1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The coil springs are only short helper springs, not main springs. Coil mainsprings were not used in Porsches before 1988. You can see this also in the design of the 911 that changed in size, not in shape. The whole 911 design had to grow a lot to the hughe cars we have now. Coil springs would not have allowed such small flat nosed cars. That was also the reason why Porsche did stick so long to torsion bars particulary in the front, low profile hoods and fenders.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A spring is a spring, helper or not.. When you say there were no spring options this is not entirely correct..

• Like Like x 1
  3. McClutch

I never said there were no spring option. I just wrote that the OEM values are not selectable in AMS2.

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried the damn rsr for the first time tonight. Thought I would try an easy track like the proper version of hockenheim but it starting raining soon after I started. Couldn't keep the fricken thing in a straight line and it kept trying to kill me so I parked it. Think I will wait for some updates to sort out its handling before I try it again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wanna show your fat bottomed girl, eh?

Oh you gonna take me home tonight
    Oh down beside that red fire light
    Oh you gonna let it all hang out
    Fat-bottomed girls you make the rocking world go round

First verse fits perfectly:cool:

6. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Regards my post about throttle mapping...
    Just to be clear, I'm talking about mapping of the simulated engine regards it's fueling and intake system in response to throttle position. But I'm not expecting a linear response.
    Sit and hold the RSR full throttle.
    Slowly release throttle to near zero input.
    The car is still revving its boll0cks off despite the closing of throttle plate(s) and reduction in fuel/air input. That shouldn't be happening. Full stop. More so if we're talking lightened/balanced parts, flywheel, crank, rods etc etc. That would initiate an even snappier reduction in RPM.
    This is in addition to the lack of any RPM from tickover to 3.5-4K RPM.

7. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

This is what happened to me as well, and likely precisely the experience of many of us.
    Trust us; If you're on default ffb, grab a custom one, the default one doesn't do the car any favours.
    Steelreserv's setup is another step in the right direction.
    It does certain things during low-speed cornering that I find odd and unrealistic, but I've largely overcome that by now.
    It's a weird one, in that it will come to you at some point.
    That point for me, was the 2nd day.

I wish you luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. F1Aussie

Thanks, definitely gonna need luck. I tried my usual go to of playing with suspension to soften the rear which made it understeery but still ugly in the low speed stuff, but still fishtailed in a straight line in the wet.
    Haven't looked at any of Steels setups but think I may have to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

If you are lapping with a tt ghost you can appreciate a weird rotation stuff on tight corner going on. Ex. @monaco

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

It doesn't seem weird to me :confused: what is it you see on tight corners? I find it very predictable and I really enjoy driving it and fear these comments are what drive Renato to make changes to cars. He obviously released in this way because he feels or has data to go by then people can't or done enjoy driving it so he tames it and lessens the real value.

I don t know, just wondering what it is that a few find bad about it?

11. McClutch

The optimal way is to let the simulation and custom setups do the job. But, currently the RSR 74 is, while somewhat drivable in TT sprints, not tameable by the setup, because the parameters I would use to tame it for a more relaxed driving style for endurance use is neither there in choosable setup values, or non existent at all (LSD ramp) Just adding clutches is not a good way, since everything above 6 is simply unauthentic from a pure technical perspective for a Porsche with 915/03 .../08 gearbox.

Conclusion: The RSR 74 was not fully done anyway at release and changes have to be done.

And no, we Simmers do not just want "easier" but more authentic. It seems, for example, the majority is quite happy to the changes done to the BMW M1 Procar, that is much more lively on the rear now.

BTW I'm missing an Dev Update!
    It has never been that late!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Do you have any info to juatify this from Renato?

I find the car great even on defaults, it gets better with a good setup but hardly "somewhat drivable"!

Set-up parameters should only be available the same as the real car has and not just have every option enabled because it will make the car tamer for people who can't get used to certain characteristics.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Except that time it skipped a month.

Yes! It is much nicer now thanks to smooth grip and the fact that it throttle oversteers predictably.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Alien coming to town with 1.47 / gamepad...an is not me...:mad:

15. McClutch

There you have a problem, since the 930 series is probably the most tuned cars of all times, A Rally Setup with 26N/mm and 140mm rear Ground clearance would not be wrong either in that case. Speaking about Setup parameters... why not start clean with OEM Parameters?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

I don't know what is available (setup wise)for this class car but I'm sure it shouldn't have rally parameters available. I'm just stating it should only have available what is allowed for this class and not just open everything up to make it easier.

17. F1Aussie

So the beta did not pass the qa? Thought it may have been publicly available now to us minions

18. McClutch

But:

And why are you talking about easier? What is easier?
    The classic Porsches are not nicknamed "Motorsport Universalgerät" for no reason!
    Track, Road, Offroad, it dos not matter, it's just a question of setup and some catalogue parts.
    The whole Idea of the Porsche RS series was have a road legal race car that can be driven to the race, onto the track, and back home... on OEM parts and OEM setup.

The R in RSR just meant, you bring your 911 RS back to the factory and they tranform it into an RSR by removing everything unecessary and stiffening of the chassis and a wider rear width.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. 2ndLastJedi

I dont even know what this is or how it relates to AMS2?
    Maybe easier is the wrong word. But what do I know, I enjoy driving it with default set up.

20. 2ndLastJedi

?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.