1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I hope it is not a custom championship, because it will never stop and you can do the last race a million times without ever finishing your season. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't really care, I'm keeping my own spreadsheet of results anyway since they don't provide the historically correct scoring option (9-6-4-3-2-1 with only best 11 races counting). The same that I've been doing for years through Grand Prix 2, rFactor 1, Race 07 etc. You deal with enough sims, you get very good at working around small issues.

• Like Like x 1
  3. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

What should happen after the last championship race by the way? Other than the championship ending and archiving itself. Doesn't seem like there would be any fancy cutscene for a while. What if the game filled the screen with Fuscas like when you win in Windows Solitaire?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I once did that, too. But if a game offers such a tool, I expect it to work in a way that you can not only start but also finish the season when using it. It does not work, which means that obviously nobody ever tested it. So, I stay with AMS 1 fo seasons, because it's custom tool works. The one of AMS 2 is a step back.

5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

It should not offer you to do the last race again and again. Just an information that season has ended and you can start a new one. But AMS 2 tells you that season is still not finished yet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. macbtz

macbtz Member

Is some kind of results file generated after a race, as in most simulators, or do you simply manually enter the data in a spreadsheet?

7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sadly no, and I wish they added some way to export the results. You have to manually make note of the finishing order and then translate the fake driver names to their real-world liveries and tabulate the results.

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I find the issue is not so much that they slow down but the fact they are so fast to start with. if I don't have my AI set correctly I could outqualify then by between 2-4 seconds but then not be able to keep up with them at the beginning of the race.

9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can use second monitor to produce reports,

report.PNG

• Useful Useful x 4
  10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

@oez What should happen after the last championship race by the way?

You should be awarded 1 of these next to your avatar.:D

stickers-gold-laurel-wreath-award-winner.jpg

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Unbenannt.JPG

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have had them only online but I must say that 95% of my races are online. Even test races I do online with AI just to try and avoid issues like the ones I had yesterday.

13. macbtz

macbtz Member

The sheet that you show seems to be a race report, apart from having a second monitor, could you explain to me how you do it?
    Thanks in advance.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Not excusing any issues, but I think your strategy is quite misguided. As far as I am aware, there are zero issues of the sort you reported offline, but there are a plethora of similar reports for online going all the way back to SMS titles predating Reiza and AMS 2. Unless you are playing with other humans, never add multiple layers of potential complication by going online to do something you can do offline (practise or race against AI).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. twinrix

twinrix New Member AMS2 Club Member

Its a free tool you can use in pretty much any sim to track races, telemetry and much more. Very usefull.

Winzarten/SecondMonitor

Btw in when using real weather in the championship tool i got the problem that most of the time the textures on the side of the track dont load after the first session. I guess thats because the championship tool sets the date to the qualifying / practice to 2019, the race takes part on the present day. It tries to load different textures for the different part of the year i think.
    Did not find a way so far to set the date of the qualifying / trainig session the same day the race takes part.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. macbtz

macbtz Member

Thank you very much for the information

17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be more precise, for this race I did 5x 70min test races. 3x were online with AI and 2x were offline with AI, all of them in the previous two days before the actual race. All with the same track conditions and the same setup. None of them showed tires consumption issues or low tire temps. Then during the real race day I couldn't even finish the quali lap without seeing a significant (10%) tire consumption. Understeering was huge and lack of grip was such that my quali lap was 0.9s slower. In race trim the car was less understeering (obviously since fuel in the Vette goes at the rear) but consumption was completely off. I reckon at least 4 times faster than any test race. Tire temps were in the low 70s when in all test races with the same track temp and the same time of the day they were 90+.
    Like someone else said earlier, it seems like the issues with track conditions syncing in MP aren't new and are coming from far back in time to the PC2 era so I guess there is something that needs to be addressed there.

• Informative Informative x 4
  18. Mike Martik

Mike Martik New Member

Worst ai ever in sim racing. Online race and no sense

• Disagree Disagree x 14
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll disagree. There are some combos where AI is not fun, but boy - there are some that you can't get your grin away after the race. They are aware, attacking hard. Lack of better defending is annoying and some unreal speeds on corner exits. Not perfect by any means with plenty of work left, but clearly not the "worst AI ever in simracing".

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Pls Elaborate as both are work in progress .
    Specifics would help here or below in thread
    Official AI Report Topic

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1