only sim I played during 2020. I loved it. Due to sad circumstances ( updates, etc) , the ethusiam faded over the months (i'm not the only one ;) ). Still love it but not like before. I guess this love is leading me to this strange behaviour.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I play both sims extensively.

What R3E does better:
    - ranked multiplayer and netcode in general
    - camera settings that don't bounce like crazy
    - physics that are more consistent and less frustrating
    - the whole sound environment (not necessarily individual car sounds)

What AMS2 does better:
    - state-of-the-art graphics, lighting changes etc.
    - more exciting driving experience and better tyre model
    - better open-wheel and fast aero cars without weird porpoising effects
    - wet driving

I quite like the new FFB of R3E, it may be a bit understated but it just makes sense and feels like you're driving the actual car instead of interpreting a weird jumble of tyre forces that sometimes made driving harder rather than easier. It's almost like AC without the constant rig-shattering high-frequency jolts.

Both games are worth owning and contain surprisingly little overlapping content. If AMS2 should "borrow" something from R3E, it is the camera smoothing system. ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. oez

To an extent probably yes. As I said I think it's very good, but ultimately is a perfected package of a limited simulator underneath. That's only a bad thing if you expect big things such as the aforementioned dynamic weather system. But the driving itself is nice in Raceroom. I'm still not sure if I get along super well with its oversteer handling, but this new FFB makes it much better than before

I haven't tried the ranked multiplayer system, only community online races. So no comment on that. I suppose any online ecosystem will have its share of idiots. I wouldn't expect any less from AMS2 to be honest. I think Raceroom is perfect for the modern sim crowd that's mostly interested in online racing. Which is not everyone.

I'm more of a sim systems guy. Stuff like random weather, track conditions, tire degradation etc. interest me above online. Of course the driving has to make sense too - especially oversteer handling.

Raceroom does DTM like no other. Some say it's the king of DTM. All I know is that the '92 DTM Mercedes is better to me than AMS2's Group A equivalent. Of course that could change next week for all we know.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. oez

Yeah that's unfortunate mate. I get it. AMS2 does need constructive feedback though so don't think that's I'm discouraging that. I was just confused by the marketing study. It does make sense as a personal interest. At the same time I would remain optimistic :).

Yes this is really the key with sims. We've had so many different kinds along the years. Driving satisfaction wasn't a thing at all originally. Nascar and Indy were very in depth focused on those single series at the time. Grand Prix games were also deep simulations of all the things that happened during a GP weekend. And had telemetry and detailed setups. This was all at a time when FFB wasn't really a thing for most people.

Contrast that with something like AC which is (or was, dunno about mods in 2021) really only about the driving itself to most people if I can make such a simplistic claim. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that kind of focus, but it's not the same thing as before.

I think there is still a hunger for that sort of tinkering with some people. I don't know why it would go away. But there's also the photography as you mentioned. And I personally like how tires seem to cool down faster if I move away from the dry line into the wet part of the track in AMS2. The feeling that there's a lot going on under the surface means a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I tried your beloved Formula Reiza to see this abomination and was surprised that I could drive out of most pit lanes without even getting near the limiter and where I did hit the limiter it sounded....like a limiter! Unbelievable that we are forced to hear this sound that makes the whole game unplayable.
    Such a limited attitude in a world full of problems that this is the limit that breaks the game for you.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If only there was a button you could press that prevents you from ever hearing the limiter sound. Oh well...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I really dont see what the issue with bouncing is, settings Im using don't give me any issues and jumping between both titles the camera movement seems more or less the same the same ?

HSS = off , head movement = 0 , legacy head movement on, g force = 0 , look to apex = 5 , Helmet leaning = 5 , cam leaning = 5

I feel the RRe Ffb is like a vague disconnected rack with too much power steering, It still has random spikes , but they are getting clipped by max force scale, so shows a poor range I feel. and like @oez i cant feel the oversteer until its too late and certainly cant dance with it like you can in Ams2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. F1Aussie

That's cool then, that certain my was an oddity. Now i just need to work out how the TC works. I know you have low and high in the menu so how does that interact with the 1 - 10 settings?

17. F1Aussie

Not on the fly though right? You have to pit to change it? As far as I am aware there is only an off, low, high that can be mapped to change on the go.

18. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

This, you turn but no.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. oez

Check the ICM (in car management). TC is there from 0 to 10. There should be mappable buttons for TC adjustments later too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. F1Aussie

Oh right, never looked at the ICM for TC settings, lol. How does the low and high interact with the 1-10 steps, I have never understood this

• Agree Agree x 2