1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if still a joke...

In case it isn't: wow I did not actually disagree with you, just went with the joke you started. :D

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Mate...that was clearly a joke with tongue in cheek :)

3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes Pouhon is an example... In AC you get that even in the chicanes... So silly...

4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's just in case you don't like the car and want to re-sell it as new ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Sorry mate. Stressful day. Sincerest apologies and thanks for not throwing the dummy back..

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
  6. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I hope tomorrow is a nicer day!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. cnuk

cnuk New Member

BrunoB,
    There are a couple of things that I'm still unclear about (in an attempt to not derail the main topic, I tried to send you a PM, but evidently lack permission).

1. From a previous thread, you said: "The final undercalibration is activated when I after calibration is able to ask my wheel to "compress" the 360 degree to ½(=180 degre) by changing its HW lock to 180 degr."
    If you don't have software specific to your wheel, where are you changing/compressing the rotation, and what is "HW lock"?

2. From a previous thread, you said: "Under 50 gives more progressive law when turning"
    What is "law" (I'm assuming it's an acronym, but I haven't seen it before).

Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes. So much this.
    I've been playing multiple sim racing titles for a couple of years now and it has always been about getting to know the car you're driving - you have to understand its character.
    This is where AMS (1 and 2) really shines in my opinion. Every car his its own character and you have to adjust to it. There is no universal truth or formula. You have to get to know it, and that means that you have to drive a car for a couple of laps before you can feel comfortable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ClickerSnapper

ClickerSnapper Car in the Avatar, Rimac Nevera.

give me a bit , I'm gonna post a short video of 74 RSR of what is happening...I got to warm it up first...Back in a few. Inet seems slow, they doing some work here on the lines too. But it is on the way.
    All settings at defaults except add some fuel
    Notes:
    Car say's onboard brake bias ( not working except in tuning menu ).
    Bias ply tires in game? maybe? run a lap or 2 to heat them up.
    I noticed can only run these tires reliably to about 50% max then grip really falls off
    ( Ok by me ).
    1974 911 RSR wobbles at high speeds ( I get that. I'm 62 ) no power steering in game? maybe I did not check that.
    reminds me of my 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu ( had bias plies ). It would get pretty light at high speed and shake, probably due to balancing that was available at the time?.

Final comment : I did do some custom tuning for the tracks I ran it on so far and that seemed to help a lot softened the susp a little and lower rear Anti roll bar, going to test some camber and toe settings later, If all this is working in game ( i only had this a few weeks ) then I should be able to tweak more to my liking. All in all a fun car to drive. I never drove this car in real life, so I have no real life experience to compare it to.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  10. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Before this latest July 31st patch I had absolutely no problems using my TS-PC Racer Ferrari 488 Edition wheel and T-LCM Pedal set racing in AMS2 (I just league raced on 7/30/21). I read the posts here that you need to create a new control set. I get that. I did that and I also calibrated the wheel and pedals. At the end of the calibration it said the Steering Lock was set to 228 degrees. What?! When I get in any car and try to drive the wheel is frozen in place at 45 degrees to the right and won't move. Does anyone have a solution to help me fix this wheel problem? The game is completely unplayable now.

11. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Great update! Porsche RSR drives very nicely and I had a blast on Taruma last week, however I have noticed one strange behaviour during slow tight corners (hairpins and longer slow corners): So when a car is settled down in the midle of the corner and mainly lateraly loaded, I have noticed that increase of the steering lock above some value "unlocks" back end which results in a very strange oversteer. Besides that I think that car behaves very nice!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

@TrigMan59
    And again i must ask if you deleted the Documents/AMS2 folder and startet from scratch?
    In Thrustmaster Control Panel everything is ok there?:)

Edit: I was thinking of buying the new T-LCM Pedals,but now i'm not so sure how long they will work.

13. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Nice, although not sure I agree that it is difficult to understand why people have trouble with the RSR - it's a tricky car to drive fast or maybe I'm just lacking your skill. I find it much harder to keep up with the AI on the Nordschleife and really tricky to pass them - as soon as you go off your normal line or try to out brake them you realise how unforgiving a car it is - I think it's pretty easy to see how folk find it a handful, I do! It's enjoyable though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Nailed it! At this point, after many hours of intense racing and tweaking, that's just about my only beef.
    Guess what, I discovered I'm not Senna, and actually have to work at mastering car control sometimes...
    Who knew?
    But I changed some setup parameters, and now I seem to have found my stride with it. Was going to post on how I was too harsh earlier, but maybe I can just work it in here.
    And the ONE time, I'm uncharacteristically savage about something, GamerMuscle blows his tea-load all over the thing?! Check that out if you haven't.
    I was all together too harsh about the handling and I did not expect to gel with it as I have...
    All it took was time, and Alegunner's CSW-tune for the FFB(I'm on a t300rs).
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/rfuktor-tunes2-zip.16139/

I will set a time in TT @ Imola(modern) if anyone wants to grab the setup.

Maybe it wasn't such a bright idea to familiarize myself with a 70's rear-engined beast like this at a narrow, twisty and bumpy street circuit.
    Imola '72, Spielberg '74 and Cascais(without Satan's chicane...:confused:) are much better places to get a feel for things. The RSR does well paired with the Group A, really really fun!

The crux of my post is, I think Reiza nailed it, really nailed it this time, default FFB may not do it justice, and setup makes(imo) a HUGE difference. This one is worth the time invested...

EDIT: For those looking for a setup, Steelreserv has posted the quickest time @ modern Imola.
    Idk if this is still a WIP, but it felt a lot better than default

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ClickerSnapper

ClickerSnapper Car in the Avatar, Rimac Nevera.

I think Iv'e figured out the RSR! I just drove it on new track Salvador Street they must have made this car for that track lol. RSR needs that sharp turn for the u-turn corners on the track. LOL IMO. Ai 100 75 aggressive. talk about a challenge! All RSR's in race 18 just beautiful. watch out for those concrete barriers!

16. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Throttle mapping is basically the power-output in correlation to the throttle-input and you don't need to be a wizard on the throttle to control the Porsche RSR. The brakes are more crucial and I needed to increase the maximum brake pressure for better results because the wheels locked up before and I wasn't noticing it enough. One thing that should be improved is wheel-lockup mostly over sound-feedback, that isn't so obvious compare to other titles like iRacing and AC for example. It makes it difficult to find the sweetspot while braking those cars. The throttle response is rather more tame compare to other titles and especially in AMS1 this was ludicrous tricky.

I'm not a fan of ridiculous throttle-response and doubt that with the G's envolved real drivers can be that precise and want to push asap anyway. But when I can go WOT for example with the Ultima Race on the apex while cornering without spinning, it is too tame. This car was better before as well as others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Your interpretation of people reporting issues is what's broken mate! Thanks for the typical hyperbole surrounding reporting any issues though. Don't forget to get out your insta-disagree tag.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yep... Custom ffb, setup tweaking and lots of practice. Completely in love now.
    I was overdriving it like crazy, turns out.
    Weird how everything just falls into place?!
    I'll take it...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That’s the final version. I’m glad you like it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

This! And that's the unfortunate thing.
    Everyone went for the new car on the new track when they're not at all suited.
    Salvadore's more like a Formula E track. Nightmarish in most cars, but especially an RSR, and only magnifies the issue some people are having with slow corners (which I'm not, strangely)

The RSR shines at the historic tracks. Silverstone being another one where it's super fun.

Edit - and everyone needs to try the M1 Procar again. It's transformed and much more dynamic under throttle at corner exit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.