1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I rather think its simply vacation time. If so, it's definately deserved.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

My two cents..

The situation of the forum is currently like that class with a couple of free hours, without a teacher. It regresses to increasingly acidic, disrespectful comments, especially against the creators of the game (teacher), I'm not discussing the quality of the sim, on a person level we are interfering too much. Reiza should do this, Reiza should do that. In my country we have 42 million coaches, in this forum there are 300 developers.
    I play from time to time, certainly not the center of my life as it shouldn't be, there are things I like, things that less, normal life.
    If there are things I don't feel exactly the way I want, I switch tracks, switch cars, switch combos, switch AI levels until I play that couple of hours and go back to my life. The forum has become a depressing read.
    I recommend closing the 3d of the new version after a certain number of days.

ps
    i don't care about what youtubers say, or people in the forum say.
    I try and judge.
    I have the feeling that the situation arose at the time of the editors of zzapp (for those of my age). Narcissists who have no other chance to live than to judge the work of others and never create their own.
    A hug.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Finishing races and not caring about where you finish is a good start. Anything can happen lap 2 and beyond. A lot of it is just surviving and lingering. Always lingering and keeping a close eye on whats developing ahead. Then theres just good old fashioned good luck and some bad luck too.

• Like Like x 2
  4. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

deleted

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. macbtz

macbtz Member

On the eve of the biggest motorsports event of the year, it would be nice if that big update arrived. I enjoy the 24 Hours of Lemans to the fullest and when I feel like it I like to sit in the cockpit, do some races and put the Eurosport in the background with the Le Mans broadcast. I look forward to the fixed custom championships.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad people are having fun racing online and/or offline. Hopefully I can get there too one day, but for myself, at the minute, the good racing in AMS2 is the very rare exception (notably F301 at Donington, AI 104/60, Clear Weather).

I boot up AMS2, try some normal car+track+weather combo vs the AI. The AI behaves in a very unbelievable way, as if their physics are way too far off what the player experiences. Then there are all those issues reported on the specific AI thread.

Then I try to go online. Guess what? Very few people online, spread out through different servers. Then when there is a server with more people in, the goddamn class chosen is GT3/GT4/GTE (my fault for my growing dislike for those cars). The sim racing community seem to transform every simulator into ACC, so I'm certainly part of the very tiny minority who truly can't find those cars fun. Anyway, back on topic, the races might start off with an ok grid, but soon enough half of the field leaves the race before half of its length. I'd dare to say they leave it for genuine reasons (too laggy, big crashes, herd effect, etc). So I basically experience server hopping every single time. 5-10 mins into one server, then something happens that makes me leave, hop into another server just to leave it after another 5-10 mins, rinse and repeat. Either I server hop like a mad bunny, or I race alone vs 1 guy, which leads to one of us leaving soon enough anyway.

Then we have the league races, where AMS2, I'm sorry to say, fails the most by not providing essential hosting features discussed to no end on the appropriated forum.

I sincerely believe everything is going to be better after a couple of updates from now, though. With upcoming ranking system (maybe some scheduled racing) will bring the online experience into another level of engagement. I'd say Reiza is working on said essential hosting features too, which will make AMS2 one of the top choices when it comes to league races, especially since its livetrack and weather systems are incredibly well done, building a very neat dimension into the league events.

But I would be lying if I said AMS2 is a good sim for pure racing atm. At least in my personal experience.

Edit: as per post in the previous page, for those disagreeing, check out my amazing online experience with AMS2:

No issues at all, right? Yeah.... and no, this is not an exceptional situation. I find it quite interesting many people are okay with it, though.

Edit 2: here's another example:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hell yes ! I grew up about 15 min from the good old' riverside raceway in so cal! I saw some great racing there as a kid in the 60's & 70's (I'm old as dirt now) we could hear the cars from our house on race day . I remember sitting across from the pits with my dad & we could see the uphill esses to the left & the 'state of the art back then' big banked turn at the end of sector 3 to the right.. the place is a shopping mall now ...:(:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I can unsettle the car over them easily... My gripe would be, the AI plow right trough them unscathed, so I try to follow suit, resulting in being tossed around like a ragdoll.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Agree and nearly everyone would naturally have this mentality.
    I'd still love to see a sim introduce an option for actual consequences for crashing.
    Like ending your race weekend, eating into a parts budget during a season or even injuring (or killing) yourself.
    It wouldn't need to be visual or anything that complex really.
    Just something to encourage real world behaviours.

• Like Like x 2
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thought we may have had a follow up patch by now. i only play custom championships and the broken time selecting is killing me, lol. First world problems hey....

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Let's be clear, most race cars are so competent compared to anything we drive on the road that they are extremely easy to drive--at road car speeds! They are not that hard to drive fast on a track, either. But, it's the last 5% of performance to achieve competitive speeds that is quite difficult and what separates those with skills and talent from the rest.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. McClutch

The career in Dirt Rally 2.0 already features that. Car wrecked, Rally over.
    Every part you damage drains your "Cr" credits, and your team can only repair a few things between stages. A total loss of the car will make you bancrupt very fast.
    You will find yourself more then once starting one or two stages with a rather "patched", than repaired car, hpoing theat the gear box or engine or cradiator will hold. Sometimes you might finish with an flat tyre... or on three wheels only. It's this details why it's still one of my favorites.

13. McClutch

what is roas cars speed, Here in Germany there is no limit, I have myself exceeded ther 250km/h mark more then once, and no, the Autobahn is not just straight. A few sections indeed resemble Race tracks very well.
    The curvature is often tight enough to let you experience what power understeer in a 200+hp front wheel car means, and feels like... just for example, or how it feels when a bump lifts a rear wheel in a curve at full throttle in your light 198hp Roadster.

Sports cars and race cars are not that far appart, and sometimes the difference is only slick tyres and a roll cage.... that's "FIA Group N" Racing, thats where you start and often get stuck till youre bancrupt, when your dad is not a billionary.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Very often they're also set-up completely differently...the reason, you always run into wondering about camber, toe and tire pressures...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. McClutch

Every driver has preferences, and not all of them drive with toe out, There are even some recommendations for FDW cars with stiff ATBs to run toe in, because of torque anomalies in the front axle that force the geometrie outwards.
    Yes, for race use you can ue more camber because the tyres ditn have to last, but even my old Z3 runs with 2,2° camber in the rear, 1,2 in the front, and yes... 0.05" toe in... a value often not even selectable in AMS2.

Our Sims leaves a lot to desire in means of "fine" tuning.
    Some default setups sport 0.5° tow out in the front that's far from subtle.
    As I said already, that might be fine for TT, but it eats front tyres away in just 6 laps. (Procar and Group A)

16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I don't really even understand what it is you are trying to say despite all the "likes" and "agrees" you got. Are you saying that if you find something odd about the way the game is simulating some behaviour, you should NOT bother coming to the forum to report it, but just try something else in the game that you find no issue with?

How does the software improve like that? Maybe I am misunderstanding your point. Perhaps I think Zzap64 was a fantastic magazine for its time that helped a potential customer separate the wheat from the chaff before parting with their money by not basing their review/opinion on the amount of money an advertiser placed with the magazine per month.

Who knows, but I don't understand what is the point in not coming to a forum to discuss and yet again you seem to be someone who takes offence if someone dare post anything other than a "3 cheers for Rieza" emoticon. Discussion is what a forum is for is it not, both positive and negative feedback?.

I agree that criticism should be posted in a mature way and not laced with insult, but frustrations build when there is no communication from the developer what so ever or people dismiss the criticism with a "Go play something else", "Learn how to drive", "I'm sure they know what they are doing", "Have blind faith". But on that point, I am not seeing the toxicity in these forums that you see in other sim forums (flight, racing) so I still am not sure what you are saying exactly when comparing these forums to an out of control class room of misbehaving kids. (could be read as an insulting toxic statement in itself tbh)

You know what would help? Some actual communication from the developer that explains where things are and what things they expect to improve even for content that just got released. Some feedback when people report issues. Instead we are left with just some trickle down info from good people's who happen to have access to the beta forums (CrimsonEminence basically).

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah its when the car gets close to the edge of its tire/tarmac adhesion that both the drivers skill does show - but also the often huge difference between RL cars and virtual cars.
    Thats the reason I refered to the comments on this subject from a man who probably does know a lot more about this than us normal racing simmers.;)

ByTheWay: At any time I will take Mansells comments on this subject as (much) more qualified than both RL highway drivers and believe it or not even from outpourings from youtubers "expertize" :D

18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The "criticism" you talk of was just the usual "lol physics sucks make it drive like AC" backed with Steam Charts "arguments". The appropriate response to that is "maybe you'd just enjoy playing AC instead".

In the end, every sim drives slightly differently. I don't enjoy the way a certain very very popular racing sim drives, yet I don't spend my time trawling every forum for that sim and posting every Steam Chart or negative YouTube review I can scour off the Internet, let alone spend my time obsessively clicking "disagree" or "dislike" on every positive post that appears on those forums. Yet there are multiple people like that polluting AMS2 forums at places like RaceDepartment and even here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah and I think I agree with you on a similiar area.
    Hehe and I didnt think that I would ever post this.:oops:
    But at the moment Im only using a certain sim because I consider its menu system as rather "intuitive" - but above all because my favorite the TT mode is realised (almost) perfectly by this sim.
    By this I mean managing of replays, saving statistics, live upd of LB, 1 lap reset of car state, and more.
    But my problem is that eventhough I can accept this sims tire model - then I dont really like this TM!:(

Allthough Im doing pretty good on this other sim´s TT LBs driving its formula US and X17 - then I more or less dont feel connected to the virtual tarmac in this other sim!

ByTheWay: Why this is a problem is because when driving a few(!) cars in AMS2 (F-Reiza, FV10/12, F-Ulti) then I have experienced a "connectedness" to the virtual tarmac that I havent felt in any other sim.
    But because all the annoying issues in AMS2 and above all the way Reiza half-hearted have realised the AMS2 TT mode I dont really care.:whistle:

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, every race car I have driven would be completely unsuitable for road driving--due to set-up being tilted dangerously (by street legal standards) towards over steer and suspension stiffness and chassis vibration that would exhaust even the most enthusiastic of us after a few km. Not to mention the completely illegal noise levels.

Your road car, even a full-blown expensive/exotic sports car, feels like driving a bus with failed brakes after being in even a relatively modest real race car.

Of course basic feel for a vehicle's dynamics is transferable at a lower level. I grew up being able to test the limits of every manner of car (at lower speeds) sometimes on a daily basis. It's called winter in a snowy part of Canada :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.