1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not on/off with the RSR. It's likely a tad too sensitive/odd in the rise and peak of the curve, tho...for whatever reason. It's not completely broken or wrong, tho.^^
    Uhm, i don't think, you understood, what people meant with throttle map... (Rain tires might receive some changes, no idea, if less grippy but they will very likely receive changes :whistle:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No it's not, as we can see here:

throttle.jpg

A bit nonlinear but probably within reason for older cars without ECUs.

Porsche 911 RSR | Octane

"There’s 340bhp on tap here, in a very light 911 with an instant response to the throttle. [...] On the straight I held it at 8000rpm with just a little bit of throttle. [...] The older the car, the quicker you have to go on the throttle, but you can only go fast if you lift off the throttle first. With this car, the more the throttle, the more the traction, but I’m not fighting it. [...] And it’s moving around a lot on the straight."

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

At least on the wheel driver thing we are even.
    Because my wheel also dont have/use a driver.
    It is recognised by Windows as a default USB analog input device with 4 axis and a lot of buttons.
    And what I (hope) I have pointed out then its possible to get both a strictly linear and like me a more progressive wheel turning law by combining a slightly special calibration when the menu ask for 90 degree turning and then afterwards combining it with change of the Sensitivity value in AMS2.
    Under 50 gives more progressive law when turning
    Over 50 gives hectic movement in the middle and a more slow/low reaction when turning the wheel at extremes.

4. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Any other wheel issues for anyone?
    Just today My G27 keeps going off-center when playing AMS2? as soon as it launches into the menus it tweaks my wheel off-center so it has to be like 20* to the left to go straight ?? then when I exit the game & fire up a different game the error is still there & I have to recalibrate the wheel with the Logitech software to have it straight again so I can drive my other sim's, and it's fine again, then as soon as I fire up AMS2 it tweaks it to the left again & its stuck again .. I deleted everything & did a fresh install to see if some old profile was causing issues but as soon as it launched & I choose G27 in the controllers it again tweaks 20* to the left;-( IDK wtf is going on .. I haven't heard of any wheel issues like this for G27's so It could just be my 10-year-old G27 is finally dying..?:eek::rolleyes: ...

5. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The most authentic way for me, to overcome this quirk was to apply Porsche ZF 915/08 gearbox data to AMS2. It was the most commonly used Gerabox later on and used well into the late 80's and oft retro-fitted into older Porsche 911. It was, however not introduced before 1976.

Differential Ratio: 3.875/1
    1st: 2.400/1
    2nd: 1.684/1
    3rd: 1.318/1
    4th: 1.080/1
    5th: 0.889/1
    Reverse 3.325/1

Drexler Limited Slip Differential
    40/60 ramp angles (power/brake)
    80N Preload
    6 Clutches

Unfortunately the later options are not present currently in AMS2

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Not saying the 74 RSR is perfect in its current form, because I honestly don't know, but where does this sentiment come from that every car in every sim must instantly be accessible to every player? I've been noticing this more and more, and not only in AMS2. Where did the mantra of "You need to practice to be fast" go? You can't drive a 50 year old car on old tires like a modern GT3 and expect it to work out.

People need to adjust to the car, not expect the car to be adjusted to their preferred style of driving. The RSR needs a few laps to warm up and scrub the tires in so it becomes controllable. All its weight is in the back on those massive tires, so of course it will understeer as long as there is rear traction and the tires are old tech, so with all the weight of course the rears will be overwhelmed easily if you give it too much throttle. Calm your right foot down, swing the rear out a bit in a controlled way to counteract the understeer and there you go driving a 70s car. You steer them in the throttle, you don't do that in modern GTs.

I personally have no issues with the RSR, probably because I mainly drive this type of car in any sim that will let me. Consequently, everything with a lot of downforce like GT3 and F1 doesn't work so well in my hands, because I'm driving those cars like I would an old car, and that's just slow. This works the other ways around as well, like I said.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Couldn't agree more. And somehow only AMS2 gets this treatment.

A new car released for AC/rF2 that's kind of tricky: "Ohmygod what a wonderful car so challenging everyone should try this out!"

A new car released for AMS2 that's kind of tricky: "Wtf broken Madness engine physics please fix!"

The sim racing community is broken.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Although I said early that the oversteer in the RSR can feel very sudden at low speeds, I still ended up driving it for more than an hour on the Norschleife yesterday, and at the end I could barely notice any understeer or oversteer as I adjusted to the car and learnt how to control those behaviours. And it's so fun, my favourite new car from Reiza in quite awhile.

The RSR in AMS2 drives 90% the same as the RSR in Raceroom, both can have extreme understeer until you get the hang of it, both are very easy to lock the brakes, specially when driving downhill, and both can have low speed oversteer on corner exit, although it's a bit more pronounced in AMS2 becouse the power delivery on throttle is quicker (that's the 10% difference between both sims, and it might be becouse the cars might not be the exact same version).

Considering how two separate physics devs from different titles reached pretty much the same result makes me believe that they probably got things right.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. CrimsonEminence

It's almost, as if they know, how this stuff works and how to work with this stuff better, than we average sim gamers.... :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Same place feelings take over facts i guess or the everyone gets a trophy sentiment.

11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

To those that are struggling with the RSR.. All I can say is take some more time to get to know it and keep working on your driving style as it requires a special touch. A car like this will make you a better driver just like it has for me..

... And how good are the custom controller profiles we now can create! This is a very welcomed feature and one that will make a lot of us happy..

Another solid update filled with many goodies including Salvador.. What a crazy fun track! :cool:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

„Man kann ein Auto nicht wie ein menschliches Wesen behandeln. Ein Auto braucht Liebe! “ (Walther Röhrl)
    Translation:
    "You can't treat a car like a human being. A car needs love!"
    (Walther Röhrl)

Great,just great!:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

If you already havent, try those settings in the RSR. Definitely way better than the stock setup :whistle: You may also want to play with tyre pressures (lower values for both tyres) and camber angles (lower values also)

I would also love to see this car (among the other 70's gt class cars that reiza will publish in the future) in Sebring (?) circuit..:cool::D

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You might want to butcher your car. Aah, typos are so funny.:p;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Such a small thing that created a lot of inconvenience. This feature was missing from PC2 and AMS2 big time. I’m so glad to see it here now. With actual TC and ABS buttons as well :cool:

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. CrimsonEminence

This is my personally biggest point with this update. I can play around with TC and ABS now, without dancing through the ICM...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I still haven't used them, I keep forgetting they exist now :D Is there a message in the HUD when you change TC/ABS levels? From what I read the car's dashboards don't yet reflect the change.

18. CrimsonEminence

Yup. Same like ARBs and BB.

• Like Like x 1
  19. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Do we know if it's later technically possible to change the cockpit's actual dash values with TC and ABS adjustments? I assume so since there are loads of actual numbers from the physics engine there such as oil pressure and various temps.

• Like Like x 1
  20. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Spent the yesterday tweaking ffb, switched from default to a custom file customised for lower end wheels. I have a T300 and it was a night and day difference for me. Instantly felt more comfortable/confident in the car. I'm sure it's possible to dial in the default to the same extent but, the custom files are really well documented and there's a ton of helpful settings suggestions in that thread.

Anyway I think the main problem I was having was the ffb driving me and not the other way around, causing big erratic movements I couldn't correct and missing finer details. Still not as quick as I am in R3E(which is not very quick at all) but a big improvement in overall feeling and confidence.I think getting my head around setups is the next step to dialling things in.

Maybe more than a few people's problems might be down to out of whack ffb settings more than anything else.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.