1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 AI has some hickups for sure and will keep on improving. I disagree, it's "the worst" by any means, tho.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are worse AI out there, definitely. Does not mean AMS2 AI is good enough, though, at least for the combos I race with, with maybe 1 exception: F3 at Santa Cruz (Clear Weather, AI 100/65). Still has a clearly "fake" pace/grip, but nonetheless almost fully enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At least the AI in AMS2 don't get stuck on the grid behind you waiting for the for you to go and eventually DNF if you don't move, like they do in some hardcore simulations constantly praised on RaceDepartment. :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

..so much stuff to read in this forum before a post like that.., we are not baby sitter or troll buster.., you cannot enter in a bar kicking the door..
    -- Your coffee is sh***, now tell me why...--
    Read kids, read. (I suppose, if he/she is an adult ,we are in problem)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Some great racing there, albeit at Interlagos with probably the best calibrated AI in the game together with Silverstone, Bathurst and Daytona imho.

You see, you race the AI as carefully as if it's a human being, respecting their lines and braking zones, but still fighting for that position. A lot of sim racers think the AI is there to be bashed and pushed out of the way, because how dare they cause you to lose 0.5s on a lap o_O. Now we all know that the AI is not perfect, but I find them enjoyable and racy most of the time :cool:. Yes there are corners/straights on specific tracks that frustratingly causes some erratic AI behaviour, but as seen with recent Reiza updates, they are willing to listen and fix where they can.

I put 15hrs in on AC last week, and man was it a frustrating experience to get the ffb and AI to behave as well as on AMS2. Don't get me wrong, I still love AC for it's content and racing experience ;)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

While we're on the AI topic, I personally think it should be Reiza's number 1 priority to improve the AI to the best of their abilities, even over new content (for which I paradoxically can't wait) and physics since AMS2 is currently aimed at the offline market and the AI makes or breaks the current AMS2 experience.

• Like Like x 1
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally, I like the AI in AMS2.
    Sometimes they are driving stubborn as me :) and kick someone off the track (yes, like me, too :eek:).
    Everything is OK, but I feel a big diffference between open wheelers and GT/StockCar cars.
    Open wheelers like the F1 cars, the AI has a strange behavior, it's sometimes like Ping-Pong, they swich from right to left and left to right in such a rapid way which is not possible in real life, I think. IRL they will loose control when doing something like this. The AI has to be a bit more smooth for F1 cars and not this Rambo-like driving...
    But with all other series, it's really good and 'realistic' (imho), much better than it was in earlier times. But of course, there is always potential to make things better:D

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree.

I believe the amount of people playing slower & fatter cars is considerably larger than us driving the lean, agile and fast open wheelers mainly, so comments on AI behaviour end up conflicting on this forum, naturally biased towards AI being great because of that.

Probably AI woes are somehow masked on slower and less agile classes naturally, but they are much easier to perceive on the opposite end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a dastardly slur against the Fusca. For shame! :D

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Hi, fully agreed !
    I have also recognized that AI reacts more strange the stranger the conditions are.
    Try racing in Monaco with heavy rain and you'll see the AI coming to it's limits.
    Its nearly impossible to do a "clean" race in that conditions, but ok, this is really hard for any AI I think. I tried out the new F1 2021 with F2 cars in similar condiitons and of course it is easier to drive but is it the AI or is it because F1 2021 is designed for a wider range of customers ? Means "smoothening" the real conditions. If you like you can compare this video with a F1 2021 which you can also find on my channel. Have a nice day and keep on racin' ! Just2Laps

• Like Like x 1
  11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem with F1 AI at Monaco is they have no concept of "too narrow". They will happily go 3-wide anywhere whereas a person would just recognise there is no space and stick to an orderly queue.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Even pit-entry they try 3 abreast sometimes... On that note, they really need to settle down on the cooldown lap. It's like they didnt see the flag at all!

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I was surfing youtube and I came across this video. And it is one of the most realistic I have ever seen. And I am talking about the windscreen view. That is so realistic. Also the color grading and lighting and exposure. Maybe interesting for AMS2? The rest of the views isn't that great and also the outside effects of the rain and water spray is pretty bad but the windscreen view is so good.
    I know the Madness Engine has a good lighting engine so it would be possible I think.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yeah, the windshield situation is great with the rain, I suspect the guy who does this has, by now, pretty much turned this into a dayjob.
    That's the advantage of a good modding platform like AC, the potential for literally hundreds of modders, spending thousands of manhours on all aspects of the game.
    AC's dev cycle ended a while ago, but it really never ended.
    Personally, I use the Natural_Mod pp filter, as I find that to look the most natural in all the times of day, but the GTsport one is spiffing as well ,seems to be quite popular.
    I think at some point Reiza will further improve the visual rain effects, and imo the actual wet surface physics are already coming along nicely, which is still sort of here-and-there in AC. I also like the fact that in AC, you can have a light thunderstorm without having rain, via the SOL weather setting.
    AC can look insane, for me it's the "golden hour" late-evening time of day, with the godrays lighting up your cockpit.
    The advantage of having one team in charge of it all, is that in the end, you can have a nice race in beautiful rain effects+physics, without having to keep all manner of mods up to date so they play nicely with each other.
    (to take things even further astray, this is pretty much what turned me away from ETS2)
    Between AC, and all it has to offer now, and AMS2, with all that is yet to come, I have no more wishes honestly, as far as simracing goes.

15. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I have watched a couple of his videos now. And holy moly. I don't know if it is only intended for replay only but if you can play at that level then that would be incredible. And to make sure I am not talking about physics or that. Just the graphics are mind-blowing look at this https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=tw7GTuiHFbI&t=6s . I have never seen something live like (driveclub could look really good at times but wow).
    I was very surprised when I looked at it.
    And I believe AMS2 can achieve it too. The graphics and lighting engine of AMS2 is very good already. Wow

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think some guys already managed to find some settings that really make also AMS2 feel like a real world camera car, but not sure what they have done and whether it it from GPU or game side...

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it comes from shooting the screen with a camera. I have done that with several of the sims, and I find that AMS 2 looks the most real of them. Especially if you desaturate the clip a little. I think overall the graphics in AMS 2 are too saturated, and a saturation slider would be beneficial.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

a real Cam on Real helmet on 100k setup and post Processing?:)

19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would be nice... I would love to have a similar rendering of the game action

• Like Like x 1
  20. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I think this is really on point.
    Perfect example of this mentality here:

Ignore the text overlay that he added at a later time, after receiving negative comments - and focus on the commentary.
    It's exactly what you're talking about.

• Agree Agree x 6